KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Hi, forgot to ask my SE this. Does the side mirrors automatically bend down when gear is switched to reverse?

Nope

↡ Advertisement

Hi, forgot to ask my SE this. Does the side mirrors automatically bend down when gear is switched to reverse?

No it doesn't have. The side mirror is too small for parking. I attached a small blind spot mirror to solve this problem

No it doesn't have. The side mirror is too small for parking. I attached a small blind spot mirror to solve this problem

Can also replace the stock mirror with a wide angle mirror. Covers blindspots n can see your rear fender at the same time for easy parking

Can also replace the stock mirror with a wide angle mirror. Covers blindspots n can see your rear fender at the same time for easy parking

Did you install? From TB or eBay?

Just booked my K3ex, intending to change to led lights. Any bros can recommend a good one? Is it difficult to change? This is my first car :)

And ar.... is it legal? :P

Just booked my K3ex, intending to change to led lights. Any bros can recommend a good one? Is it difficult to change? This is my first car :)

Hi Liquids, welcome to the K3 group.

It's possible to change to LED light but installation need some modifications. And yes, it's not legal as it is not OEM fitted.

Hi Liquids, welcome to the K3 group.

It's possible to change to LED light but installation need some modifications. And yes, it's not legal as it is not OEM fitted.

Thanks. Any bulbs to recommend and installation workshop? Appreciate the advise.

Can diy. Its quite easy. You wanna change headlights to led or interior light? Interior is legal, exterior Illegal
  • Praise 1

Can diy. Its quite easy. You wanna change headlights to led or interior light? Interior is legal, exterior Illegal

Change the headlight to closer white led/HID. As this is my first car, have totally no experience changing it, any video/guide on it? I tried searching but dont have anything specific to K3.

Also worried that C&C may use this as an excuse to void warranty. :( And if people are worried about it being "illegal", when it comes to replacing a blown light, how to replace? Must buy directly from KIA? :\

Edited by Liquidsn
  • Praise 1

Change the headlight to closer white led/HID. As this is my first car, have totally no experience changing it, any video/guide on it? I tried searching but dont have anything specific to K3.

Also worried that C&C may use this as an excuse to void warranty. :( And if people are worried about it being "illegal", when it comes to replacing a blown light, how to replace? Must buy directly from KIA? :\

Hid & led is illegal. If no prior experience, maybe can approach ws to do for u for a fee. Replacing a blown bulb with another filament bulb is not consider illegal unless u go for those white colour bulb.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys! Another KIA K3 owner checking in! Being a noob here, i hope to seek some advises from the brother here.

- I got a resale KIA K3 this month. I just realized that the previous owner did not went back to KIA for servicing (at 20K milestone). Does it make any sense for me to go back to KIA servicing now? If not, any recommend engine oil to use if I am to do the servicing outside? 

- The radio reception is really bad. Any recommendation how to improve the reception? 

Thanks Bros in advance! 

• Praise 1

Hi Guys! Another KIA K3 owner checking in! Being a noob here, i hope to seek some advises from the brother here.

- I got a resale KIA K3 this month. I just realized that the previous owner did not went back to KIA for servicing (at 20K milestone). Does it make any sense for me to go back to KIA servicing now? If not, any recommend engine oil to use if I am to do the servicing outside?

- The radio reception is really bad. Any recommendation how to improve the reception?

Thanks Bros in advance!

IMHO, since it's a resale...It's good to bring back to CNC for a proper service and check up.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

IMHO, since it's a resale...It's good to bring back to CNC for a proper service and check up.

Thanks Bro! Which service center is better? Ubi or Alexander one? 

• Praise 1

Thanks Bro! Which service center is better? Ubi or Alexander one?

Depends on where you stay...For me I'll go to Ubi cause I'm staying at east side. As for which workshop is good, I think all have their pro and cons. So no comment...

The stock light bulb is Philips, so for replacement u can get easily any Brand but make sure it's H7.

For HID, I've installed and did not void warranty. But make sure u get the quality ones and don't cut or modify the stock wires/ sockets.

I got it at $68. No it won't void warranty as it's just plug and play. I went servicing at CNC but no words from them as it is hidden below the steering area. No one will realize it.

For your information , C&C need to plug in their Kia Diagnostic Tool into the OBD socket during servicing. So they must have seen that. They will not "say" void warranty is nothing happens, only when you wanna claim something on warranty. For eg, if your ECU kaput and they saw u plug something into the OBD reader, then they can say warranty doesn't cover your ECU

The stock light bulb is Philips, so for replacement u can get easily any Brand but make sure it's H7.

For HID, I've installed and did not void warranty. But make sure u get the quality ones and don't cut or modify the stock wires/ sockets.

For your information , C&C need to plug in their Kia Diagnostic Tool into the OBD socket during servicing. So they must have seen that. They will not "say" void warranty is nothing happens, only when you wanna claim something on warranty. For eg, if your ECU kaput and they saw u plug something into the OBD reader, then they can say warranty doesn't cover your ECU

Yes agree that they may need to plug in to the OBD port but normally i see them plugging at the one in the engine bay. 

Yes agree that they may need to plug in to the OBD port but normally i see them plugging at the one in the engine bay.

I see. But any ideal why k3 have 2 obd port? And our k3 have 2 ECU. one for engine and one for gearbox.
↡ Advertisement