KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Regular waxing cost about $150 per session. In 3 years need to wax 6 times = $900. Which is the same as pps with 3 years warranty against any watermarks, scratches, they will remove or re-polish foc.

Just buy on the shelf wax like high glaze 88 or those paste wax from car accessories shop which cost about $20 to $30.DIY one time per month is enough to last you more than 6 months with one can/bottle of wax.So one yr just spend around $40 for wax.

If you wax regularly,also hard to get water marks.

If you get water marks or bird shit which really can't remove and you do not have those hand held polishing machine,just use 2000 grade sand paper with car shampoo as barrier and lightly rub on the water mark or bird shit.It can be clear very easily.This method is basically same as those polishing machine with rubbing compound.After that just use polish compound and polish the shine back and follow by waxing.

Technically just remove a bit of damage lacquer and polish it back.

Edited by Sktan10

Regular waxing cost about $150 per session. In 3 years need to wax 6 times = $900. Which is the same as pps with 3 years warranty against any watermarks, scratches, they will remove or re-polish foc.

Pps cannot prevent water marks nor are scratch resistance, despite whatever 9h hardness they tell you. Pps is just a liquid applied onto the Paint. If a thin liquid can protect anything , then its really a miracle

A lot of pps is overrated.

One dent,scratch or chipped paint is enough to make your nicely pps car don't look nice anymore.

So save the money and wax regularly is more worth.

So many Pps shops around. That means there are people willing to pay

PPS works well for me and my 1.5 yrs plus car still look as good as new with no dent, scratches but a few rock chips but yet not visible unless purposely for it as the coating reduces the impact toward the base coat color.

Intend to send back every 6 mths or 1 yr to polish off the rock chips since most of it is on the surface on coating after I did the resurfacing months back to remove any scratches and rock chips. When I say rock chips is refer the damage not to the color. So far the rock chips did not penetrate to my base coat.

That is part and parcel of driving on the road.

No water spots that I know of. 

PPS a must for every car I own as it is easy to maintain. Of course the one I buy is one of the expensive PPS :) but worth while to keep it new always.

Pps cannot prevent water marks nor are scratch resistance, despite whatever 9h hardness they tell you. Pps is just a liquid applied onto the Paint. If a thin liquid can protect anything , then its really a miracle

So many Pps shops around. That means there are people willing to pay

Pps does prevents and reduces water marks. Just like washing doesn't prevents your car from being dirty. Then why u wash leh?

Just buy on the shelf wax like high glaze 88 or those paste wax from car accessories shop which cost about $20 to $30.DIY one time per month is enough to last you more than 6 months with one can/bottle of wax.So one yr just spend around $40 for wax.

If you wax regularly,also hard to get water marks.

If you get water marks or bird shit which really can't remove and you do not have those hand held polishing machine,just use 2000 grade sand paper with car shampoo as barrier and lightly rub on the water mark or bird shit.It can be clear very easily.This method is basically same as those polishing machine with rubbing compound.After that just use polish compound and polish the shine back and follow by waxing.

Technically just remove a bit of damage lacquer and polish it back.

If u wanna compare pps with diy, then well, it's not Apple to apple. Polishing diy can cause lots of scratches and swirl marks. Have to claybar properly before polishing.

PPS works well for me and my 1.5 yrs plus car still look as good as new with no dent, scratches but a few rock chips but yet not visible unless purposely for it as the coating reduces the impact toward the base coat color.

Intend to send back every 6 mths or 1 yr to polish off the rock chips since most of it is on the surface on coating after I did the resurfacing months back to remove any scratches and rock chips. When I say rock chips is refer the damage not to the color. So far the rock chips did not penetrate to my base coat.

That is part and parcel of driving on the road.

No water spots that I know of.

PPS a must for every car I own as it is easy to maintain. Of course the one I buy is one of the expensive PPS :) but worth while to keep it new always.

Ya correct. Cars with pps makes it easy to maintain. No water marks so far. Not so easy to get scratches and swirl marks.

Pps does prevents and reduces water marks. Just like washing doesn't prevents your car from being dirty. Then why u wash leh?

no point trying to convince closed minded people. Not sure if he had even tried PPS before, only people who have used the good/better PPS solutions will know the benefits/limitations. 

PPS is not a forcefield that can repel stones and prevent rock chips/scratches, but it definitely makes the maintenance of the car paintwork much easier.

My ride is white in color, and i am happy to say that while there may be a few stone chips here and there from driving on the road on the clearcoat, my white paintwork still looks nice and fresh after 2 years. Car is easy to wash and dry off, stains dont stick on the car like before PPS was applied, I don't see any watermarks, and birdshit can be cleaned off easily without leaving stains, and I dont see any marks left even though i may only clean off the birdshit after a few days.

some bros may be sick of seeing pics of my ride haha.... but hehe.. still glossy n shiny....

32812663241_6b822193c0_h.jpg

Edited by ricleosg

no point trying to convince closed minded people. Not sure if he had even tried PPS before, only people who have used the good/better PPS solutions will know the benefits/limitations.

PPS is not a forcefield that can repel stones and prevent rock chips/scratches, but it definitely makes the maintenance of the car paintwork much easier.

My ride is white in color, and i am happy to say that while there may be a few stone chips here and there from driving on the road on the clearcoat, my white paintwork still looks nice and fresh after 2 years. Car is easy to wash and dry off, stains dont stick on the car like before PPS was applied, I don't see any watermarks, and birdshit can be cleaned off easily without leaving stains, and I dont see any marks left even though i may only clean off the birdshit after a few days.

some bros may be sick of seeing pics of my ride haha.... but hehe.. still glossy n shiny....

32812663241_6b822193c0_h.jpg

Nice said bro. Leehock seems to be a pessimistic person. If really no use there won't be so many people crowding at pps shop. Got to try it to belief it. No point talking and convincing here. If $1k for a pps is too much to afford then admit. Just like there are cheaper cars and expensive cars, cheaper watches and expensive watches. Everything has its price to pay. Cannot say expensive means conning money. There are people who pay $100k for a high end audiophile, and ranging from $1k - $10k.

To me, cheap is never good. Products are expensive for a reason. This is prestigious living.

Nice said bro. Leehock seems to be a pessimistic person. If really no use there won't be so many people crowding at pps shop. Got to try it to belief it. No point talking and convincing here. If $1k for a pps is too much to afford then admit. Just like there are cheaper cars and expensive cars, cheaper watches and expensive watches. Everything has its price to pay. Cannot say expensive means conning money. There are people who pay $100k for a high end audiophile, and ranging from $1k - $10k.

To me, cheap is never good. Products are expensive for a reason. This is prestigious living.

better word to use is reasonable.

Expensive and cheap but if both serve the purpose then the main concern is perception.

Some bro here buy L model, some buy EX model, some buy SX model, anyway it is a variation but all serve the same main purpose, only bring you to one pt to the other, the difference is the personal difference of the feature.

Usually those so call premium PPS comes with longer period of maintenance and certification.

Of cause certification to some people it means nothing, but if it is tested by labs, of course it has certain level of convincing of the product. Does not mean cheap PPS is useless, but it serve a certain level of protection, just that the coat may wear out faster, thats why usually it stated 1yr or 2 yrs only.

better word to use is reasonable.

Expensive and cheap but if both serve the purpose then the main concern is perception.

Some bro here buy L model, some buy EX model, some buy SX model, anyway it is a variation but all serve the same main purpose, only bring you to one pt to the other, the difference is the personal difference of the feature.

Usually those so call premium PPS comes with longer period of maintenance and certification.

Of cause certification to some people it means nothing, but if it is tested by labs, of course it has certain level of convincing of the product. Does not mean cheap PPS is useless, but it serve a certain level of protection, just that the coat may wear out faster, thats why usually it stated 1yr or 2 yrs only.

I would use the word quality. Just like us, some of us can command high salary, some don't. Products also same. What I want to say is, expensive doesn't mean that we are being conned. Or "no need" to get expensive things.

Getting my K3 SX FL soon... just wondering any bros have installed TPMS into the side panel spare slot, something like this?

TPMS-for-Nissan-careud-u912-4-standard-e

Does this fit? How much? I'm interested, PM me...thanks.

There are some just plug into the 12V socket.

Edited by Multi

Does this fit? How much? I'm interested, PM me...thanks.

There are some just plug into the 12V socket.

Bro Multi, I am using this instead. Instead of cut the panel to fit the monitor, this plus straight to the 12V cig plug.

Our car have 2 ma.

This thing saved my ass. I was leaving my office and it prompted me that I have a flat tyre. I quickly stopped my car at the side and check. Knn. My right rear tyre almost total deflated.

The system prompted me. Say my tyre only got 90KPA. Normal is about 220-240KPA.

https://www.singtech.com.sg/shop/singtech-tyre-safe-tpms-black/

Bro Multi, I am using this instead. Instead of cut the panel to fit the monitor, this plus straight to the 12V cig plug.

Our car have 2 ma.

This thing saved my ass. I was leaving my office and it prompted me that I have a flat tyre. I quickly stopped my car at the side and check. Knn. My right rear tyre almost total deflated.

The system prompted me. Say my tyre only got 90KPA. Normal is about 220-240KPA.

https://www.singtech.com.sg/shop/singtech-tyre-safe-tpms-black/

Thanks for the information, will look for one.

guess the TPMS direct into the 12v slot is the best and quickest solution..

But not sure how accurate and reliable. Actually just check tyre pressure every week is good enough.

Neutral Newbie

But not sure how accurate and reliable. Actually just check tyre pressure every week is good enough.

true, but i feel it aids while on the move, just in case u hit a nail or something sharp, then u can see the air slowly depleting, indicating that you may have a flat.

guess the TPMS direct into the 12v slot is the best and quickest solution..

My only concern is the cap, will it lost or stolen?
↡ Advertisement