KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Hi, my 2017 K3 ride has just reached 5 years. Not sure if anyone here still stay with CnC for service maintenance. I am still deciding whether I should continue to stay with them or switch to outside 🤔 What other service workshop (in North/NE can assure good service and repair? 

↡ Advertisement

On 3/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, N00b said:

my passenger side folding mirror motor cant stop when closing. anybody faced the same problem before?

seems like could be the motor or gears that is damaged.

Can't stop when closing means? You hear the motor running even when the wing mirror reaches the closed position? If that is the case, then it's the sensor or switch inside that is spoilt... the sensor or switch detects that the wing mirror is in the closed position and cuts power to the motor to stop the folding motion...

On 5/18/2022 at 10:01 AM, cyphos168 said:

Have a KIa 2017 Sorento AWD 2.2 CRDi. How's the current batch of KIAs? Mine is starting to show problem after 5 years of warranty has lapsed.

Depends on what you mean by problems... after 5 years you'll get wear and tear issues which means you have to replace consumable parts... no car brand will last 5 years without having common wear and tear issues...

On 6/4/2022 at 11:09 PM, Potatoes said:

Hi, my 2017 K3 ride has just reached 5 years. Not sure if anyone here still stay with CnC for service maintenance. I am still deciding whether I should continue to stay with them or switch to outside 🤔 What other service workshop (in North/NE can assure good service and repair? 

Since there's no warranty then paying the premium for C&C servicing is no longer required... you're probably paying at least double what a regular workshop will charge... just look at the SGCarmart list of workshops lor... they should be reliable... the K3 isn't complicated... any workshop will be able to service it...

On 5/24/2022 at 10:03 AM, Feimao said:

Hi. Everyone,

My K3 2016 steering mode seem to getting heavier. Now Comfort mode should be the lightest to steer become like normal mode driving. Tyre pressue is at 240 also feel heavy to turn. Understand that it is electric steering and some forum said that we can reset the car ECU so that every thing return to default. Anyone can advise? Thank in advance.

Get your power steering checked... don't touch the ECU first...

@teomingern Agree! Will look for a reliable workshop near my place. Glad to hear that K3 is not too difficult to service as I hope to continue keep my ride for another good number of years. Thanks!

On 6/7/2022 at 10:41 PM, teomingern said:

Since there's no warranty then paying the premium for C&C servicing is no longer required... you're probably paying at least double what a regular workshop will charge... just look at the SGCarmart list of workshops lor... they should be reliable... the K3 isn't complicated... any workshop will be able to service it...

Agree! Will look for a reliable workshop near my place. Glad to hear that K3 is not too difficult to service as I hope to continue keep my ride for another good number of years. Thanks!

On 6/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, teomingern said:

Can't stop when closing means? You hear the motor running even when the wing mirror reaches the closed position? If that is the case, then it's the sensor or switch inside that is spoilt... the sensor or switch detects that the wing mirror is in the closed position and cuts power to the motor to stop the folding motion...

yup, the motor still continue to run after the mirror is fully closed, but it will stop after i give it a hard smack 🤣

i googled on youtube, and it seems to be pointing towards the internal gears probably damaged

recently air con not cold, went workshop to check, and possibly is leaking gas at the cooling coil. workshop topped up the air con gas, and asked me to monitor first. hopefully it can last and can be a cheaper solution   

On 5/18/2022 at 10:01 AM, cyphos168 said:

Have a KIa 2017 Sorento AWD 2.2 CRDi. How's the current batch of KIAs? Mine is starting to show problem after 5 years of warranty has lapsed.

what problem u encounter...

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone has problem on side read mirror folding problem? i used to put to auto fold/unfold mode. Recently got some sound coming when folding/unfolding, the sound is like your electric fan swinging, but blocked by obstacle. The sound from the gears. So I put to always open now.. But strange is that the sound still coming out even it is not folding/unfolding. Usually only happen when locking/unlocking the door. the sound will stop after like 5-10 seconds. So far only happen on the driver side read mirror.

Neutral Newbie
21 hours ago, N00b said:

@Keegs see my post above. my left side mirror also have a motor problem. the motor does not stop when closing. so now i just keep it open permanently 

Same here.. I keep it open permanently, but the sound still there everytime I unlock the door

Neutral Newbie

Anybody has changed the shock absorber of their K3? Any good and reliable workshop to recommend? How's the price like? Thank you!

@N00b I had the same problem. C&C quoted me $600 plus to repair. Decided to change outside. Can find Carousell for those side mirror repair. Wanted to find one at punggol after seeing good review but decided to go to we_proauto at WCEGA plaza as near my house. Cost me only $120. I was there to see the person fixing it. He is quite good as he told me he had changed quite a lot of this before. 

Neutral Newbie

Hey KIA owners 

Seek advice, today realize my Aircon some wrong, driver side cold air, but passenger side and back all warm air.

As I drive longer...it gets even hotter.

have anyone encountered this before?

if yes share where you found repair and what's the damage.

Yt video suggest blend door actuator faulty..

On 7/23/2013 at 11:36 PM, TTT said:

K3 owners-to-be, we are all looking forward to the delivery of our cars /public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
let's consolidate an owners' list here!
let me start the ball rolling:

1. TTT - Golden Beat
2. ER-3682 - Bright Silver
3. Firedemon15 - Glittering Metal
4. Vyeron - Snow White Pearl
5. Aurorablack - Aurora Black

So fast near 10 years old..one of the 1st Few K3 in the launch.

IMG-20230423-WA0027.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2