Cars that allow you to fully switch off DSC, DTC, ESP, etc?

So far I know only BMW can fully switch off traction control and all wheel braking.

Mercedes cannot fully switch off.

What other cars? Porsche can or not?

↡ Advertisement

So far I know only BMW can fully switch off traction control and all wheel braking.

Ariel Atom, Caterham, KTM X-Bow.

Because these cares don't come with all those features.

(edited)

Simi si all wheel braking? You are talking ABS or All Wheel Drive?

Most conti high end cars are able to switch off the traction control and ESP(stability control). Whether these systems are fully switched off I really dun no or there's no real way of telling...even if the car maker tells you so. If car makers make it such that even the driver manually switch these safety nannies off, once the sensors detect the car is "out of control" they may just self activate regardless....for safety sake.

Anyway I prefer the safety nannies on "ON" everytime you start the car. I have tried on track to drift around the bend to the point the TC/ESP warning lights flashing. The car I was driving had TC & ESP on one button only, great thing about it you still get to control drift the car, no good thing is ESP cut off the power totally. So when I was getting out of a bend I step on the throttle, no respond, after a couple of seconds dan I got the throttle back.

If you ask me, I would prefer to leave both "ON". I would leave the TC "ON" coz I dun want the tire to go botak coz of wheel spin but the ESP "off". But one thing good about ESP is the individual wheel braking to let you regain control of the car. Cutting the throttle is what I hate most on the ESP system.

Edited by Watwheels

Supersonic

Any china car. Confirm traction control permanently off.....missing. :D

(edited)

RX-8 1.3 Manual 6 speeder, there's a button below the dash panel to switch off DSC by pressing it. However, holding on to the button for a few seconds turn off Traction control completely.

Edited by Ooosh

Volvo can do that...switching off tranction control if you want some ''sportiness'' in the ride....

Supersonic

Volvo can do that...switching off tranction control if you want some ''sportiness'' in the ride....

semi-off onli. wowo cannot switch off completely.

semi-off onli. wowo cannot switch off completely.

u mean can half hardon? wow!!! i wan a vulva...er volvo [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic

u mean can half hardon? wow!!! i wan a vulva...er volvo [laugh][laugh]

eh......wowo retiree half hardon considered dem good liao. [laugh]