Balance engine oil ----use as household lubricant.

Tianmo

Ok two days back my maid came running to me.............the fan had stopped turning again...........the last time I sprayed some WD40 and it lasted for 2 months............this time ran out of WD40...........so I put afew drops of my balance engine oil............and it started to turn as new.... [laugh]

and so.........idea came to my mind...........I poured some engine oil into a spray container given by NEA (my area now hotspot lor).....and went around spraying on metal joints at home.............better than using WD40..........smooth smooth.... [laugh]

so for those with balance engine oil .............don't throw away............use it as household lubricant and save the money buying WD40........ [:p]

those who do servicing at WS.........take back the balance of the engine oil......................don't let them sell those balance oil to others.............you paid for the oil after all...............and save some money on that can of WD40........

hope this idea can help make full use of balance engine oil........ [laugh] [laugh]

this is the 30ml bottle from NEA which I use to contain my engine oil spray...........

post-65783-1374754493_thumb.jpg

During the 70's used engine oil was reuse as anti corrosion fluid when storing up machineries and tools

wah........70's I still very young ...........lol

but used engine oil contaminated liao leh..............not very healthy hor..........

That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing. Any issue with the EO coming out of the spray nozzle, meaning is it too thick?

Ok two days back my maid came running to me.............the fan had stopped turning again...........the last time I sprayed some WD40 and it lasted for 2 months............this time ran out of WD40...........so I put afew drops of my balance engine oil............and it started to turn as new.... [laugh]

and so.........idea came to my mind...........I poured some engine oil into a spray container given by NEA (my area now hotspot lor).....and went around spraying on metal joints at home.............better than using WD40..........smooth smooth.... [laugh]

so for those with balance engine oil .............don't throw away............use it as household lubricant and save the money buying WD40........ [:p]

those who do servicing at WS.........take back the balance of the engine oil......................don't let them sell those balance oil to others.............you paid for the oil after all...............and save some money on that can of WD40........

hope this idea can help make full use of balance engine oil........ [laugh] [laugh]

this is the 30ml bottle from NEA which I use to contain my engine oil spray...........

That's a very good idea, thanks for sharing. Any issue with the EO coming out of the spray nozzle, meaning is it too thick?

mine is 5w30..........no problem..........but of course no as strong as WD40 lah............. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

solid. like that also you can think of [laugh]

I cheapskate mah.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

sometimes ideas just strike from nowhere lah.......... [:p]

I cheapskate mah.......... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

sometimes ideas just strike from nowhere lah.......... [:p]

dun try using in replacement of KY.....pls [laugh] [laugh]

will not happen........because I no use KY........ the [gorgeous] always very the wet wet................... [:p] [:p] [laugh]

idea! but w40 too thick right?

mine is w30.....works well.......dont know about w40..........you try lah....... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I read from BITOG they use ATF + Acetone for lubricating hinges. This combination allow the oil to penetrate into crevices and acetone will evaporate leaving the ATF for lubricating.

I think ATF is thinner than engine oil would be better, apply it using syringe for more precise application. Spray is a bit messy.

I read from BITOG they use ATF + Acetone for lubricating hinges. This combination allow the oil to penetrate into crevices and acetone will evaporate leaving the ATF for lubricating.

I think ATF is thinner than engine oil would be better, apply it using syringe for more precise application. Spray is a bit messy.

I read they said is 4 times better tha WD40..........but need to go buy and mix acetone............i was just using EO as it is lor.............ATF sld do the job as well I believe.......ATF also lubricant leh.....only thing is it is dye red.......i try the ATF i have at home see how............ [cool] [cool] [cool]

WD40 is basically kerosene

oh..........learn something today......... ^_^