A career at ComfortDelgro

S4vtec

(edited)

Hi bros,

Came across their job oppening for " Senior Manager "

Title sounds big, but from job description looks to be more involved with daily operations.

any one at or foremerly from ComfortDelgro care to share the work experience with the employer ?In terms of salary, advancement oppurtunities, autonomy of work, performance measurements and work life balance in general?

I have tertiary education and 14 years worth of relevant experience in their required field. but looking for a carrer to settle down in. Current focus in life is a good balance between work and persoanl life as my 3 year old starts to embark on her childhood and i would want to be as involved as i possibly can. definetly not looking for a job that requires working till 9 pm everyday....

Edited by S4vtec
↡ Advertisement

I am keen to know what is their Snr mgr making per mth. I know snr mgr in some US MNC average 15k mthly, non sales.

I am keen to know what is their Snr mgr making per mth. I know snr mgr in some US MNC average 15k mthly, non sales.

senior manager is just a title. [laugh] i doubt this type of senior manager got 15k. probably 7-8k max

Supersonic
(edited)

senior manager is just a title. [laugh] i doubt this type of senior manager got 15k. probably 7-8k max

Many times salary doesnt really match according to the job title lo. Some title seems big but salary is quite low. But if this senior manager can get 7-8k consider not bad liao. I know some dept manager only get 5-6k only.

Edited by 13177

I doubt this kind of job is good for work-life balance.

This is a transportation company and your job is "operation". You use your imagination to think.....

Everyday sure got cockups, be it small or big, fire fightings everyday, manpower issues, accidents, incidents, etc etc.

But, it's very suitable for retired army MT line officers. [:p]

how balance? if in the operations side need to do shift work?

but then big company got one benefit, usually can leave on the dot :D :D

(edited)

abit low for senior manager.

ops role always fire fighting. can forget about work life balance. [laugh]

It's low if you factor in the senior title, but frankly, in the transportation industry, be it land, sea or air, the pay is quite low usually. It's the norm (5-7K for senior manager in this industry).

Edited by Kangadrool

(edited)

Delimma..... the place where i am working at for the past 10 years admitedly pays not very well, but is very family focused and that is priority in almost all their HR activities they carrry out. The push factor to consider this new role is because of career stagnation and of course to some extent pay and boredom.

company is extremly stable , had once a retrenchment in 1997 for 1 staff and a company that turnsover 100m revenue .....

Edited by S4vtec

Supersonic

how balance? if in the operations side need to do shift work?

but then big company got one benefit, usually can leave on the dot :D :D

Even no need to shift work but i believe still need to be on call 24 hours if anything crops up.

i think in comfort delgro(not the subsidary SBS ), the focus is not only public / essential service ( buses and MRT ) at least the position that is available is not in these areas...

Supersonic

It's low if you factor in the senior title, but frankly, in the transportation industry, be it land, sea or air, the pay is quite low usually. It's the norm (5-7K for senior manager in this industry).

Just thinking for position with a 'senior' title, be it executive, engineer or manager, what shld be the salary range ar?

better be a crane operator, 7K pm sitting in the ivory tower. Time come, go home and no need to taboo homework or worry about work. Nobody will call you after work also. [:p]

Just thinking for position with a 'senior' title, be it executive, engineer or manager, what shld be the salary range ar?

Actually, I don't believe in titles with "Assistant" and "Senior". A manager is a manager. Come on, if you really want him/her to be the manager, let him/her be the manager and not simi assistant manager or senior manager; a ploy to deceive people and trying to underpay or overpay or to justify higher pay for lao kok koi employees. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement