1942 The Taking of Singapore

Adrianli

Came across this video on youtube on the fall of SG, footages from the japanese. Its National Day soon, so enjoy :

I searched and could not find similar video so started this thread. :D

↡ Advertisement

That time, we so dependent on British to protect Singapore and they are so proud that their empire was so strong ..... :angry:

Only 2 warships deployed and their Arty in Sentosa (Pulau Blakang Mati) facing the sea while Jap came from north (Malaysia) on bicycles.. [:(]

Ask the Jap to come again, I will fight till my last bullet..... [rifle]

(edited)

That time, we so dependent on British to protect Singapore and they are so proud that their empire was so strong ..... :angry:

Only 2 warships deployed and their Arty in Sentosa (Pulau Blakang Mati) facing the sea while Jap came from north (Malaysia) on bicycles.. [:(]

And after running out of ammo, hand-to-hand combat? [sweatdrop]

Edited by Toothiewabbit

Thats why I scrap my honda ..... :D

but buy Sony tv, daikon aircon and Panasonic rice cooker, just to name a few [laugh] [laugh]

i think dont need use guns. now everyone firing long range missiles with nukes [laugh]

I join you bro!!!

Kill them all!!!!!!!!! :angry:

To the death [laugh] [laugh]

they basically did a porker lah...fisted fr the BACK [:p] [:p]

well, thank god for enola GAY

The Brits are not wrong to deploy the two major warships as a show of strength, the Jap Navy is pretty formidable then. The Brits expected the Japs to deploy an amphibious landing but of course now we know they go through Thailand, down Malaya then to Singapore. I think they use bicycles to save on an important resource - oil. That is till they are able to capture the oil fields of Indonesia.

The Brits stationed here is like on R & R, enjoying and relaxing while their counterparts are getting hammered back in Europe. I suppose a posting to Singapore is quite prestigious.

Ultimately, for the Far East in WW2 is all about displacement of one colonial power with another. A sort of land grab by the better armed.

↡ Advertisement