31yrs Aussie PR Skipped NS at 17; Now want to come back

Little_prince

Saw this post asking for assistance in the SG EXPAT Forum:

Hi Fellow Forum Participants,

Can I please get some guidance/ advice from any one who have experienced a similar issue.

I am an Australian by birth but I lived in SG for the earlier part of my life. i.e. I went to primary, sec and first year of JC in SG. I held SG PR.

After JC 1 (when I was 17), my family decided to migrate back to Australia and I was brought along. I renounced my SG PR status prior to migrating back to AUS - in my immature youth, I never thought I would come back! Confused I dont recall being enlisted or drafted by MINDEF yet - I left immediately after JC 1

Fast forward 14 years, I am seeking to move back to SG for professional (more interesting work in finance, deeper capital markets etc) and personal reasons (my fiancee is Singaporean and we still have family there)

Does anyone have guidance on whether I would be successful in obtaining an Employment Pass? My company, a big 4 professional services firm, will sponsor me? Does having a SG fiancee/wife assist in any manner / lend further credence?

Many thanks everyone

↡ Advertisement

Saw this post asking for assistance in the SG EXPAT Forum:

Hi Fellow Forum Participants,

Can I please get some guidance/ advice from any one who have experienced a similar issue.

I am an Australian by birth but I lived in SG for the earlier part of my life. i.e. I went to primary, sec and first year of JC in SG. I held SG PR.

After JC 1 (when I was 17), my family decided to migrate back to Australia and I was brought along. I renounced my SG PR status prior to migrating back to AUS - in my immature youth, I never thought I would come back! Confused I dont recall being enlisted or drafted by MINDEF yet - I left immediately after JC 1

Fast forward 14 years, I am seeking to move back to SG for professional (more interesting work in finance, deeper capital markets etc) and personal reasons (my fiancee is Singaporean and we still have family there)

Does anyone have guidance on whether I would be successful in obtaining an Employment Pass? My company, a big 4 professional services firm, will sponsor me? Does having a SG fiancee/wife assist in any manner / lend further credence?

Many thanks everyone

if i him, i bring wife over adn stay in AU liao

still come SG for what [confused][confused][confused]

what kind of question is that? just apply and see successful or not lor.

if rejected mean he is blacklisted [rolleyes]

if i him, i bring wife over adn stay in AU liao

still come SG for what [confused][confused][confused]

oz economy also not doing well i guess. maybe got problem getting job there so want to come back pian jiak.

finding it hard to find sympathy for him.

what kind of question is that? just apply and see successful or not lor.

if rejected mean he is blacklisted [rolleyes]

i got some friends in the same boat. one is a pilot. apparently after giving up pr, the govt wont issue ep to you forever.

anyway he lucky he didnt join siav [laugh]

oz economy also not doing well i guess. maybe got problem getting job there so want to come back pian jiak.

[idea] claim boh zoh gang marnie from AU garmen lor [idea]

[grin]

i got some friends in the same boat. one is a pilot. apparently after giving up pr, the govt wont issue ep to you forever.

anyway he lucky he didnt join siav [laugh]

i thot now too many pilot? :huh: newspaper say doono what lay off [:/]

Perhaps he had no choice as it was parents' decision to relocate....

Everyone deserves a second chance....so...complete the NS and the reservist cycle and the employment would be issued to him.

your family would have been told of the implication when renounce PR 14 years ago.. it goes into the record! Have friend who renounce and now work in US MNC. last heard he wanted to transfer to work in regional office in Singapore but never happened.. [:(]

since you have already applied for permit, then wait and hope for good outcome lah..

if you are talented enough, they will bend over backwards to accommodate you.

i know of at least 2 who have succeeded. of course, i know of many more who have failed

Turbocharged

surrender 5M and u can fly high

yup, somehow have to agree..... money talks... all talks about integrity are bullcrap... there's a price tag to everything... [laugh]

Turbocharged

Welcome...just remember to pay your taxes.

a classic example of FT who come here, take local job and local woman as well..... [laugh]

a classic example of FT who come here, take local job and local woman as well..... [laugh]

maybe is darryn go and troll other people in other forumn [grin][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement