Warning , beware of L1 Cooling Airconditioning & Engineering

Help1

Hi guys

Warning and beware of this company, L1 Cooling Airconditioning & Engineering, believed this is a one man show company, Johnny 林 is the person. Engaged this company to do basic cleaning of the aircon through groupon. Based on the groupon deal, call 81166269 to Made appt. Agreed on date n time, then did not turn up on actual day. Wasted my leave. Then schedule again, agreed to come in the morning, turn up late by more than 1hr. Aircon leaked the next day, called him to fix a schedule to fix the issue since got 95 days warranty if due to leakage. Came few days later, give me crap reasons etc etc, use a duct tape to seal the leakage. Ask my mum to boil lots of water so that he can pour into the fan coil tray to clear the choke as he claimed. Seems the leakage stopped so he left, the leakage came back again that night. Again fix a schedule to come n fix the issue, agreed on a date n time (abt 2 weeks later), appt date came, no show from him again, wasted mybleave again. Called him n he blamed the schedule was fixed by his admin, his admin screwed up c'mon his admin is he himself. He said he can only comes down 1 week later. Told him aircon has been leaking all the while. He said he will fixed an appt again. Then disapeear, numerous calls and SMS to him but no response. Trying to shirk his responsibility and accountabiltiy, so inform groupon for possible actions now.

So if anyone of you engage this company or him to service aircon, pls think twice. Dun want you guys to go thru the same agony.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys

Warning and beware of this company, L1 Cooling Airconditioning & Engineering, believed this is a one man show company, Johnny 林 is the person. Engaged this company to do basic cleaning of the aircon through groupon. Based on the groupon deal, call 81166269 to Made appt. Agreed on date n time, then did not turn up on actual day. Wasted my leave. Then schedule again, agreed to come in the morning, turn up late by more than 1hr. Aircon leaked the next day, called him to fix a schedule to fix the issue since got 95 days warranty if due to leakage. Came few days later, give me crap reasons etc etc, use a duct tape to seal the leakage. Ask my mum to boil lots of water so that he can pour into the fan coil tray to clear the choke as he claimed. Seems the leakage stopped so he left, the leakage came back again that night. Again fix a schedule to come n fix the issue, agreed on a date n time (abt 2 weeks later), appt date came, no show from him again, wasted mybleave again. Called him n he blamed the schedule was fixed by his admin, his admin screwed up c'mon his admin is he himself. He said he can only comes down 1 week later. Told him aircon has been leaking all the while. He said he will fixed an appt again. Then disapeear, numerous calls and SMS to him but no response. Trying to shirk his responsibility and accountabiltiy, so inform groupon for possible actions now.

So if anyone of you engage this company or him to service aircon, pls think twice. Dun want you guys to go thru the same agony.

I hv been using Markcool for abt 15 yrs already n never had any problems. Never disappointed with their service.

I only deal with Ah Huat cos now they got many new workers n some r real idiots.

When I find a good shop/worker, I stay with them even if ty r slightly more ex then other places.

Hypersonic

I hv been using Markcool for abt 15 yrs already n never had any problems. Never disappointed with their service.

I only deal with Ah Huat cos now they got many new workers n some r real idiots.

When I find a good shop/worker, I stay with them even if ty r slightly more ex then other places.

Bro, he is talking about home aircon not car aircon. [laugh]

Bro, he is talking about home aircon not car aircon. [laugh]

Oh sorry. [blush]

BTW I also looking fr a good home AC service guy. Most r damm lousy n cant b trusted anymore. [mad]

I clean my own aircon. It's not that difficult.

Anyone to blame, blame myself. :D

Ya I also just clean the filter myself but now its buggered up n I need them to ckh if can repair or need to get a new system. [bigcry]

Thanks for the heads up.

This kind of small case report to CASE got use? Maybe can help a lot others from getting conned!

Supersonic

Ya I also just clean the filter myself but now its buggered up n I need them to ckh if can repair or need to get a new system. [bigcry]

Do you have a split-unit ?

If so, you can clean the air filter, the radiator fins, the blower.

There's a brand called Jackie Aircon cleaner.

Just spray on, and let it do its magic.

Homefix also sells some cleaner.

Some people use steam cleaner.

Sometimes, the discharge hose choke and water overflow back upwards.

For me, I found it's caused by some kind of algae, which forms mucus-like substance, which then choke the pipe.

Now, I use household bleach in a pressure pump dispenser, spray liberally. It cleans, sanitize, kills the algae.

But it does smell like when you go swimming pool, "chlorine" smell. :D

Supercharged

http://airconcare.com/

diy clean. though I never use this method before, but it looks good.

I used to engage Aircool company for servicing. check them out. call and ask for price.

I stopped coz I learn how to clean myself

Supersonic
(edited)

careful with the bleach. don't spray on metal parts.

I think bleach is ok, it's dilute sodium hypochlorite.

What's not ok is sodium hydroxide or caustic soda, often found in "chemical cleaning". This one eats aluminum.

Edited by Kb27

(edited)

I clean my own aircon. It's not that difficult.

Anyone to blame, blame myself. :D

I used to wash air con when I was working in hotel back in student days. what we normally do is to flush clean the water lines, then fix back. Solve 90% of air con not cold problem.

Not work, then not too late to call professional. Leakage usually can be solve by some sealing silicon or silicon tape.

Why let people earn easy money, while you have to waste on your previous leave also?

Edited by Kiadaw

Do you have a split-unit ?

If so, you can clean the air filter, the radiator fins, the blower.

There's a brand called Jackie Aircon cleaner.

Just spray on, and let it do its magic.

Homefix also sells some cleaner.

Some people use steam cleaner.

Sometimes, the discharge hose choke and water overflow back upwards.

For me, I found it's caused by some kind of algae, which forms mucus-like substance, which then choke the pipe.

Now, I use household bleach in a pressure pump dispenser, spray liberally. It cleans, sanitize, kills the algae.

But it does smell like when you go swimming pool, "chlorine" smell. :D

Ya mine is a Fujitsu multisplit. 3 fancoils.

I used to DIY even to suck the drainage pipe with my wet/dry vacuum cleaner but now when I switch off the room fancoil, the outside compressor keeps running. I can only turn it off by the main switch.

I chk a few frens n ty say maybe its the circuit board spoil. Fujitsu my model abt 15 yrs no more spare fr circuitboard n need to change whole unit.

I dun use those foam spray into the fancoil aluminium coil cos it can corrode the aluminium.

But my problem is some electronic control problem.

I need an honest repair man to chk n advise me the best n cheapest soloution.

Changing the whole system is the most expensive n messy way n Im trying to avoid it. I hope to just change the circuit-board if possible.

If no choice, I wil just get a new single-split cos only 1 room needs AC now cos the other rooms never on AC. The problem wil b the mess if ty change a new system. :wacko:

I used to engage Aircool company for servicing. check them out. call and ask for price.

My problem is not the cleaning of the fancoils but some electronic problem.

When I off the room AC, the outside compressor keeps running n I can only switch it off by the main switch.

I hope to find an honest repair man to chk n advise me the best n cheapest way to solve.

The circuit board fr my 15 year old Fujitsu multi-split prob not sold anymore n I was told hv to change the whole AC system. [bigcry]

Or my last solution is just leave it alone n install a simple window AC unit in my room but I prefer a multi split fr my one room only as the other 2 rooms never use the AC anymore.

Same here. Please try to avoid groupoon deal. I bought a in car cam recorder and they post to me. I open the package and it seems used before. The connections are loose.

I am not sure who's fault. Seems like the company who engage groupoon dealings send me the used recorder rather than a new one.

Well, once bitten twice shy. They loose one customeer like me.

:o

Supersonic

I have their product, bought from homefix.

It cleans reasonably well. The bag is very useful to collect waste water.

The cleaning solution is a bit pricey, but then not much choice if you want to diy.

Although it didn't seemed to remove dirt that stick to the blower fan blades, using bleach is a cheaper solution and it works better.

My problem is not the cleaning of the fancoils but some electronic problem.

When I off the room AC, the outside compressor keeps running n I can only switch it off by the main switch.

I hope to find an honest repair man to chk n advise me the best n cheapest way to solve.

The circuit board fr my 15 year old Fujitsu multi-split prob not sold anymore n I was told hv to change the whole AC system. [bigcry]

Or my last solution is just leave it alone n install a simple window AC unit in my room but I prefer a multi split fr my one room only as the other 2 rooms never use the AC anymore.

bro, faster change aircon. My power consumption reduced more than 50%. Me also using Fujitsu system 5 previously. Sucked power like nobody business.

↡ Advertisement