Poll: The 3 St Marg girls who went bald for charity

Jman888

3 school girls who went bald for charity   

119 members have voted

1. 1. Did the principal do the right thing by disallowing?

• Yes I support the principal
    • No the principal should close 1 eye
    • I can't make up my mind, wishy washy

mean keeping hair long will not become a slut?

I understand some schools discourage female teacher to go for this event, it could be for valid reason. but for girl who brave themselves for good cause, what was the principal thinking, trying to train their student to be Miss Singapore and rich tai tai? <_<

3 girls who shaved head bald for charity told to wear wigs

Published on Aug 02, 2013

By Grace Chua

ST_20130802_GRHAIR02_3774275e.jpg

Cherry Wong (left) and Leia Lai, both 15, took part in last Saturday

↡ Advertisement

Not disputing the cause but also need to understand the angle the P is coming from....she also has to keep other "copy-cats" that may uses this to their advantage too...in any case, I believe the gals promised to wear wigs after that so that what they should do and when there's medical condition, the sch also was accommodating too.

Not disputing the cause but also need to understand the angle the P is coming from....she also has to keep other "copy-cats" that may uses this to their advantage too...in any case, I believe the gals promised to wear wigs after that so that what they should do and when there's medical condition, the sch also was accommodating too.

I agree.... This is another case of too many possible complains has backfired. If allow, then parents complain why their daughter can't have their choice of hairstyle if they choose to be bald. 1 rule fit all, then nobody can complain.

Said principal Marion Tan: "It's very clear in our mission: it's about their turnout as a young lady."

i hope the schools can mold our future generations as caring and good humans.....

mean keeping hair long will not become a slut?

I understand some schools discourage female teacher to go for this event, it could be for valid reason. but for girl who brave themselves for good cause, what was the principal thinking, trying to train their student to be Miss Singapore and rich tai tai? <_<

By Grace Chua

Cherry Wong (left) and Leia Lai, both 15, took part in last Saturday

Turbocharged

It seems that they sought permission before the event, and part of the conditions of being allowed to do it were that they would wear wigs. So there is not much to complain about.

Having said that - I see a huge difference between sporting "an unfeminine" hairstyle, and "turn out as young ladies" and participating in a charity event.

If I were the P, I would have allowed them to come to school bald, and commended them in the assembly for their courage.

If it "encourages" others to do the same as an "expression of individuality" then just have to have the balls to stand up and say - "Well they did it for charity, so its different. Life's unfair. Live with it"

yup

there are many charitable deeds that they can participate...

It seems that they sought permission before the event, and part of the conditions of being allowed to do it were that they would wear wigs. So there is not much to complain about.

Having said that - I see a huge difference between sporting "an unfeminine" hairstyle, and "turn out as young ladies" and participating in a charity event.

If I were the P, I would have allowed them to come to school bald, and commended them in the assembly for their courage.

If it "encourages" others to do the same as an "expression of individuality" then just have to have the balls to stand up and say - "Well they did it for charity, so its different. Life's unfair. Live with it"

i also shave my head for charity [grin][laugh][laugh][:p]

Turbocharged

I agree.... This is another case of too many possible complains has backfired. If allow, then parents complain why their daughter can't have their choice of hairstyle if they choose to be bald. 1 rule fit all, then nobody can complain.

This is the ball-less way to do it. the P has no courage. So IMHO -FAIL!

This is not a "choice of hairstyle" but rather - participation in a charity event.

If people can't recognise the difference between the two then they have a critical thinking deficit

rules are rules...

yup

yalor

go and put in one day of work for the poor 15 year old girl who is trapped in baby body also is charity what [:/]

that was what i meant, if a girl choose to shave at christmas, she is up to something funny, but if it was done during a campaign, the school should encourage them.

using a school mission as an excuse is sending the wrong message.

Actually why are some hairstyles acceptable while others are not?

Last time I thought the Aaron Kwok centre parting was very stylo but the discipline master thought otherwise. [:(]

By Grace

The school's rules do not allow "punk, unfeminine or sloppy hairstyles". Said principal Marion Tan: "It's very clear in our mission: it's about their turnout as a young lady."

Very telling what sort of 'values' this P holds..... Pretense

this campaign is quite different especially for a girl, first the girl must be willing, second the parents must allow them, third you pay $20 to get it shave!

yup

↡ Advertisement