Targetting the issue? or Person?

RadX

this was raised this morning

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2690286

It has created a hell of a ruckus over there At EDMW. Reading the posts, i cannot but help feel that they were a bit nationalistic and targetted the mod apparently.

Over here, if you refer to the above, the rules already state so. I accept some things are better said in chinese and google translate is there too

I am posting here as i believe MCFers are more civil and can discuss rationally. the day we become like HWZ, I leave MCF....promise!

some points i remind:

1. Address the issue, not get personal

2. be civil and contextual at all times

3. No racist remarks.

Let's say i were a bangladeshi, [laugh] and was mod here, what would the ramifications be??

(soya, i know u waiting oni [:p] )

Disuss

↡ Advertisement

oh, hope I am on right track...

agree racist is out...but abit racy can lah.

also, don't be saprised, some chinese can't read mandarin...

dun be surprised too if our malay and indian brothers read, speak and spoke mandarin as well as a chinese....some speaks cantonese like a hongkonger, some expert in hokkien....i came across many day in and out....some of my chinese friends can also understand tamil....bahasa no need to say lah....this is the advantage of being in a multi-racial society....in fact, many countries were impressed at what we are doing......

The different here is that we bother to translate it for the benefit of non Chinese speaking or reading members whenever possible......else we do a quick executive summary of what was posted in Chinese..we are of different class...alot of elite here.....nothing to.compare with HWZ [laugh]

dun be surprised too if our malay and indian brothers read, speak and spoke mandarin as well as a chinese....some speaks cantonese like a hongkonger, some expert in hokkien....i came across many day in and out....some of my chinese friends can also understand tamil....bahasa no need to say lah....this is the advantage of being in a multi-racial society....in fact, many countries were impressed at what we are doing......

Was having lunch at Serangoon Gdns last week and this AT family were eavesdropping on our conversations in japalang languages ^_^

Edited by Toothiewabbit

The different here is that we bother to translate it for the benefit of non Chinese speaking or reading members whenever possible......else we do a quick executive summary of what was posted in Chinese..we are of different class...alot of elite here.....nothing to.compare with HWZ [laugh]

agree...we are responsible netizens here...we are not hide behind keyboard warriors....we are all lao heroes

if mod was a bangla. let's have a hold-hand banner.

an u call me gay [laugh] [laugh] u go hold porker one

agree...we are responsible netizens here...we are not hide behind keyboard warriors....we are all lao heroes

hero die first....and for you i give u this coffin [laugh] [laugh]

il_430xN.100257712.jpg

Was having lunch at Serangoon Gdns and this AT family was eavesdropping on our conversations in japalang languages ^_^

actually depending on situation lah...when with friends, family and korlicks...we normaly be as natural as possible and speaks singlish...but with people in business, or when the need arises to speak properly, most can do it nicely .... even people in US speaks their local slang....taiwan mixed their mandarin and hokkien together also mah....sometimes i dun even know if a brit speaking english due to their accent....or scots speaking english or not...

hero die first....and for you i give u this coffin [laugh][laugh]

il_430xN.100257712.jpg

say lao heroes already...that means not dead yet lor.....anyway...nice lips with teeth..its wicked

this was raised this morning

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2690286

It has created a hell of a ruckus over there At EDMW. Reading the posts, i cannot but help feel that they were a bit nationalistic and targetted the mod apparently.

Over here, if you refer to the above, the rules already state so. I accept some things are better said in chinese and google translate is there too

I am posting here as i believe MCFers are more civil and can discuss rationally. the day we become like HWZ, I leave MCF....promise!

some points i remind:

1. Address the issue, not get personal

2. be civil and contextual at all times

3. No racist remarks.

Let's say i were a bangladeshi, [laugh] and was mod here, what would the ramifications be??

(soya, i know u waiting oni [:p] )

Disuss

I think its acceptable to post or paste a mandarin or malay or tamil article here ... however there shld b a brief summary of wat was communicated from the article...

The discussion shld mostly in english except if replying to specific person

Racism is not the biggest issue here... these days...

I feel that politicising things is more of a concern....

Political stirrers shld b given yellow card at the slightest hint of stirring....

I think its acceptable to post or paste a mandarin or malay or tamil article here ... however there shld b a brief summary of wat was communicated from the article...

The discussion shld mostly in english except if replying to specific person

Racism is not the biggest issue here... these days...

I feel that politicising things is more of a concern....

Political stirrers shld b given yellow card at the slightest hint of stirring....

NOTED!!

NOTED!!

Oei just my views.... n not demanding for mod action

As a mcf member i will report wat i think is not right

Whether mod take action or not, i m sure mods are better in assessing the necessity

I strongly support the use of english..but please use standard english and not singlish or hokkien terms(hokkish :o )..other ethnic groups mostly do not understand

I strongly support the use of english..but please use standard english and not singlish or hokkien terms(hokkish :o )..other ethnic groups mostly do not understand

Die... i always get points deduct due to tenses... from P1 till GP

well, so far our hokkien peng brudder, aka mustank :blink: , pretty understandable lah [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement