Another China kim xiu!

Little_prince

Supercharged

These people in China, they know or don't know there are laws in the country?

I often see in the news they did this and that, some even in the public area. Either they think the Police are useless or they think they are above the law (if get caught)... [mad]

Anyway I am sadden by such a news.

I trust we all read widely n are aware of happenings around the world. What makes the prc ones more relevant to us than the rest? It's not that a lot of us are of chinese descent, but like many other overseas chinese in different parts of the world, we have 'moved on' in terms of thinkings n attitudes.

I agree that while we may choose not to go to china, china is coming to us n the rest of the world. We may not want to generalise, but the fact is that the thinking n attitude of the mainland chinese r VERY DIFFERENT.

You may do well to read up on the cause of decline in the moral compass of the Chinese society instead of assuming they behave as such all the while.

As Goh once remarked, a society that denies and doesn't pay homage to its history is like a sturdy tree with shallow roots.

A society that has been socially engineered with religion forcibly removed as a central social institution is doomed and condemned to float around aimlessly like a piece of driftwood.

As Goh once remarked, a society that denies and doesn't pay homage to its history is like a sturdy tree with shallow roots.

A society that has been socially engineered with religion forcibly removed as a central social institution is doomed and condemned to float around aimlessly like a piece of driftwood.

You blame communism and Mao.

But it goes a lot further back to the viciously-engineered Opium War and the 8 nations attacks on China, culminating in the Japanese rape of China.

Mao and the Communists actually helped China get back on its feet, well, at least ensuring most people didn't starve.

You can talk about how religion was abolished and all that fancy stuff. But the Chinese were a practical people, they preferred a full stomach, clothes to wear and a roof over their heads first.

Turbocharged

Good one. I will say that the the Chinese culture is largely (not totally) influenced by Confucianism.

Are u sure this only happen in China? These incident happen every part of ghe world. u should be happy u are in Spore. The gov is doing v well in keeping spore safe. For me i dont even dare to travel north... Too many horrible news

Are u sure this only happen in China? These incident happen every part of ghe world. u should be happy u are in Spore. The gov is doing v well in keeping spore safe. For me i dont even dare to travel north... Too many horrible news

You have valid reason to be afraid of going north.

Another shooting today caps a week of horror never seen before in Malaysia

Malaysia has never seen a week like this before: seven shootings in seven days, most of them execution-style by hitmen, and at least two of them high-profile victims.

The latest shooting happened just hours ago, at 1.30 pm in Cheras Perdana.

Ex-convict B Balamurali, 36, was shot three times in the chest by two men who had entered his home and shot him in the living room.

"The two suspects then fled the scene on a Yamaha LC motorcycle," said Kajang police chief ACP Abdul Rashid Abdul Wahab.

Balamurali had just been released from prison in June and it is learnt that the victim had six previous convictions for theft and drug-related cases.

The rising number of brazen shootings has shocked the nation for the pace at which it has been going on in the past seven days, triggering calls for the police to refocus their energy on fighting crime, instead of summoning bloggers and dog handlers and human rights activists.

Police and the Home Ministry have blamed such shootings on the repeal of the Emergency Ordinance, which they said released hardcore criminals back on the streets, seeking revenge.

However, opposition leaders have criticised the police for depending on preventive laws and not upping their investigative efforts to put criminals behind bars.

It was reported that there have been more than 20 cases of shootings by gunmen over the past few months but seven of them were in these past seven days, and they included a high-profile activist and a banker.

Last Saturday, crime watchdog MyWatch chairman R Sri Sanjeevan was shot once in the chest by a pillion rider when he stopped his BMW at a traffic light in Taman Cempaka, Negeri Sembilan, at about 4.30pm. Seriously injured, he is now reported to be in a stable condition.

A day later, security firm owner Jasrafveendeerjeet Singh, 25, was killed when a gunman fired at least four shots at him. The shots also injured two of his friends who were having drinks at a restaurant in Ipoh.

The next day, a gunman crept up behind Arab Malaysian Banking Group founder Hussain Ahmad Najadi and his wife as they emerged from the Kuan Yin Temple in Lorong Ceylon in Kuala Lumpur. The 75-year-old banker took two shots in the chest and died on the spot. His wife was injured.

G Santhana Samy was shot in his right thigh by a gunman while driving in Jalan Mengkuang, Bukit Mertajam on the same day. He was taken to Kulim Hospital for treatment.

On Wednesday, a factory van driver, N Jeevandran, 26, was found dead, with two gunshot wounds on his body in Jalan Permai Utama, Parit Buntar.

Yesterday, a gold merchant Wong Foo Yui escaped with only a bullet wound on his shoulder despite being shot at three times by an assailant, when he stopped at a traffic light in Pandan Indah, Ampang at 8.45am.

Performance Management and Delivery Unit (Pemandu) chief executive Datuk Seri Idris Jala had responded to the spate of shooting cases, declaring that the government will start intercepting communications and electronically monitor suspects out on bail under new security provisions.

He said the government will use existing laws until new legislation can be introduced to act against serious and organised crime, disclosing that the Criminal Procedure Code had a new provision that allowed interception of communications to enhance the capabilities of law enforcement officers to compile evidence against organised and violent crime offenders.

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/malaysia-news...ore-in-malaysia

But it goes a lot further back to the viciously-engineered Opium War and the 8 nations attacks on China, culminating in the Japanese rape of China.

Mao and the Communists actually helped China get back on its feet, well, at least ensuring most people didn't starve.

You can talk about how religion was abolished and all that fancy stuff. But the Chinese were a practical people, they preferred a full stomach, clothes to wear and a roof over their heads first.

For Mao and his henchmen, all they really care about when it came to religion was that it was a downright subversive element, period.

The real man who really got China back on her feet in my opinion is Deng. Mao, was simply a strongman who helped to stamp out the ensuing chaos which post-Imperial China had found difficult to rid herself of.

Apart from unifying the country behind one political line again and proving to post WW2 US and the Soviet Union that China is no pushover, tell me what else has this man done?

The Great Leap Forward was into economic hell. The Cultural Revolution catapulted China into a moral abyss.

Edited by Happily1986

You may do well to read up on the cause of decline in the moral compass of the Chinese society instead of assuming they behave as such all the while.

Actually bad pple exist all the time, throughout history, some of the bad pple were tyrants that kill pple at will and no one can do nothing much bcos tyrants hold absolute power.

Now we hear more of such news is because of social media. Where for many year China previously was like Nth Korea where all news were highly regulated and filtered in and out.

I don't think the morality standard has changed as a whole for society, just that many just succumbed to own emotion and stray from the rest. These was made worse by the cultural revolution where the values of life were changed....

no need to go so far back lah. the great lap forward movement 大跃进 enough to show whether Mao n Communism work or not. the whole cultural thing just go spiral downwards from there. full stomach? that's the biggest joke i've heard today ...

I don't think the morality standard has changed as a whole for society, just that many just succumbed to own emotion and stray from the rest. These was made worse by the cultural revolution where the values of life were changed....

i think that's an understatement. there is already a fundamental shift in today's morality standards. i think that cannot be blamed as the environment during the late '50s n '60s necessitates that shift: what is moral value when u can't even get a decent meal for yourself or family? it's every person for himself in those days. we have to understand that pple were surviving on tree barks, young n old were left to die by the roads ... if u r weak n soft hearted u would ahve starved in that era. search on the internet, youtubes n we can c the kind of behaviour that is a result of that shift 5 or 6 decades ago.

one of the best illustration is that they have reached a stage that 笑贫不笑娼 i.e. ppple will look down on u if u r poor, but will not if u r rich, regardless of where that money comes from. u can c widespread prostitution n greed from officials.

Edited by Anakin

Well, very very difficult... even the product is not make in China, some of the little component of the product may still come from China, they are just hidden...

Now countries need each other. China need Japan , US and the west. And that is the same for the west, US and Japan, they need China.

So even there is so call tension, they will not go into war.

↡ Advertisement