Dishwasher, now the machine not a person

Genie47

Me n my sis is very different. She uses alot of plates n bowls in a meal n saying detergent n water hurts her fragile hand, she all along using dishwasher. Few yrs back she bought one for 1600, this year moved house bought a new one bigger n for 1000.

I got curious abt it n ask them. My bil say one cycle min 2 hrs, consume alot of water n energy

As for me, my wife n I cook, she uses quite afew dishes but I'm washing

And when I cook, I normally use min num of dishes while she wash

So it depends on individual needs n num of dishes u use

Ya, I'm into that grp, I was cleaner n

Faster than a dishwasher

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

I thought u r referring to the new idea that hawker center dish washing service being centralised. Then the elderly no job, how?

After looking through the videos. Technology indeed is now very tok gong. If you prewash and prerinse, you will remove the bits of meat and stuff, the new dishwashers cannot detect how dirty it is. You gave it a false start so it didn't clean well.

So no need prewash or prerinse. So the mentality to help the machine should not be there. The machine will do every thing.

This guy says no need to get the higher end ones. He says the lower end ones can do the job very well.

I'm going to my Courts/Harvey Norman/Best salesman and tell him to take my money.

I thought u r referring to the new idea that hawker center dish washing service being centralised. Then the elderly no job, how?

Elderly go Courts, Harvey Norman or Best to psycho you youngsters to get a dishwasher. [laugh]

There is no need to prewash or rinse anymore. You will fool the machine and it will not do its job. You should not help the machine other than scraping food off.

I'm using dishwasher for the last 4yr, the key to clean dish are.

- very hot water 70'c and above

- must use good detergent tablet, Finish tablet is the best.

- must stack the dish properly so that the water spray can reach all the plates.

Bosch is a very good brand, the best in dishwasher technology. if my old LG up lorry, i will sure switch to Bosch. btw, $999 is a very good price.

For those who are not sold on the idea of home dishwashing job being replaced by machine, not much can be said to clear them of the myths surrounding dishwashers.

$999/- is good price.

Years ago I used Fisher & Paykel dishdrawer, built-in unit under the kitchen sink. A wonderful

machine. No additional space taken. Check it out if you will.

There are two things that I have said I do not scrub and they should never be scrubbed. My wok. My cast iron skillet. My carbon steel fry pan.

All these are already pre-seasoned with the layers of patinized oil that gives them their superior non-stick performance. Up yours Tefal!

Other than that, I think anything that can go into a dishwasher can go into a dishwasher.

I will say it again. 999 for a dishwasher that usually costs 1400 and above! [:p]

It is not just a temptation. It makes a lot of sense to get this appliance.

Once you have a good dishwasher you will never go back to hand wash. Spotless dishes and glasses if you use the right detergent and rinse aid. It is like washing machine, every home should have one.

go ahead. its 999. not $9999 [laugh] But if it's not beside the sink, isn't it pretty pointless...

My sink is beside the service balcony. Got it already and using it. Fiddling around with the settings like changing the default water hardness, rinse aid addition and drying program.

Yeah, old ideas like need to pre-rinse keep getting stuck in ppl's heads. I'll say it again to make my point: dishwashers can wash cleaner than any human can, because dish washing machine chemicals are very harsh n powerful, and it's using hot water.

But yes, electricity consumption is hardcore, but can save precious time n energy. A good trade-off. For most ppl, will also save a bit of water, as it's using powerful jets inside. Unless manual washing using giant red pails like in kampong days, that one can save a lot of water lol

My sink is beside the service balcony. Got it already and using it. Fiddling around with the settings like changing the default water hardness, rinse aid addition and drying program.

so how clean is it? [;)]

how is the food debris removed?

Won't there be limescale deposits?

For my dishwasher, the food debris goes into a special filter n container that has to be removed after each use. For SG, our water is quite soft, but if needed, there's a compartment to add water softener.

And to answer your previous post, the dishes r very very clean, sparkling n shiny :) like new from the shop :p

Sparkly clean.

The energy consumption I've yet to see the effect. So far, I've tried out the auto (45-65 deg C), Eco (50 deg C) which took longer. The 70 deg C intensive which obviously took the shortest about of time because of the higher heat of the water.

Tonight I will check out the quick 30 min wash that uses 45 deg C water. The Bosch needs to set the water hardness level. All the while I was using it at d05 hardness. SG water is actually d01 so I just set it last night. Yes, it means the past few days I've been treating our water as hard water so the washer might be using more effort than needed.

The detergent I've been using is Somat3 which is a 3-in-1 (wash-water softener salt-rinse aid). I will be trying out the Finish powder for tonight's 30 min wash. I was warned by the manual that the tablet might not dissolve well for such a short wash at 45 deg C. This might mean I need to use the rinse aid but will see how without it for now. Anyway, you can use a very cheap rinse aid which is white vinegar.

The whole idea is to optimize for my daily washes to balance power economy.

(edited)

Our water is soft so I wouldn't worry much about the deposits.

http://www.pub.gov.sg/general/watersupply/...ngWQReport.aspx

Conductivity is a measure of the hardness. The range is 89-401 uS/cm and the average is 187.

The TDS is around 120 which is soft.

http://www.globalw.com/support/hardness.html

This translates to less than 0.1 mg/L of CaCO3 equivalent. Using the German degrees scale that the Bosch uses, this is very soft water at 0.01 degrees. So you can safely use the hardness level of zero. Rinse aid might not even be necessary.

Edited by Genie47

OK the most pek chek part about this purchase?

I bought it last week at 999 but this week the Courts sale has it going for 888.