Land rover defender

Lycanthrope

Hi All,

Needed to revive this thread as I wanted to find out if it's at all possible that the 110 comes in auto transmission?

Based on all of those I've seen here - all are manual.

Additionally, I believe this can be configured into 7 seats right?

Any bros here own a 7 seat 110? Care to share what the space is like over in the last row?

Thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Needed to revive this thread as I wanted to find out if it's at all possible that the 110 comes in auto transmission?

Any bros here own a 7 seat 110? Care to share what the space is like over in the last row?

Thanks in advance!

i probably would get the evoque, lesser of a headache.

if want u7 seats, I get the range rover..defender if you track.. if not.. other options out there

• Praise 1

i probably would get the evoque, lesser of a headache.

if want u7 seats, I get the range rover..defender if you track.. if not.. other options out there

Range Rover & Defender is vastly different in every way ... Including Price ... 😂

• Praise 1

Range Rover & Defender is vastly different in every way ... Including Price ... 😂

the evoque and the defender should a more direct comparison, if need a Chelsea tractor the evoque is fine, unless u want to participate in Malaysia rain foorest bashing, I see that the defender is overkill in SG

Actually I can understand the desire for the Defender, performance aside, it is a BEAUTIFUL beast. I would've loved to go for the 90 myself, if only they have it in auto transmission.

Don't think they do... do they?

the evoque and the defender should a more direct comparison, if need a Chelsea tractor the evoque is fine, unless u want to participate in Malaysia rain foorest bashing, I see that the defender is overkill in SG

The Evoque is a gd looking ride. Just too polished for my taste.

It's also a little small (interior wise) for me. The others like the Vogue is way too pricey for me ...

Actually I can understand the desire for the Defender, performance aside, it is a BEAUTIFUL beast. I would've loved to go for the 90 myself, if only they have it in auto transmission.

Don't think they do... do they?

I've checked with the AD & unfortunately not. Apparently it's illegal to have these in auto transmissions which is such a waste.

I've no issues with manual but my other half is not able to drive it unfortunately.

I share the same sentiments you do. I do love the rugged good looks, especially if you're able to jack it up & include monstrous off road tyres with a front grill & towing winch.

& since it's not available in auto (here anyway), I may have to look at the Wrangler Unlimited instead, though a major put off is the extremely high rd tax that has to be paid. Since you like the 90, why not also consider the Wrangler Rubicon/Sahara?

I've checked with the AD & unfortunately not. Apparently it's illegal to have these in auto transmissions which is such a waste.

I've no issues with manual but my other half is not able to drive it unfortunately.

I share the same sentiments you do. I do love the rugged good looks, especially if you're able to jack it up & include monstrous off road tyres with a front grill & towing winch.

& since it's not available in auto (here anyway), I may have to look at the Wrangler Unlimited instead, though a major put off is the extremely high rd tax that has to be paid. Since you like the 90, why not also consider the Wrangler Rubicon/Sahara?

Too exp. The 90 is priced around $150k while the Sahara is at least $80k more than that. [smallcry]

Another alternative of mine was the Honda Crossroad but seems no longer available new, and I am rather reluctant to go pre-owned.

i am ok with her manual gb , but no basic gadgets such as multifunctional steering wheel is a put off

Too pampered perhaps? (used to having loads of electronics + modern designs/functions?)

Hahaha I'm just kidding man - Hope you won't get offended.

This is back to basics, so hypothetically speaking - should have lower rates of electronics failure.

I think this is more of a lifestyle vehicle now, similar to those riding Harleys.

lol , none taken ...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=459425&DL=2010

this is so much cheaper ..wonder why

waiting for toto tonight ....

Too pampered perhaps? (used to having loads of electronics + modern designs/functions?)

Hahaha I'm just kidding man - Hope you won't get offended.

This is back to basics, so hypothetically speaking - should have lower rates of electronics failure.

I think this is more of a lifestyle vehicle now, similar to those riding Harleys.

lol , none taken ...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=459425&DL=2010

this is so much cheaper ..wonder why

waiting for toto tonight ....

Please look at pic 5 of the photo section, there is a clutch paddle.... how is it an auto transmission?

Please look at pic 7 of the photo section, the gear level indicates manual... unless wrong photo?

Too exp. The 90 is priced around $150k while the Sahara is at least $80k more than that. [smallcry]

Another alternative of mine was the Honda Crossroad but seems no longer available new, and I am rather reluctant to go pre-owned.

You must understand that LR Defender 90 at $150k is to be registered as G plate... whereas Sahara is registered at S plate... an S plate defender 90, would cost similar to a discovery or slightly lesser, never enquire about it before.

If you can stretch your budget nearer to discovery, you will find it rather comfy, auto gear box and true passenger vehicle.

LR Defender is not a comfortable vehicle to sit in as it's a truck designed in a few decades ago, and it's original height is at 2.15, many covered carpark cannot enter, clutch is super heavy...

• Praise 1

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Deranged, I believe that S plate LR defender 110 should come like this http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=11374 and G plate comes like this http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=459425&DL=2010... G plate can only sit 5 including driver. I am driving a LR defender 90, the turning radius is terrible, don't know how will the 110 turn.

its definitely a typo error ..cut and paste without checking

Please look at pic 5 of the photo section, there is a clutch paddle.... how is it an auto transmission?

Please look at pic 7 of the photo section, the gear level indicates manual... unless wrong photo?

↡ Advertisement