Fatal Accident @ CTE towards SLE (AMK Ave 5 exit)

Maersk1

And this is right as well.

I say abandon the car totally. Run to somewhere safe. That's what race car drivers do. There's only so much ncap rating can do

↡ Advertisement

Saw it in the news this morning.

The mistake all the victims did was get out of the car.

I had a tire puncture before and on the expressway. I came out to change the tire while my family stayed in the car. Hot or not, they have to stay in the car. It is the safest protection on a busy expressway while I risk it all changing the tire. At least the whole family won't perish. Wife complained it was hot and I told her to get back inside for safety.

Second time it happened was in my BIL's car. Whole family and MIL inside. Again, me and BIL came out to change the tire while everyone stayed inside.

Actually, something like that happened to a friend of mine.

His car broke down a few years back.

A Japanese SUV.

He actually called a tow truck.

While they were hooking up the car, a lorry/car smashed into the tow truck, killing the tow truck guy.

As for him, he lost his legs..

Super sad story..

stay in the car ? i wouldnt do that.

i would stand behind the railing and keep a constant lookup for any kuku birds.

sitting in car is like sitting ducks waiting to be crashed.

Trust me, the car is the safest place to be. If you got into a terrible crash in the expressway or very busy freeway as most Americans encountered, the car is the safest place. Even if the another vehicle crashed into you, the body still protects you.

The railing offers protection from side direct impacts but you gotta know there can be flying debris. The all-round shell of the car protects you.

I had a tire puncture before and on the expressway. I came out to change the tire while my family stayed in the car. Hot or not, they have to stay in the car. It is the safest protection on a busy expressway while I risk it all changing the tire. At least the whole family won't perish. Wife complained it was hot and I told her to get back inside for safety.

Second time it happened was in my BIL's car. Whole family and MIL inside. Again, me and BIL came out to change the tire while everyone stayed inside.

i wouldn't stay inside the car or behind, in front or beside it during an expressway breakdown. safest place is behind the armco.

I say abandon the car totally. Run to somewhere safe. That's what race car drivers do. There's only so much ncap rating can do

Where are you going to go to hide on an expressway? Walk right into the forest surrounds and hide there protected by the trees until they tow your car away leaving you stranded? [laugh]

i wouldn't stay inside the car or behind, in front or beside it during an expressway breakdown. safest place is behind the armco.

You got to go really far away from the armco. I mean really far. If the weather does not permit, you have to stay in the car. No bloody choice.

Give me a tire puncture or a breakdown anywhere but the expressway.

Actually, something like that happened to a friend of mine.

His car broke down a few years back.

A Japanese SUV.

He actually called a tow truck.

While they were hooking up the car, a lorry/car smashed into the tow truck, killing the tow truck guy.

As for him, he lost his legs..

Super sad story..

Sibeh suay. My case, once EMAS arrived, I hurriedly moved everyone into the tow truck. Was like hostage transfer. What compounded it was my MIL can't walk well and I had to literally haul her ass up the truck.

You got to go really far away from the armco. I mean really far. If the weather does not permit, you have to stay in the car. No bloody choice.

Give me a tire puncture or a breakdown anywhere but the expressway.

Had a breakdown b4 in the middle lane of a major road. After putting the triangle, found the safest place to wait for AA - at the kopitiam next to it. Lao ban, kopi peng siew dai! [laugh]

Actually, after what happened to my friend, i take a diff approach.

I had a flat on ECP like last year.

So I slowed to a crawl, turned on my hazard lights, turned out at the next exit and parked there, called Volvo Assist, because cut is on side wall.

Frankly, I couldn't care less for a few hundred dollars for a tyre/rim. Life more important

Bro Genie47,

Greeting's Good Day & Long Time No See You Liao [wave]

This is a accident that can be avoided or prevented by what you'd mentioned, it's really sad to see 2 injured 4 demised in this fatal car accident at YCK exit.

I always remains extra precautions to carry out my punctured tyre changing on road side or Expressway, "Should have either 1 or all 3 of the follows being visualise 30 meters behind the broken-down vehicle rear, A Break-down Triangle Signage, Blinking Yellow/Red Light and Deploy A Adult Passenger to wave a bright colour cloth and alerting on-coming traffic from behind while just 1 person in-charge to replacing the spare tyre."

Sibeh suay. My case, once EMAS arrived, I hurriedly moved everyone into the tow truck. Was like hostage transfer. What compounded it was my MIL can't walk well and I had to literally haul her ass up the truck.

I heard MIL..... I would have left her behind [laugh]

So I slowed to a crawl, turned on my hazard lights, turned out at the next exit and parked there, called Volvo Assist, because cut is on side wall.

Frankly, I couldn't care less for a few hundred dollars for a tyre/rim. Life more important

At least you can nurse the car off the expressway. Imagine a fully loaded car, damn painful slow to nurse it off the expressway.

Where are you going to go to hide on an expressway? Walk right into the forest surrounds and hide there protected by the trees until they tow your car away leaving you stranded? [laugh]

Yes. If u get smashed by a 150kmh car, good luck to u. I choose the forest. Make some calls to tow the car away.

I was referring to car stranded in the middle of the highway n cannot move to the side. Theres no way in hell im going to sit in the car waiting for cars to pass me at 100kmh+.

Yes. If u get smashed by a 150kmh car, good luck to u. I choose the forest. Make some calls to tow the car away.

50 from a truck enuff Liao

Loyang incident???

Always place a triangle sign well before your stationary car on the road shoulder. best is avoid stopping on road shoulder, as some cars actually overtake from the left on the road shoulder. the moving car may not have expected a car there and cannot stop on time.

↡ Advertisement