Fatal Accident @ CTE towards SLE (AMK Ave 5 exit)

Maersk1

ljaccidentTwo0908e.jpg

another crash early national day. today also got some angmor women found dead at queenstown... more n more deaths occuring in red dot...

↡ Advertisement

another crash early national day. today also got some angmor women found dead at queenstown... more n more deaths occuring in red dot...

6.9 millions populations in Singapore and 0.001% will be a significant digits of cases to be seen :o

Trust me, the car is the safest place to be. If you got into a terrible crash in the expressway or very busy freeway as most Americans encountered, the car is the safest place. Even if the another vehicle crashed into you, the body still protects you.

The railing offers protection from side direct impacts but you gotta know there can be flying debris. The all-round shell of the car protects you.

I remembered some time ago, I was inside my stationary vehicle and waiting at the traffic lights when a lorry smashed into my car. From my center mirror, I saw that it was approaching and expected it to stop but it didn't and my assessment of the lorry was that it was travelling at a rather fast speed. Lorry driver admitted his fault and agreed to settle all damages, expenses and claims from me and my car.

I was not injured though but experienced the collision impact and went on to seek medical consultation and treatment. Subsequently doctors told me that I should be fine after a few days of rest.

Always place a triangle sign well before your stationary car on the road shoulder. best is avoid stopping on road shoulder, as some cars actually overtake from the left on the road shoulder. the moving car may not have expected a car there and cannot stop on time.

wow, if road shoulder is not safe anymore, I think Commander Trafiic Police got to take note.post-114176-1376118139_thumb.jpg

Something not related to the crash on CTE:

Lots of FT drivers bringing their rubbish driving into the country, so be alert and stay safe. And always use the horn if needed. I don't care if the other party is offended or not, I horn if I sense danger.

Edited by Beehive3783

It is my pet peeve that drivers seem to think that it is the right thing to do to stand in the path of oncoming traffic to block them from hitting their stranded vehicle.

Have a fricking breakdown triangle in your car. Its not expensive, just $20 or $30 dollars.

Buy a high visibility vest, $10 or so. Use it for roadside situations.

$50 dollars to trade for your life, worth it or not?

Given the description, it seems that four of the five people in the Toyota MPV were standing behind the car when the Honda hit them. They should have been standing behind the guardrail where it would have been much, much safer.

The driving centers should probably teach a vehicle breakdown drill so that new drivers know what to do to establish a safe zone around their broken down vehicle, whether they are stranded on one of the active lanes of the road, or on the road shoulder.

This is such a senseless waste of four lives.

Anyone tried crossing over the guard rail before? Is it difficult for children, women and elderly? Cos it may be easier said than done.

Anyone tried crossing over the guard rail before? Is it difficult for children, women and elderly? Cos it may be easier said than done.

RIP.

True regarding crossing over the guard rail. It is about 900mm? I would recommend quickly staying in front of the vehicle instead.

Never ever change tyres along the expressway - call for towing out of the expressway to change. Or best is to drive very slowly (hazard light on) out of the expressway

Saw it in the news this morning.

The mistake all the victims did was get out of the car.

I had a tire puncture before and on the expressway. I came out to change the tire while my family stayed in the car. Hot or not, they have to stay in the car. It is the safest protection on a busy expressway while I risk it all changing the tire. At least the whole family won't perish. Wife complained it was hot and I told her to get back inside for safety.

Second time it happened was in my BIL's car. Whole family and MIL inside. Again, me and BIL came out to change the tire while everyone stayed inside.

Situational really. If next to a guard rail with space behind it, the safest spot would be behind the guardrail beside the car. This way you leverage on both to protect your life/reduce serious injuries though at the expense of minor injuries. If the car is stuck in the middle of the road. Behind the guardrail is safest. If no where to go, then stay inside the car.

Regardless of situations, being directly to the front or rear is the worst.

RIP.

True regarding crossing over the guard rail. It is about 900mm? I would recommend quickly staying in front of the vehicle instead.

Never ever change tyres along the expressway - call for towing out of the expressway to change. Or best is to drive very slowly (hazard light on) out of the expressway

Never go to the front or rear. For people that cannot cross the guardrail, stay in the car.

Never go to the front or rear. For people that cannot cross the guardrail, stay in the car.

IIRC, a woman died after a vehicle rammed the car she was in after her car stalled. I would rather leave the car. If i could, i would go over the railing. else, I will stay in front. The stalled car can act as a buffer.

Turbocharged

Once my car had a flat tyre on the TPE and I stopped at the shoulder lane to change

Put a triangle and took out the jack and spare tyre

Was going to unlock the bolts when the EMAS truck arrived and scolded me

Cos very dangerous with the cars speeding by, even though I was in the SH

Just need a blur or sleeping driver to do the damage

I was only 25 then

Edited by Scion

IIRC, a woman died after a vehicle rammed the car she was in after her car stalled. I would rather leave the car. If i could, i would go over the railing. else, I will stay in front. The stalled car can act as a buffer.

So being physically hit directly is safer than being hit while being suspended in a metal cage that is designed to be take some hits while protecting the occupants? Yes, it has limits, but it's limits are far higher than a human body. As for the other bits, please see my post to Uncle Genie.

Edited by Elfenstar

Once my car had a flat tyre on the TPE and I stopped at the shoulder lane to change

I was only 25 then

you can call them, they will tow to a safe place or sometimes if road conditions allow, will change for you on the spot

the news report driver was 23 years old boy driving his dad car. for a young driver please dun try to change a punctured tyre in the middle of the highway, always exit the highway and to a small road, then leave the car and call AA.

call me ah gua but I never change a tyre since I joined AA.

So being physically hit directly is safer than being hit while being suspended in a metal cage that is designed to be take some hits while protecting the occupants? Yes, it has limits, but it's limits are far higher than a human body.

In a car one is a sitting duck and still target. Outside at least can watch out and take maneuver actions.

obviously stupid to do it on highway unless you are driving a 20 foot container <_< <_<

I was only 25 then