Fatal Accident @ CTE towards SLE (AMK Ave 5 exit)

Maersk1

Anyone tried crossing over the guard rail before? Is it difficult for children, women and elderly? Cos it may be easier said than done.

Not that difficult...left hand on railing n just flip right leg over , follow by left immediately...then help kids n lift them from their arm pit...count 123 up. As for MiL...hmmm hv not come across this situation.

↡ Advertisement

Other accidents over the long weekend

The 2nd photo is a car likely to have bashed through the road divider at flyover near adam road. Don't know how the driver managed to do that.

I would move behind the guardrail and call EMAS for assistance. If in this incident. I would have moved off the expressway slowly before getting out. Blown tyre only afterall. If no chance to drive off, I would get behind the guardrail at the exit and called EMAS. IF I cannot get off the shoulder, I would stay in my car. As mentioned, neutral, slight handbrake (just so it won't roll), and point my car in such a way that if hit from behind, my car would move off, then the side of my car would rub against the curb/wall/barrier/guardrail and slow down gradually.

why would one stay in the car when it is just another obstacle on the road when it is not moving... even a bus was sent to a tumble when a semi trailer rear ended it recently in china...

china accident

Edited by Xers007

why would one stay in the car when it is just another obstacle on the road when it is not moving... even a bus was sent to a tumble when a semi trailer rear ended it recently in china...

china accident

Simple. More visible than me. Unlike me, has crash structures to take some impact. If done correctly, in addition to the crash structures, the car will take some more of the force when it moves forward, and then there's the seatbelt which will take even more of the force.

These are all freak accidents. The question is, if you can't get off the expressway, would you rather be hit directly by a moving car, or would you be in a car that can absorb some of the shock?

Simple. More visible than me. Unlike me, has crash structures to take some impact. If done correctly, in addition to the crash structures, the car will take some more of the force when it moves forward, and then there's the seatbelt which will take even more of the force.

These are all freak accidents. The question is, if you can't get off the expressway, would you rather be hit directly by a moving car, or would you be in a car that can absorb some of the shock?

i think for most expressways, you can go behind the guardrail.. prbably the only exception is tunnels, or when thatpart of the expressway is a flyover. if flyover, i will let the car coast to a safer part of the expressway and then hide behind the guardrail. staying inside the car is a no no.

I would stay inside the car.

Looking at the damaged wish, i doubt u wanna be inside...

RIP to the victims. [:(]

china accident

I should add 'Reversing in the middle of an expressway' on my Do not Do list.

Oh wait, its already there.

Actually if flat tyre, can still continue to drive. Tyre gone case, at most rim spoil. I drove with a flat tyre over a few hundred meters once. Change tyre only.

Actually if flat tyre, can still continue to drive. Tyre gone case, at most rim spoil. I drove with a flat tyre over a few hundred meters once. Change tyre only.

I had a tyre burst on SLE, slow down and exit Mandai slip road.

Tyre burst, rim cracked. But it's safer to be off expressway.

Turbocharged

Man you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Sorry for the deceased but this is just an unfortunate incident. Use freaking common sense if your car breaks down. No need to set rules such as standing 17.197m behind car or hide in drains and forests! LOL

Man you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. Sorry for the deceased but this is just an unfortunate incident. Use freaking common sense if your car breaks down. No need to set rules such as standing 17.197m behind car or hide in drains and forests! LOL

This is what MCF stands for : Many Crazy Fellows [:p][laugh]

Trust me, the car is the safest place to be. If you got into a terrible crash in the expressway or very busy freeway as most Americans encountered, the car is the safest place. Even if the another vehicle crashed into you, the body still protects you.

The railing offers protection from side direct impacts but you gotta know there can be flying debris. The all-round shell of the car protects you.

Not really in this case. Look at the condition of the Toyota Wish, anyone in it will probably be badly injured as well......the one safe way, get the irresponsible dangerous drivers out of the roads.....

i have a peeve with the video.

in the video, front seat passenger advises driver not to filter to 2nd lane cos of possible speeding cars coming from behind again.

driver still does and attempt to "under"take the taxi via 2nd lane.

i guess there is no issue cos the driver probably assessed it safe to do that. but i think what he said suggests a very wrong psyche.

passenger asks "why you still filter out"

driver says "my car can record no need to be scared"...

an in-car camera is not an excuse for your driving decisions, dude.

so what if can record.

kena bang, lost life and limb.

got record so?

similarly, i often see cabs driving dangerously. and of course i can often see them having in-car camera installed.

i often think to myself: you cab drivers are always driving so dangerously, you're gonna be the cause of most accidents if anything, put in-car camera for what....

just venting... heh..

so that they have evidence in the case of rear-ending the car in front?

to avoid being claimed by drivers with excuses like 'cat running across in front so i jam-brake' [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Yup, it is still the same when I encountered this May... And there is no charge for Emas tow truck..

EMAS will tow ur vehicle to the nearest public carpark n from there, u do ur arrangement to get ur vehicle towed to ur workshop.

At least thats for my case few yrs back.

Turbocharged

EMAS will tow ur vehicle to the nearest public carpark n from there, u do ur arrangement to get ur vehicle towed to ur workshop.

At least thats for my case few yrs back.

tks for your info. [:)]