Tesla Model S

Porker

(edited)

I had some quality personal time in both the Model S and the Model X at Tesla's "Dealership" (This is not is Singapore but in Canada where I am currently based). Didn't get to drive them but got to "molest" the cars quite thoroughly.

One thing to note is that all you're paying for is the technology. Build quality is extremely appalling especially for a vehicle with the price tag closer to an S-Class. Fit and finish is definitely closer to a lower end bread and butter car. Seats were not very comfortable and the leather quality doesn't feel "premium". I just didn't feel like I was sitting in a luxury vehicle despite it's marketing. 

Overall it definitely had a "cool" factor but ultimately if I were to purchase an electric vehicle I probably wouldn't choose a Tesla. I had a chance to "molest" a Jaguar I-Pace and felt that was definitely a better car overall. It's range is lacking but I think it's a better value than a Tesla. Plus in my opinion the I-Pace is better looking.

I'm hoping to check out Audi's e-Tron and the Mercedes EQC in the future. I think these would definitely be better along with the Jaguar.

Edited by Ara84
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

There is nothing wrong with traditional door handles. This Tesla handles are unnecessary complications that serve to increase costs and reduce functionality, reliability and safety.  And to charge customers more. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

There is nothing wrong with traditional door handles. This Tesla handles are unnecessary complications that serve to increase costs and reduce functionality, reliability and safety.  And to charge customers more. 

Porsche 911 992 series uses same arrangement

8 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Not sure if the police have attempted to break the window  glass.

Anyway, we have seen the ferocious  fire  when the batteries of PMD caught fire, while I am sure the battery pack of Tesla are of much better built, but the moment  it starts burning,  the intensity of the fire will be in order of magnitude as compare to that of PMDs, this is something the EV manufacturers have yet to overcome, not just a Tesla problem alone.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

we in Singapore. we drive Hyundai Electric car!!! Made in Singapore! 

Where is the factory?

NPNT

😂

↡ Advertisement