Home Air Con Self Cleaning Chemical

Darky8888

Hi Guys,

Just to check if anyone know where can i buy those air con cleaning chemicals?

Thought of DIY servicing my home aircon..

Anyone can share their DIY experience?

Does not matter if it is car or home aircon... all are welcome :D

↡ Advertisement

Easy, I did mine myself, damn A/C service company wanted to charge me $100 PLUS FOR ONE UNIT. I have a split 3 and the compressor will be extra charge.

You can actually purchase the coil cleaner from chemical company but they sell in bulk so get the spray type either from those hardware shops, JACKY brand will cost about

$12-13 a bottle, should be enough for 2 units if you want to the VERY CLEAN.

First remove excessive dirt by vacuum , use also a used too brush to sweep away those stuck between the grooves.

Now just spray the chemical onto the coil , 2 applications should be sufficient.

same goes for the compressor. (Remember Gas last a life cycle of the aircon, no need to top up)

That's all/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Never use chemical to clean air con, bad for children when breath in. Use hot steam jet better.

hot steam cant really remove the dirt in it. Chemical is surely much better and the chemical will not stay in your air con system for long.

I install and service air con for 15 years and always advised my customers to take down the whole unit for chemical overhaul. cleaner this way.

But i do agree DIY with chemical is also a good alternative and you can DIY yearly to maintain clean air conditioning. Just make sure to wrap the electrical wiring well to prevent it from getting wet.

20130716_134211.jpg

20130716_134216.jpg

20130716_134617.jpg

You oso need a wet vacuum to suck out all the gunk stuck in the drainage ducts.

Yup a true n valid concern. So wat I usually do is, after letting the chemical works thru the coils, and washing the filters, I turn on the air con full blast for 15 - 20 mins w no one in the room.

then juz open up all the windows and turn on the fan to clear out the air.

hot steam cant really remove the dirt in it. Chemical is surely much better and the chemical will not stay in your air con system for long.

I install and service air con for 15 years and always advised my customers to take down the whole unit for chemical overhaul. cleaner this way.

But i do agree DIY with chemical is also a good alternative and you can DIY yearly to maintain clean air conditioning. Just make sure to wrap the electrical wiring well to prevent it from getting wet.

Do you have a step by step to dismantle the unit? I think it would be helpful for all who want to DIY themselves :D

Do you have a step by step to dismantle the unit? I think it would be helpful for all who want to DIY themselves :D

Dismantle the unit is not recommended for ordinary DIY folks like us.

Because the aircon pipings [discharge Freon into service tank] and wiring need to be disconnected for removal of the unit.

And during re-installing, the aircon piping and wiring need to be re-connected.

And aircon system need to be be evacuated [vacuum to remove air & moisture], refilled with Freon gas. The person doing this have to be on the aircon ledge. Imagine the aircon ledge on the 15th floor [bigcry]

Based on these scope of work, it is no more DIY.

Therefore, recommend to DIY only with those aircon cleaner [eg. Jackie, etc.....].

Easy, I did mine myself, damn A/C service company wanted to charge me $100 PLUS FOR ONE UNIT. I have a split 3 and the compressor will be extra charge.

You can actually purchase the coil cleaner from chemical company but they sell in bulk so get the spray type either from those hardware shops, JACKY brand will cost about

$12-13 a bottle, should be enough for 2 units if you want to the VERY CLEAN.

First remove excessive dirt by vacuum , use also a used too brush to sweep away those stuck between the grooves.

Now just spray the chemical onto the coil , 2 applications should be sufficient.

same goes for the compressor. (Remember Gas last a life cycle of the aircon, no need to top up)

That's all/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I am curious how you do this for the compressor [you mean condensing unit on the aircon ledge] ?

* I am living on high floor HDB flat, and climbing out onto the aircon ledge is certainly risky. [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie

I last time work under one of the air con servicing company before, actually the "chemical" they use is just those normal detergent like mama lemon.

Plus nowadays you can buy those coupon from website like groupon, deal.com for serving of air con.

The price quite cheap actually, around $20 can get one already.

Bro..you in the aircon line ?

sorry but I want to ask...are you alright with your service ? Paiseh ask this...cos bad experience with too many contractors...even those from reputable shops. Ptui. If u dun mind...drop me a quote..I might contact you for the next servicing...if charges is reasonable.

Twincharged

the chemicals need to be washed off right?

yes MUST be washed off. best method is still to dismantle the condensor and chemical wash. You can chemical wash it attached to the wall, but make sure you flush enough water to get rid of the chemical else the coils will get corroded over time.

Dismantle the unit allows you to flush the back of the coils with water to get rid of the dirt. with the unit on the wall. sometimes you get the dirt still clogged on the insides.

yes MUST be washed off. best method is still to dismantle the condensor and chemical wash. You can chemical wash it attached to the wall, but make sure you flush enough water to get rid of the chemical else the coils will get corroded over time.

Dismantle the unit allows you to flush the back of the coils with water to get rid of the dirt. with the unit on the wall. sometimes you get the dirt still clogged on the insides.

Must wash off?

Die... I used the Jackie spray (S$11.90 at Giant) to clean my room air con. The instructions on the bottle did not say to wash off leh... :blink:

But it works damn good cos my contractor of many years lazy to fix the issue (blocked fans resulting only in blocked vents as well). The spray worked wonders, so good my wife no longer complain it's warm in the room but si bei damn cold... [laugh]

i did purchase Jackie spray at Giant too but always have the feeling that it is not clean enough.

those with forms are more convincing as we can see the actual dirt being wash out...

where can i get those chemical? and can it be apply on car aircon?

Twincharged

you can buy the chemical from horme hardware or any aircon repair shop. but these are the strong sodium hydroxide and WILL CORRODE the coils if never flushed properly. those in spray cans are probably the mild form. but you still need to switch on the aircon and let it run for a while to allow the condensate to flush out the chemicals.

i did purchase Jackie spray at Giant too but always have the feeling that it is not clean enough.

those with forms are more convincing as we can see the actual dirt being wash out...

where can i get those chemical? and can it be apply on car aircon?

Hmm... Jackie spray got foam also ah.

Must shake damn hard and spray. The foam will expand half a sec - one sec after spraying.

↡ Advertisement