Will you still ( dare ) park @Private road ?

Meanmachine

Maybe... Probably based on the amount of fines (income) it could generate, they may come and claim it back.. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Maybe... Probably based on the amount of fines (income) it could generate, they may come and claim it back.. [:p]

The infrastructure to properly sign, police and collect fines is not trivial. After installing official-looking signage, they need a properly attired security guard in at least a passable-looking guard post to look respectable enough that it won't cause controversy (like it did in this case). Of course, they also need a proper printed letterhead on their receipts, etc. All this adds overhead cost, so it's only worth it if they actually have to protect that land for some specific reason, like if they own commercial property there.

If the "old man" who fined the guy had all these, I don't think the case would even have gone to the press here. If something looks official enough, people become very guai guai.

Edited by Turboflat4

So no man's land means we can park there? Means the old man clamp out vehicle will be illegal? How about find one day all go there park and see the old can got how many clamp to clamp us....Lol

Twincharged

I will not park if I see the signs. But if no sign then how am I supposed to know its a private road?

So no man's land

wow, no man's land; only for 'easement'; no man's land can also mean the residents who own the row of houses cannot claim 'private property'; wow, owners there may have to refund the fines? and LTA got to amend their advice "implement traffic schemes they deem fit"? as it is, i think the owners can only call poilice to take action whenever there is/are outside cars parked there. Just my wondering :huh:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

i'm curious....

1. why the creditors din seize the land (the road in this case) as part of the company's assets?

2. why the company din attempt to sell the land before its bankruptcy?

maybe bought it so long ago that the company itself wasn't aware of the ownership

NO more PRIVATE ROAD.

Now it is Ah Gong Road.

Lai lai lai......parking fine i think S$70 or S$100 only for double line. No more wheel clamp.

A lesson to learn : Dont complain!

==========================

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/jalan-mas-puteh-parking-wardens-do-spot-checks-20140127

Traffic wardens are now patrolling Jalan Mas Puteh in Clementi after residents there were told to stop clamping the wheels of vehicles parked illegally in front of their homes.

Six months ago, The Straits Times reported that residents had put up signs warning drivers to steer clear and had begun clamping the wheels of illegally-parked vehicles.

The situation came to a head after an irate driver wrote on citizen journalism website Stomp that he had been forced to pay a $500 release fee to remove the clamp from his car.

At the time, residents claimed they were in the right because the road that runs in front of all eight terraced units is private property, which they are responsible for maintaining.

so, it's ah gong or private road?

if ah gong road, can claim back the $500?

but got to pay $70 fine and 3pts demerit?

Edited by Wt_know

if ah gong road, can claim back the $500?

but got to pay $70 fine and 3pts demerit?

bro, double yellow got demerit meh?

i thot pay and go.

only zig-zag got demerit

Checks with the SLA-maintained Onemap.sg website revealed the road is now classified as state land - under the jurisdiction of the Land Transport Authority (LTA)

the illegal parking continues

NO more PRIVATE ROAD.

Now it is Ah Gong Road.

Lai lai lai......parking fine i think S$70 or S$100 only for double line. No more wheel clamp.

A lesson to learn : Dont complain!

==========================

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/jalan-mas-puteh-parking-wardens-do-spot-checks-20140127

Traffic wardens are now patrolling Jalan Mas Puteh in Clementi after residents there were told to stop clamping the wheels of vehicles parked illegally in front of their homes.

Six months ago, The Straits Times reported that residents had put up signs warning drivers to steer clear and had begun clamping the wheels of illegally-parked vehicles.

The situation came to a head after an irate driver wrote on citizen journalism website Stomp that he had been forced to pay a $500 release fee to remove the clamp from his car.

At the time, residents claimed they were in the right because the road that runs in front of all eight terraced units is private property, which they are responsible for maintaining.

in the end, the residents also cannot park in front of their house .... self-pwn.

in the end, the residents also cannot park in front of their house .... self-pwn.

residents can apply permit to park.

Paying to Ah Gong is still cheaper than the $500 clamp release.

definitely, one with economy of scale, the other diy.

Residents park warden also won't summon. That's wad is happening at my place though. They only summon others that park along the roads without houses.