Watches IV

Throttle2

Until today, there remains the mystery of which watch company being the one that launched the chrono first in the 60s.

The three contenders: Zenith, Heuer and Seiko.

Till today many of these chronos are still running. Thats an attestation of quality and heritage.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

do you mean the chronograph movement?

If it is, that one is highly regarded cos Rolex uses their movement in the early daytonas and some say it is the most accurate chronograph movement. Very high vibrations per hour at 36k if I remember correctly.

IMO, if one wanna buy Zenith, then go with the EL Primero. Iconic for Zenith. Just like Reverso for JLC, Royal Oak for AP and Sub for Rolex.

Yup. Was referring to the El Primero movement.

I'm a Rolex fan. I'm keen on the Daytona and that led me to Zenith El Primero because it was only until 2000 (I think) that Rolex managed to come up with an in-house movement that it felt comfortable with to replace the fabled EP movement.

I do like the older classic Zenith chrono (pre Nataf) but they have stopped making those and I'm looking to buy new.

While Dufour has steered Zenith closer to its roots, he is leaving Zenith to take over at Rolex.

Unfortunately, none of the current Zenith chronograph appeals to me. And although one of the dress watch appeals, it uses another calibre.

But what bugs me is that lvmh has opted to outsource Zenith production in order to lower costs. Makes me think twice now about Zenith. Maybe I'll get one of the older chronos after I'm done with the Daytona.

Lange is also on my radar but not so soon.

Internal Moderator

Yeah, but I am kind of lukewarm towards Omega.

I think the manual speedmaster moonwatch is incredible and I have a high regard for it. I own one myself just for the heritage. The accuracy of the manual speedmaster (say calibre 1861) is awesome (I measured an accuracy of +0.5 seconds a day for the course over a week, far surpasses COSC requirement)

But those with ETA movements, better I don't say anything.

However now Omega is coming out with their own co-axial movement which is a modified ETA, ok...but still not fantastic to me.

I agree with you bro, speaking of co axial movement, i kinda like the seamaster planet ocean 600m. hahaha. lotsa marvel to talk about.

1000x1300-psd-232.30.46.21.01.003.jpg

But won't buy lah. hahah. bo lui. hahah.

Turbocharged

I agree with you bro, speaking of co axial movement, i kinda like the seamaster planet ocean 600m. hahaha. lotsa marvel to talk about.

1000x1300-psd-232.30.46.21.01.003.jpg

But won't buy lah. hahah. bo lui. hahah.

Bro, your Pelagos is good enough.......and I love that lume on Pelagos. If I am not wrong, the bezel has lume also right?

I wish the black bay did the same lume on the bezel.

Yup. Was referring to the El Primero movement.

I'm a Rolex fan. I'm keen on the Daytona and that led me to Zenith El Primero because it was only until 2000 (I think) that Rolex managed to come up with an in-house movement that it felt comfortable with to replace the fabled EP movement.

I do like the older classic Zenith chrono (pre Nataf) but they have stopped making those and I'm looking to buy new.

While Dufour has steered Zenith closer to its roots, he is leaving Zenith to take over at Rolex.

Unfortunately, none of the current Zenith chronograph appeals to me. And although one of the dress watch appeals, it uses another calibre.

But what bugs me is that lvmh has opted to outsource Zenith production in order to lower costs. Makes me think twice now about Zenith. Maybe I'll get one of the older chronos after I'm done with the Daytona.

Lange is also on my radar but not so soon.

There is nothing mystical about the El primero in the Daytona, mate.

Its just an overplayed piece of history simply becos Rolex didnt have its own chrono movement and used the zenith modified one. Its nice to own that piece of history but in terms of movement quality, the current 4130 is a superior one imo.

The original daytona or those in the PAul newman era came with valjoux movement.....doesnt mean that much to me. Valjoux was a mass producer of chrono movements, very good one so Rolex used it.

Bottomline is dont mistake heritage for quality and vice versa although both can be present.

Cheerios

Turbocharged

There is nothing mystical about the El primero in the Daytona, mate.

Its just an overplayed piece of history simply becos Rolex didnt have its own chrono movement and used the zenith modified one. Its nice to own that piece of history but in terms of movement quality, the current 4130 is a superior one imo.

The original daytona or those in the PAul newman era came with valjoux movement.....doesnt mean that much to me. Valjoux was a mass producer of chrono movements, very good one so Rolex used it.

Bottomline is dont mistake heritage for quality and vice versa although both can be present.

Cheerios

Thanks T2.

I will just focus on getting that Daytona.

Thanks T2.

I will just focus on getting that Daytona.

Is that an SS black dial or white dial you are after.

Turbocharged

Is that an SS black dial or white dial you are after.

Looking for a black dial as my Exp is white.

Internal Moderator

Bro, your Pelagos is good enough.......and I love that lume on Pelagos. If I am not wrong, the bezel has lume also right?

I wish the black bay did the same lume on the bezel.

YESS!!!! the lume was beautiful! The bezel also have!!! hahaha.

Hahaha. Won't get a omega lah. I scare i wanna sell cannot fetch the value. :/

I am looking for a rolex turn-o-graph 1625. Got lobang? hehehe

Turbocharged

YESS!!!! the lume was beautiful! The bezel also have!!! hahaha.

Hahaha. Won't get a omega lah. I scare i wanna sell cannot fetch the value. :/

I am looking for a rolex turn-o-graph 1625. Got lobang? hehehe

Ask T2 lo

Ask T2 lo

Got. White gold bezel SS casE on folded jubilee bracelet

$3500 firm

Will include the Rolex box

(edited)

One person wandering around the streets of BKK

Much ado about nothing

post-18864-0-49628700-1404623710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Comnao
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Today is the 54th anniversary of the death of Hans Wilsdorf, founder of Rolex.

Kudos to him for starting such a great company, and setting such a high standard for everyone else to follow.

Hopefully, 50 years from now, the values of Rolex continues to shine.

RIP HW!

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

guys...check with you...

Are there any insurance companies that offer coverage for luxury watches in SGP?

I know in US people can insure their expensive watches. Wonder do we have the same here

Edited by Icedbs

Sure you can find coy to insure your watch.

My boss's watch insurance is about $8-10k per yr.

i'm not sure what's his total worth for his watches though.

guys...check with you...

Are there any insurance companies that offer coverage for luxury watches in SGP?

I know in US people can insure their expensive watches. Wonder do we have the same here

Turbocharged

Sure you can find coy to insure your watch.

My boss's watch insurance is about $8-10k per yr.

i'm not sure what's his total worth for his watches though.

which company? I checked quite a few, all don't do insurance for watches.

↡ Advertisement