Watches IV

Throttle2

you rich lah, buy luxury watch like buying sweets. [thumbsup]

let me know whether any price adjustment.

I only buy from THG and Cortina

Just bought another one moments ago.

Vintage one.

Wooohoo..... Now looking at a gold Daytona.

Oh no i better stop ....

post-29925-0-99813900-1421480907_thumb.jpg

then dun buy lor... warn what warn? as if pple will die if dun buy luxury watches...

plus theres always german makers... :D

in fact im thkin of shorting hour glass...

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

how i see this: rolex etc will survive this crisis, but smaller players may not... hence those small but collectable swiss brands may actually be worth more if they dont surive...

can we name a few small but good makers?

Just bought another one moments ago.

Vintage one.

Wooohoo..... Now looking at a gold Daytona.

Oh no i better stop ....

vintage watch is not my cup of tea, don't know how to appreciate it

someone in sgroc quoted:

Went by a couple of dealers this morning... Customers early morning chiong to buy Rolex Ceramic Sports Models... prob these 'entry level' subC/gmt2C/Deepsea/dweller4000 are the ones that appeal and are within reasonable reach to the sandwiched class, and all rushing to buy before the stocks run out and price increases.

vintage watch is not my cup of tea, don't know how to appreciate it

someone in sgroc quoted:

Went by a couple of dealers this morning... Customers early morning chiong to buy Rolex Ceramic Sports Models... prob these 'entry level' subC/gmt2C/Deepsea/dweller4000 are the ones that appeal and are within reasonable reach to the sandwiched class, and all rushing to buy before the stocks run out and price increases.

Yup i did see more people ploughing Rolex shops today, heeehehh.

how i see this: rolex etc will survive this crisis, but smaller players may not... hence those small but collectable swiss brands may actually be worth more if they dont surive...

can we name a few small but good makers?

Rolex confirm no problem.

It's a private company and a stronger Swiss, may just make it even more desirable.

Rolex confirm no problem.

It's a private company and a stronger Swiss, may just make it even more desirable.

this situation will benefit tissot more than rolex IMO...

the high end mkt wont b affected as much as the low to mid end...

@throttle2 how many u buy?

Rolexes snapped up in Singapore before prices climb
PUBLISHED ON JAN 20, 2015 6:14 AM
282 18 0 0PRINTEMAIL
ST_20150120_MRROLEX20_996037e.jpg

At the Raffles Hotel branch of The Hour Glass (above), some 30 Rolex watches were sold on Sunday alone. -- ST PHOTO: AZIZ HUSSIN

• ST_20150120_MRROLEX20_996037e.jpg
  • ST_20150120_MRROLEX207LSQ_996038e.jpg

BY MARISSA LEE

Rolexes flew off the shelves over the weekend after the Swiss franc's surprise appreciation last Thursday sent Singapore's luxury watch enthusiasts on a buying spree before retailers adjust their price tags.

"Our outlets have been doing quite well," said Ms Jannie Chan, executive vice-chairman of luxury watch retailer The Hour Glass.

Buyers first started pouring in last Friday, and since then, shops have been "quite tight" for stocks, since each branch usually carries only one or two of each model, said one Hour Glass salesman.

Rolexes did particularly well, with popular models, such as the GMT and Submariner, selling out in some outlets. Prices are close to $10,000 at the entry level.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/rolexes-snapped-singapore-prices-climb-20150120#xtor=CS1-10

the one and only watch that can fly ... [thumbsup]

"Rolexes flew off the shelves"

T2 sell property make money ... now sell rolexes also can make handsome profit liao ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know

Radxy, i was eying a full Gold Daytona with diamonds, two Daydates and a gold datejust. In the end bought only the gold datejust and one daydate. Vintage ones.

have little interest in new ones at this point. Its more for newbies.

I wonder when the new rolex stocks come in, will people queue overnight to wait for Hour Glass to open?

That would have been ultimate and a real scene of how cash rich Singaporean are.

• Praise 1

I wonder when the new rolex stocks come in, will people queue overnight to wait for Hour Glass to open?

That would have been ultimate and a real scene of how cash rich Singaporean are.

good pls all go buy rolex now, suck their $ dry n leave the properties for me to lowball lolz

↡ Advertisement