Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

You all know.. the diesel pump tax is just the begining. Nxt time, suka suka increase liao, citing to disuade usage of diesel....

Fully agreed,

I believe this is just the starting..

Since when the govt is so nice to scrape away the special diesel tax? They will probably incorporate it in the up coming CEVS 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

from Volvo:

"Cars with Start/Stop function, in addition to the starter battery, are equipped with a support battery.

Cars with the Start/Stop function are equipped with two 12 V batteries - one extra powerful starter battery for starting and one support battery that helps during the Start/Stop function's starting sequence."

• Praise 1

from Volvo:

"Cars withStart/Stopfunction, in addition to the starter battery, are equipped with a support battery.

Cars with the Start/Stop function are equipped with two 12 V batteries - one extra powerful starter battery for starting and one support battery that helps during the Start/Stop function's starting sequence."

Tats y a ASS batt replacemebt cost $200 and above..

And also, the starter wear n tear more

• Praise 1

Zero sum game lah ... maybe even worse.

2 batteries, requiring more frequent replacements = greater disposal impact on the environment, higher chemical usage and overall carbon footprint ... vs the so-claimed environmental savings that could be derived from nuisance, higher wear & tear, start-stop engine operation!

A whole load of nonsensical BS

• Praise 6

Fully agree with you.

In a matter of time, diesel might cost almost the same as petrol.

Pity the commercial vehicles running on diesel. They would likely pass on the cost to consumers

Yes, by that time all consumer goods n public transportation will cost much more. Just nice, election time will be around the corner then.

2 batteries, requiring more frequent replacements = greater disposal impact on the environment, higher chemical usage and overall carbon footprint ... vs the so-claimed environmental savings that could be derived from nuisance, higher wear & tear, start-stop engine operation!

A whole load of nonsensical BS ðð¼

Batteries are one of the most environmentally unfriendly stuff.
  • Praise 3

Fully agreed,

I believe this is just the starting..

Since when the govt is so nice to scrape away the special diesel tax? They will probably incorporate it in the up coming CEVS

If u think along conspiracy theory.. this is a bait, and also signal to the conti brand dealer clear their stocks this yr.

When 1 day diesel pump tax is $0.60 like ron98....

• Praise 1

From what I m reading so far, i m concerned from most responses that gov is not doing enough to curb diesel usage or gloating over potential diesel pump taxes over the years to come. I m wondering why these same group of people are not concerned about the raising cost of living once this taxes comes in to impact the commercial diesel users which in turn passed down the cost to the consumers??

• Praise 1

From what I m reading so far, i m concerned from most responses that gov is not doing enough to curb diesel usage or gloating over potential diesel pump taxes over the years to come. I m wondering why these same group of people are not concerned about the raising cost of living once this taxes comes in to impact the commercial diesel users which in turn passed down the cost to the consumers??

Most responses?

Don't mistake a few people talking a lot for what the lot of us are saying.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

A whole load of nonsensical BS

• Praise 1

Surge in diesel cars unlikely to last

It is not just petrol-electric hybrid cars that have become popular. Diesel cars have also increased in numbers by more than 80 per cent over the past two years.

In January, there were 10,888 diesel cars on the roads, up from 5,976 two years ago. The figure excludes diesel-powered taxis, whose numbers dropped from 24,244 in 2015 to 23,410 in January.

However, the growth is unlikely to continue. Last month, several measures aimed at reducing diesel usage, because of the impact of diesel emissions on health and the environment, were announced. One such measure, a volume-based diesel tax priced at 10 cents per litre, was introduced last month.

Also, announced was a new Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES), which replaces the current Carbon Emissions-based Vehicle Scheme, and is expected to affect diesel vehicles. Besides carbon dioxide, the VES targets four other pollutants.

Though diesel cars produce less carbon dioxide compared with petrol ones, they produce more of other pollutants such as nitrogen oxide and fine particulate matter.

Asian Clean Fuels Association director Clarence Woo noted that the World Health Organisation had recognised both diesel emissions and particulate matter as carcinogens and four cities were already moving to ban diesel vehicles by 2025.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/surge-in-diesel-cars-unlikely-to-last

Supercharged

so what is the conclusion? ok to continue till it is banned or just buy.

I think if you are a high mileage user (more than 20k km) then worthwhile to get..

Some Bros hv done some calculations...go read the previous write up...

If u are doing 10-15k km a year, I Guess stick with petrol..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think if you are a high mileage user (more than 20k km) then worthwhile to get..

Some Bros hv done some calculations...go read the previous write up...

If u are doing 10-15k km a year, I Guess stick with petrol..

Actually for me, it is not the difference in diesel and patrol cost due to low mileage. I am more concern with maintenance and future inspection cost. Those who have owned both and can share their experiences, it will help would be buyers to consider seriously.,

Government clamping on higher diesel cost objective is to reduce diesel car or simply to control usage or to level playing field? Would they put more stringent test when car is send in for inspection for pollutants?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1