Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

our zhenghu very predictable one, every fark thing also use $$$ n taxes to resolve. It's just about using different creative ideas to implement niah. Best thing is, 70% are very excited to receive these creative stunts :D

Can u dun picha lobang? We should be happy that gahmen didn't increase by 100% :D

100% very high for a single increase

If increase 30% for 3 consecutive years,

most will think only 30% x 3 = 90% increase, in fact when compounded will be 120%.

So it makes sense to always increase with intervals.

↡ Advertisement

Honestly I don't know cos there is some clout to the argument that it's a $ making exercise but I think Victor68 n my post is more on rebutting the argument that the whole world esp Europe is against Diesels so what our govt do is correct n following suit. If that is so, why do it so much later is the point We're making as it could n should have been nipped in the bud much earlier if pro green is really the agenda.

And my arguement is that we are jumping on the babandwagon especially when EU climate patterns differ so much from ours thatbtheor diesel test do not apply to us. Instead we need local testing to determine how clean or dirty diesel is. But as we all know now, Govt's true aim was to implement VES with diesel being the scapegoat
  • Praise 1

unfortunately, majority are unuts... :XD:

cannot have erections during electtions.

The jarp squeezed until tar tar for 4 years, fifth yr of course cannot have erection lah :XD:

Prunes_Dried_Plums_Dried_Fruit.jpg

shrunken-head.jpg

• Praise 2

Talking about water bills, they should implement a surcharge for particular households that exceed national average instead of penalising everyone across the board.

I am sure alot of peeps will start saving water when comes to surcharge. Protect mother earth[;)]

I am in agreement with you on this. A better and fairer policy would be to allocate a monthly water usage quota based on the number of family members and the type of residence you live in. If a household exceeds that quota, tiered based surcharges would kick in and if you use less than your allocation you get a rebate. However, water being an essential public good and a matter of national security, shouldn't some of our budget surpluses be used or alternatively factored in as defence spending to defray that cost instead of passing it on to consumers in the first place. Also, advancement in technology and automation proportionately increases efficiencies in running these processing plants, hence, I would speculate that long term running costs are actually lower than older filtration plants. I do not see proper justification to jack up the cost of water other than revenue generation from a public good. Edited by Fuzzylogic
  • Praise 2

Let me offer up this theory:

2017 - Announce VES in 2018, hit almost all cars with hefty increase, every father/mother/son bring forward car buying plans, COE demand stays healthy.

2019 - Announce adjustment in VES criterion, maybe move everything in by one band. Spur on another demographic to take the plunge, people are happy to take that little bit of discount now after the harsh 2018. COE demand stays healthy

2020 - Election

• Praise 1

Wonder what will happen if majority of mcfers or car owners voted .....

Bring some balance back to the force....do you think it will make a difference?

2 years away from erection Hor..

Bro, sad to say, but the people who actually think a bit more abt govt's policies and ways of problem solving and realise there is a systemic failure beneath the surface are a firm minority.

Vast majority don't care, or don't want to care. As long as they can still afford their current lifestyle and spend their cpf on inflated housing, they see no reason to rock the boat. No success story lasts beyond a 2nd generation, sadly i don't see Singapore breaking with this tradition

I am in agreement with you on this. A better and fairer policy would be to allocate a monthly water usage quota based on the number of family members and the type of residence you live in. If a household exceeds that quota, tiered based surcharges would kick in and if you use less than your allocation you get a rebate. However, water being an essential public good and a matter of national security, shouldn't some of our budget surpluses be used or alternatively factored in as defence spending to defray that cost instead of passing it on to consumers in the first place. Also, advancement in technology and automation proportionately increases efficiencies in running these processing plants, hence, I would speculate that long term running costs are actually lower than older filtration plants. I do not see proper justification to jack up the cost of water other than revenue generation from a public good.

It's hard also. I have a neighbour on ground floor whom I noticed is always hanging alot of laundry out to dry. 2 to 3 racks full each time, every day.

Then one day I saw a very old and frail man on wheelchair in the living room. Very likely he is incontinent and needs to change constantly, that's why so much laundry.

So using water above national average levels may not necessarily mean that they are wasting water. Sometimes Bo pian.

A quota is not feasible too. I think having regular water rationing exercises will help, or getting HDB and Pte developers to fit water saving taps for new projects.

As part of the smart nation initiative, we can even implement sensors and timers on taps such that they can't run for more than a set amount of time at each use.

• Praise 1

This is diesel v petrol thread, pls stick to the topic, thanks!

Can go to water thread to talk about water tax.

• Praise 11

Supercharged

Let me offer up this theory:

2017 - Announce VES in 2018, hit almost all cars with hefty increase, every father/mother/son bring forward car buying plans, COE demand stays healthy.

2019 - Announce adjustment in VES criterion, maybe move everything in by one band. Spur on another demographic to take the plunge, people are happy to take that little bit of discount now after the harsh 2018. COE demand stays healthy

2020 - Election

also coming in 2020: GPS ERP!!!  :a-happy:

Supercharged

This GPS ERP applies for the whole of SG or just driving into the city i.e as of now?

"During the transition period, motorists can expect no change to the current charging regimen.

After the transition phase, the LTA will look into phasing in distance-charging.

This could mean significantly higher ERP charges for road-users who clock high mileages,

such as taxi-drivers, deliverymen and bus operators.

Mr Chew said there was no timeline for the implementation of distance-charging."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ncs-mhi-to-build-islandwide-satellite-based-erp-for-556m

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

This GPS ERP applies for the whole of SG or just driving into the city i.e as of now?

Expect the worst. Any less, then it's our money face government being merciful. Edited by Mkl22

Don't worry, Singaporeans are like sponge, can absorb anything and everything one.

Not like balloon, where there's a limit and it will burst.

• Praise 1

Walauuu...now is like going into CBD/city only get charged.

Next time sending my kids to school on the outskirts also kena!! Siao Liao...

Real killer like that..

And I Guess they won't be any reduction in the other cost to compensate for this, I.e., road tax ect...,

Edited by Spidey10

It's not just about paying. It meant they can also track and know where your car is all the time.

Of course some will say who want to track u but still.....

Compensate us?

You must be joking .... We should already thank our lucky star if they don't take the opportunity to increase the taxes to fund that satellite ERP!

Walauuu...now is like going into CBD/city only get charged.

Next time sending my kids to school on the outskirts also kena!! Siao Liao...

Real killer like that..

And I Guess they won't be any reduction in the other cost to compensate for this, I.e., road tax ect...,

• Praise 2

Compensate us?

You must be joking .... We should already thank our lucky star if they don't take the opportunity to increase the taxes to fund that satellite ERP!

Yah Hor....silly to expect
↡ Advertisement