Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Diesel  engine can have very powerful model  also.

Look at all the trucks.  

But does the horses and bulls and their  equal have model that use diesel  engine?

If not why? 

Maintenance?  Smoke? Comfort? 

Don't think maintenance is not issue. Just that too new locally and this region of the world. If look at Europe, many still prefer diesel.

Power range is low compare to petrol. After 4k from max power already peak out already.

Personally I prefer a diesel engines but need to be 2L above. Those tiny 1.5L engine will be less smooth.

My last drive diesel is a rental X3 2.0D in Germany 2 yrs ago. Does not feel any less refinement. 

My boss is a supporter for diesel. Previously driving the BMW 216GT, this year change to 520d. Again the car does not feel any less refinement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Diesel got short RPM, while petrol got higher RPM. so for race track, petrol is definitely better.

another thing is the exos / engine sound.

dont forget, in their country, diesel is more expensive. so they justify by mileage, if you dont travel super high, the cost not really worth.

• Praise 4

The diesel on the Cayenne as well as the M50d for both X5 and X6 is relatively quite refine with good pull. With the 5 years warranty, can drive with a peace of mind.

Edited by Wolfverine
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Don't think maintenance is not issue. Just that too new locally and this region of the world. If look at Europe, many still prefer diesel.

Power range is low compare to petrol. After 4k from max power already peak out already.

Personally I prefer a diesel engines but need to be 2L above. Those tiny 1.5L engine will be less smooth.

My last drive diesel is a rental X3 2.0D in Germany 2 yrs ago. Does not feel any less refinement. 

My boss is a supporter for diesel. Previously driving the BMW 216GT, this year change to 520d. Again the car does not feel any less refinement.

I actually want to said dont think maintenance is not an issue.

• Haha! 1

Savings, Torque super shoik.
For parts and maintenance, MUST go join the specific brand diesel car chatgroups, then know where to get and how to solve common problems.
Lone ranger sure jialat.

But when want to sell the diesel car, then very painful. Mercedes Diesel still got price, other brands can offer close to surrender value. Same goes to uncommon brand cars, can really lose quite a far bit when changing car, 20k or more some times. More expensive and more uncommon and less people want, then more loss when changing car.
So fuel savings may just disappear when changing car.  
Buy and drive until then end, then lose less. 

my friends all go buy Forester and mod for better drive. 

• Praise 2

So with the NEW 2025 ruling of no new Diesel car registrations..is it still safe to buy a USED car in the meantime? And would the LTA allow for renewal of COE ?

(edited)
On 11/24/2020 at 9:10 PM, inlinesix said:

BMW, MINI discontinue production and sales of key diesel models in the UK due to drop in demand
https://paultan.org/2020/11/24/bmw-mini-discontinue-production-and-sales-of-key-diesel-models-in-the-uk-due-to-drop-in-demand/

gone are the days for AMDK love for Diesel car

cheaper and more powderful with insane high torque especially for small hatchback, sedan and even SUV ...  :D 

Edited by Wt_know

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

gone are the days for AMDK love for Diesel car

cheaper and more powderful with insane high torque especially for small hatchback, sedan and even SUV ...  :D 

EV has more torque.

Alpina still got an insanely high torque Diesel car.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

EV has more torque.

Alpina still got an insanely high torque Diesel car.

but SUV EV no cheap leh ... AMDK where got $$ .... LOL

and AMDK-land need to travel far in road trip ... must stop to re-charge is sibei sian .... :D 

when i look at their Diesel powderful car below $30K and some just $20K+ .... start drooling liao

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

but SUV EV no cheap leh ... AMDK where got $$ .... LOL

Electric SUV maybe a few k more ex than similar performance diesel.

Well diesel engine is proven beyond doubts. For longevity and reliability. 

EV on the other hand, still need to be evaluated.

• Praise 1

Still loving my 320D. The amount of torque and the amount of distance travelled in 1 tank of diesel is amazing. Not forgetting the price of diesel.

Current price of diesel after discount is $1.43/L

(edited)

Have to buy electricity cars laio

at home run one ac to dc charger to charge the car cheaper than petrol and petrol kiosk diesel 

Next time Govt people realise can tax petrol diesel cannot tax electricity :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Crumpler said:

Still loving my 320D. The amount of torque and the amount of distance travelled in 1 tank of diesel is amazing. Not forgetting the price of diesel.

Current price of diesel after discount is $1.43/L

320D is more powerful than 320i. good choice.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Have to buy electricity cars laio

at home run one ac to dc charger to charge the car cheaper than petrol and petrol kiosk diesel 

Next time Govt people realise can tax petrol diesel cannot tax electricity :XD:

you think so? 

wait ah gong raise home electricity price in the “pretext” go green … use less energy

burn candle for romantic dinner?

↡ Advertisement