Will u buy Diesel or Petrol Cars in SG

Darky8888

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

you think so? 

wait ah gong raise home electricity price in the “pretext” go green … use less energy

burn candle for romantic dinner?

Relax won’t one

ah gong now going for easy targets

ciggi, cars, house

the raise electricity wait kena everyone. They avoid 

the only thing they can do is tax the battery

but can only do these few years before the numbers get big

Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, Mustank said:

Have to buy electricity cars laio

at home run one ac to dc charger to charge the car cheaper than petrol and petrol kiosk diesel 

Next time Govt people realise can tax petrol diesel cannot tax electricity :XD:

You are so optimistic - they already slapped 700 extra road tax for electric cars. Nothing to stop them from slapping another 2k. 

Better get a plug-in hybrid. 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

You are so optimistic - they already slapped 700 extra road tax for electric cars. Nothing to stop them from slapping another 2k. 

Idea bro!! :XD:

15 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

$700 is for loss of petrol duty.

Nothing to stop them from slapping another duty on Petrol/Diesel cars.

Anyway, low mileage users (10k km) will definitely pay "more" road tax as compared to high mileage users.

17 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Hybrid is based on higher of Petrol or Electric.

💪 Musso 万岁!!!! 💪

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Goldenmillion said:

So with the NEW 2025 ruling of no new Diesel car registrations..is it still safe to buy a USED car in the meantime? And would the LTA allow for renewal of COE ?

COE renewal of existing diesel cars will be allowed beyond 2025.

So essentially, last chance to buy new diesel is 2025 and after that, diesel cars will be limited edition liao 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

I don't see any difference in Electric or Hybrid car, whichever comes first G will still impose tax this and that, we are in the hands of your LTA governance and tbh i don't like it since we don't have a choice. Diesel is no no as i see in another perspective, beside we are not living in 2nd/3rd world country. it will be a thing of the past deemed necessary for Lorry , truck & industrial usage.

On the contrary E & H car will do justice to our road transportation as we march towards 2030 and beyond, by then i'd be happy to say certainly will not be driving no more, likely on a bicycle or folding bike which will not be contributing to any taxes, only my leg power and health forsaken minds if I can sustain that level of fitness.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Dannnn said:

320D is more powerful than 320i. good choice.

sssshhhhh…..pls dun advertise lah….things are quiet now, don't make pple notice..just keep quiet and dun bring it up...

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I don't see any difference in Electric or Hybrid car, whichever comes first G will still impose tax this and that, we are in the hands of your LTA governance and tbh i don't like it since we don't have a choice. Diesel is no no as i see in another perspective, beside we are not living in 2nd/3rd world country. it will be a thing of the past deemed necessary for Lorry , truck & industrial usage.

On the contrary E & H car will do justice to our road transportation as we march towards 2030 and beyond, by then i'd be happy to say certainly will not be driving no more, likely on a bicycle or folding bike which will not be contributing to any taxes, only my leg power and health forsaken minds if I can sustain that level of fitness.

electric bike got license fees. only normal pedal bikes still free for now.. till they decide to implement mandatory insurance for cycling on the road or what not.

• Praise 1

@Mkl22 We Singaporeans will think out of the box, being creative is one thing, and being ignorance is another , we chose to be a Smart Nation, like it or not G is more than happy to shove down our throat . . .  say if we invest in a mid range to high end folding bike it can last awhile and more looking forward for semi-retirement watching sunset.[drivingcar]

@Spidey10 Diesel is always more exp than petrol equivalent .. OMV shows it too.

ultimately u pay more for it, unless your mileage is really high to break even...

21 hours ago, Wt_know said:

you think so? 

wait ah gong raise home electricity price in the “pretext” go green … use less energy

burn candle for romantic dinner?

It's worse than that. 

You try to get smart and install home solar panels, they will start taxing those. Or just ban them with some blatantly transparent bulls**t excuse like "satellites spoil the beautiful skyline" from the original late, hypocritical Ah Gong himself.

Basically when it comes to money matters, you cannot win here. They're very good at collecting whatever they think is due them. Mind you, they're not hotshot investors, they're more likely to lose big, but we Sinkies are a nice big collective blood filled animal for them to leech off. 😁

• Haha! 4

Where EP could suddenly chu badminton, there is nothing that would surprise me anymore. 

Me frying cold fried rice? Yes, it's meant to be fried again and again. And again... 

• Praise 2

I always rem how CNG car owner was screwed.

On other hand, I also want more ppl to move to EV.

If not, more nonsense charges will be imposed on ICE cars to make the switch.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I always rem how CNG car owner was screwed.

On other hand, I also want more ppl to move to EV.

If not, more nonsense charges will be imposed on ICE cars to make the switch.

Difficult when infra is not ready or feasible for mass EV

↡ Advertisement