Changing halogen to LED

Clementi123

Turbocharged

lately have been very pissed off to see more and more vehicles owners ILLEGALLY switch halogen bulb to LED bulb, including use of fog light which converted to LED as well..

will be on part time mission (whenever i am free to report) to capture the footage and submitting to authorities for review. 

as starter to owner vehicle KIA CERATO reg. number SJR2523G travelling toward Bukit Panjang Ring Road, unfortunately you are selected 1st as last night its really pissed me off already. 

photo captured 9/Jul/2019, time 800pm~830pm

attachicon.gif20190710_042025_733_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041840_266_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041918_366_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041843_566_rear.jpg

u can just submit the details to LTA, they will follow up. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

lately have been very pissed off to see more and more vehicles owners ILLEGALLY switch halogen bulb to LED bulb, including use of fog light which converted to LED as well..

will be on part time mission (whenever i am free to report) to capture the footage and submitting to authorities for review. 

as starter to owner vehicle KIA CERATO reg. number SJR2523G travelling toward Bukit Panjang Ring Road, unfortunately you are selected 1st as last night its really pissed me off already. 

photo captured 9/Jul/2019, time 800pm~830pm

attachicon.gif20190710_042025_733_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041840_266_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041918_366_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190710_041843_566_rear.jpg

possibility owner of SJR2523G or owner of similar light conversation spotted..

LOL either is a gal or a boy missing pair of ball already... 

welcome more Dislike the more motivation for more submission,.. 

post-135813-0-56598000-1562729222_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

I think the cerato is using HID lights. LEDs dont give out such high lumens. HIDs even at temp colour of 4200K (slight yellow colour) is also very bright. I think the owner is also using HIDs for the fog lights as well.

I have bought aftermarket LED headlight bulbs before. They will never give such glaringly bright blinding effect. Only slightly brighter than halogens. No matter how bright the packaging says about the LEDs it will be disappointingly not bright. LoL...

HIDs should only be used for headlights that come with projector housing and lens that focus the light beams to where it's intended. Those headlights which houses light scattering deflectors(like the cerato) are more suited for using LED or halogen bulbs.

sorry dont understand your message here?

(edited)

Retrofitted HID or LED on halogen projector will not glare as they have the cut off line similar to factory fitted HID/LED projector. Only if u retrofit HID/LED to reflector then is glaring.

I know because I am running retrofit LED in my projector low beam. The cut off line is no higher than the rear bumper.

Edited by Ceecookie

Led is very annoying. Keep flashing my eye from the car behind. Hope authority can do something about.

if it is illegal conversion just report to authorities to handle.

refer to link provided.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html

possibility owner of SJR2523G or owner of similar light conversation spotted..

LOL either is a gal or a boy missing pair of ball already...

welcome more Dislike the more motivation for more submission,..

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190710-104807_Chrome.jpg

interesting finding, it seem we spotted another user who are illegally modified the headlamp bulb as well, i believe his ball shrink liao...

wakakaka..

as I said Dislike welcome, consequences you bear

post-135813-0-60243100-1562773470_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Supersonic

LTA don't care one.

See how many illegal lights on the roads at night ? LTA all sleeping already.

My favourite are those stupid enough to put red lights in the front.

Hopefully, they are driving in reverse as well.

• Praise 1

if it is illegal conversion just report to authorities to handle.

refer to link provided.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html

interesting finding, it seem we spotted another user who are illegally modified the headlamp bulb as well, i believe his ball shrink liao...

wakakaka..

as I said Dislike welcome, consequences you bear

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190710-232547_Chrome.jpg

yeah .......... get a life  [nod]

• Praise 2

Retrofitted HID or LED on halogen projector will not glare as they have the cut off line similar to factory fitted HID/LED projector. Only if u retrofit HID/LED to reflector then is glaring.

I know because I am running retrofit LED in my projector low beam. The cut off line is no higher than the rear bumper.

sorry dont understand your message here?

What is a cut off line? On the projector or is it on the led bulb ?
  • Praise 1

(edited)

What is a cut off line? On the projector or is it on the led bulb ?

There is a mechanism inside projector headlight that block the light from going too high up. Reflector headlight lack this, hence the glare.

Below images will help to make it clearer what I mean  :a-m1212:

0170220145433.png?v=1487585897

XbUwm.jpg

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 3

There is a mechanism inside projector headlight that block the light from going too high up. Reflector headlight lack this, hence the glare.

Below images will help to make it clearer what I mean :a-m1212:

0170220145433.png?v=1487585897

XbUwm.jpg

technically understand.

however still not understand your message here...?

next police report to make

toyota Prius SMJ1357H

post-135813-0-00002900-1565624430.jpg

post-135813-0-01671400-1565624448.jpg

good luck.

i have another one honda city with very strong fog light LED. unfortunately the video have overwritten in my cam card. 

never mind will capture once have the opportunity again

• Dislike 1

next police report to make

toyota Prius SMJ1357H

attachicon.gif20190808_053511_734_rear.jpg

attachicon.gif20190808_053518_466_rear.jpg

good luck.

i have another one honda city with very strong fog light LED. unfortunately the video have overwritten in my cam card.

never mind will capture once have the opportunity again

Someone missing his ball again.

inconsiderate is inconsiderate, nothing in between.

please think about it for your own next generation.

thank you ft.or your motivation..

post-135813-0-97393600-1565653318_thumb.jpg

The selfish c*nts who festoon their cars with the brightest lights think they're being safe when they are actually dazzling other road users and obscuring everything else around said c*nts' cars. For their own benefit of being able to see "everything" they end up causing pedestrians or cyclicts/PMDers around them to be hidden in the shadows due to how bright their headlights are. I have personally encountered situations like this many times. The main culprits are the Honda City, Toyota Prius, CH-R. Most likely compensating for something. Dob them in, I say!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1