07 Honda stream steering wheel self centering issues

Cannotmakeit

My solution is stated above.

Many workshop dare not try cos they are not confident.

I bought the UJ for my car and asked the jb wkshop to change which took an hr.

Problem solved.

↡ Advertisement

Too reduce steering heavy feeling, increase the castor angle setting.

How to do it? N for cases wif slight diff in castor angle btw left n rite?

I do find the steering quite stiff/heavy, no sure if its normal for stream.

I need to use a bit more strength on controlling the steering as compared to driving other cars.

Any comments Stream & Jazz drivers?

on the topic above, happened to find this info -

http://m-power.lv/files_misc/E30%20m3%20repair%20manual/32_Steering/neutral_rack.htm

if u happen to replace your steering rack. it did happen to me when i realized steering is a lil funny when steering wheel straight. always felt steer prefer left veer when on level road but some bumps - once bump steer wheel prefer to move left. also right / u turn radius felt bigger than left.

lucky alignment ws willing to try out my suggestion. first try to turn steering more right but didn't help. then tried turn more left - end up ok n u turn also better. tried on even road w some bumps, road slope toward left drain n also right drain. veering along banking sloping toward both left n right. else steering remains straight.

on the topic above, happened to find this info -

http://m-power.lv/files_misc/E30%20m3%20repair%20manual/32_Steering/neutral_rack.htm

if u happen to replace your steering rack. it did happen to me when i realized steering is a lil funny when steering wheel straight. always felt steer prefer left veer when on level road but some bumps - once bump steer wheel prefer to move left. also right / u turn radius felt bigger than left.

lucky alignment ws willing to try out my suggestion. first try to turn steering more right but didn't help. then tried turn more left - end up ok n u turn also better. tried on even road w some bumps, road slope toward left drain n also right drain. veering along banking sloping toward both left n right. else steering remains straight.

update - my replaced steering rack is about 4-5 notches to left (u-turn almost reaching 1.5 turns; right turn > 1.5 turns + 20deg more), hence explained the veering despite perfect toe alignment. also found out another easier way to centre the rack (based on my limited mechanical comprehension) is to drive straight on paving blocks (those along hdb hub n your hdb block downstairs service road) n let steerin veer to "natural position". from there, loosen fully & remove the bolt securing universal joint betw steerin rack n steerin wheel shaft (mine happened to be located above / near brake pedal lever in footwell; those need to deactivate driver airbag i think need to use electronic equipment to deactivate). if don't remove fully bolt, universal coupling cannot be slid out of steerin wheel shaft splines. then put free-to-turn steering wheel to neutral position. refasten the u-coupling bolt. drive in this manner to alignment ws to put steering to neutral position (by then u see the front wheels turn to either side slightly) before alignment.

my appreciation to Autokinetic at Macpherson for their kind obligation & patience to align n re-align for at least 6x over 3 days without chargin extra n for previous steering rack repair ws oversight.

Hi Guys,

Sorry i know this is a old post, can't post a new one due to my newbie level. Need your kind advise. My workshop can't identify the source of the noise as the noise just come and go now and then.

Check out with Kah Motor and it would took me $250 just for diagnosis with no guarantee that they can address the noise issue.

I just bought a 2nd 2007 stream and during test drive, there were no problem. After a week, I am experiencing 3 different kinds of intermittent noises coming somewhere underneath my steering wheel.

1. Sounds like making signal lights but my signal lights are not on.

2. Sounds like radio interference noise. Switch off radio but still there.

3. Sound like board short circuiting..(see attached sound)

Appreciate if you guys had experience these similar noises before. Thanks in advanceCar Sound.mov

Hi Guys,

Sorry i know this is a old post, can't post a new one due to my newbie level. Need your kind advise. My workshop can't identify the source of the noise as the noise just come and go now and then.

Check out with Kah Motor and it would took me $250 just for diagnosis with no guarantee that they can address the noise issue.

I just bought a 2nd 2007 stream and during test drive, there were no problem. After a week, I am experiencing 3 different kinds of intermittent noises coming somewhere underneath my steering wheel.

1. Sounds like making signal lights but my signal lights are not on.

2. Sounds like radio interference noise. Switch off radio but still there.

3. Sound like board short circuiting..(see attached sound)

Appreciate if you guys had experience these similar noises before. Thanks in advanceattachicon.gifCar Sound.mov

Since it is only after 1 wk from you collect the car, have you bring back to the dealer about this issue? or have you check with other workshop other than KM? I think some workshop may not charge you (if you are regular) or charge you lesser for diagnosis

If you are travelling at high speed or accelerate hard and do a sudden and big enough turn on the steering, your steering will follow thru the turn without turning back.

I suspect this is what happen at lucky plaza, the driver accelerate after the u turn.

Just my view.

Let's see what is the outcome of the investigation

↡ Advertisement