Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

(edited)

How u get so cheap? I paid like $105 yesterday at 717 and I probably only got half your durian...

Jurong cheapskate place mah, and I cheapskate ppl, so cheapskate ppl go cheapskate place can get cheapskate price lah..... [laugh]

I paid $130 for the lot, my heart is pain until cannot cannot liao....where got cheap...  [:/]  [laugh]  [laugh]

sld be 717 ah lian higher grade lah, so cost more... ^_^

Edited by Tianmo

Hypersonic

How is this one compared to 717 at highland center? Just bought three durian from 717 at $20/kg last night.

Looking for better places around north area.

i assume 717 are those guaranteed good one, like the 818?. Means even if the durian is good, you just say don't like the taste and they will change for you type of service? Like that 717 is sure win.  

So I don't think the hougang can be better is that sense. But durian wise should be the same bah.  But when they have black gold, it good. Else to be safe, get from Ah Teck, the stall beside. Good honest guy, his durian always good stuff. but not cheap. 

Hypersonic

4pm wanted to make another kopi ah lian, but ended up eating the ah lian and drank the kopi instead... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Like FCW mentioned, don't waste good MSW on making kopi or roti, use the cheaper puree.

was wondering the Geylang Lorong 33 Durian good or not? :a-toast:

price seems attractive plus always many customers there [:p]

Not too bad i would say.. tried at least 5 times this season... out of 5 times, 1 total CMI (colour smell all swee swee, but totally no taste!)

- value for money

- got 2 cashier ah lian (1 malaysian, 1 vietnam) buy lewlian while chatting with ah lian not bad right?

wow got Boleh and Viet [gorgeous]:inlove:

thanks for your reply [thumbsup]

appreciate it very much :a-toast:

No worries, durian lovers ftw!

Just came back with WZW.. what they told me is MSW is higher grade compare to WZW.. but i dun care.. tried 1 and bought 3 for $50.. shiokpost-18186-0-11676700-1564580906_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

Just came back with WZW.. what they told me is MSW is higher grade compare to WZW.. but i dun care.. tried 1 and bought 3 for $50.. shiokattachicon.gif20190731_214748.jpg

looks very yummy...love the texture and colour  :a-toast:  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Just came back with WZW.. what they told me is MSW is higher grade compare to WZW.. but i dun care.. tried 1 and bought 3 for $50.. shiokattachicon.gif20190731_214748.jpg

I notice quite a number of durian stalls have been labelling the D101 as WZW for this season.  Not too long ago, it was the bigger (2.5kg and above), rugby shaped MSW that were getting labelled as WZW, this was to priced them higher than the smaller MSW. Taste like normal MSW, but you get higher yield of pods.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Seems like not tail end of the seaosn yet. At least according to this article, we still have until national day for more and cheaper MSW.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/trending/durian-singapore-mao-shan-wang-11764652

Johor winding down. Pahang still going strong till mid/end Aug. I think Penang also habis liao

wah… tempted to make a short trip to Pahang!

Turbocharged

I notice quite a number of durian stalls have been labelling the D101 as WZW for this season.  Not too long ago, it was the bigger (2.5kg and above), rugby shaped MSW that were getting labelled as WZW, this was to priced them higher than the smaller MSW. Taste like normal MSW, but you get higher yield of pods.

now a couple of enterprising durian stores in KL are also selling Black Gold and WZW durian [dizzy]

Hope this disease doesn't spread to Bentong/Raub

i assume 717 are those guaranteed good one, like the 818?. Means even if the durian is good, you just say don't like the taste and they will change for you type of service? Like that 717 is sure win.  

So I don't think the hougang can be better is that sense. But durian wise should be the same bah.  But when they have black gold, it good. Else to be safe, get from Ah Teck, the stall beside. Good honest guy, his durian always good stuff. but not cheap. 

717 got their own ah lian pastry and puree, so those customer rejects can all go there, they not worry one. The other ah beng stalls usually dont have such lobang, so they have to tell and sell every  ah lian they open...

Product wise I also think about the same. [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Like FCW mentioned, don't waste good MSW on making kopi or roti, use the cheaper puree.

Yah I tried already, still prefer to eat the ah lian on its own...

I dont mind trying D13 in the kopi tho... ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Bloody last night the 5 boxes, kept half, now all gone liao, my son hoot 40% of the remaining just now... :wacko:

Hypersonic

Friday going for yearly health check.

Don't dare to touch durian for 1 week+ already, scare cholesterol and sugar shoot up for blood and urine test.

Turbocharged

Friday going for yearly health check.

Don't dare to touch durian for 1 week+ already, scare cholesterol and sugar shoot up for blood and urine test.

durian doesn't contain cholesterol.

yes high sugar (carbs) and potassium

• Praise 1

Good honest tips from 99 old tree.  He also recommend to get even round shaped, or rugby shaped type for more tield of pods. Advise not to take too heavy durian, around 2kg will do.  My safe bet is around in between 1.6 to 2 kg.

Some of those video by other seller, usually say the odd shape has better taste, but in reality is they don't want too many customer to reject those odd shaped ones, else they sell to who if everybody don't want odd shape durian? I notice those ah beng seller  they will always select odd shape for you, especially when you getting from the cheaper pile, just so they can clear these unpopular odd shape one fast.

Also most seller tips usually say the big heavy ones are better (like WZW).  

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10