Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Hypersonic
6 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Yes, i was at the Beo Crescent outlet.

And yup, i did check out other fruits and also bought 2 tubes of Rockit Apples at $4.95 each. NTUC was selling at $5.45 each iirc.

20200626_220330_resize_21.jpg.a9d9d176cd0c2edbece8908da5185909.jpg.fd78a76b77d384fa332e72340d15370a.jpg

Quite a good range of fresh fruits. 

You are fortunate to be staying nearby. Eat eat eat 😋😂👍.

If got good lobang pls share. 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

SS selling $4.95 for a few weeks already

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah not bad the yield,  all these with 5 fruits,  total 11kg gross weight.  Gave one box to my brother took back for my dad,  the rest all gone already.  

My son just took out the last box from the fridge and said,  " I finish ah! "... next thing I know is tomorrow need to go back to ah beng to hoot some ah lian again in the afternoon... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think tomorrow go for the orh Kim MSW liao.... ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I just tried this D88 recently. When it's good, it's very good. But when t's bad, almost cannot weat one, very fibrous. BOught three boxes,  Enjoyed 2 boxes, and hated the last. Won't buy again, coz its like a gamble. No middle ground.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
33 minutes ago, Tohto said:

SS selling $4.95 for a few weeks already

That's good, nearer to home.

When i was there at LYP outlet on Wednesday, no see have.😂

Saw it at NTUC at $5.45 iirc. 

Grown to like this cos very sweet, crunchy and bite sized. But ex.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 5

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Thanks for sharing the expensive lobang. I called them and was told they are selling at $30/kg. Will buy some over the weekend to try. 

I think it is the same Ah Teck we are talking about. His durians are also from the family farms in MY.

Try their normal MSW first , if you find it worth the premium , call The next time to reserve their old tree durians which they charge another premium and see if there is any other durians stalls that can match their quality . 

enjoy ..

• Praise 2

Red prawn or D17 for me. XO almost extinct liao. 

MSW despite its high price tag, taste is not that fantastic. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Ender said:

I just tried this D88 recently. When it's good, it's very good. But when t's bad, almost cannot weat one, very fibrous. BOught three boxes,  Enjoyed 2 boxes, and hated the last. Won't buy again, coz its like a gamble. No middle ground.

wah, heng you tell me, being thinking of trying out this D88 from TDT for a while liao, but too lazy to drive there. Looks like can write off liao....[:p][laugh][laugh]

But this season I think is hit and miss, unlike last year hitting rate was quite high. My tekka also some good some so so only, not really worth the $18/kg price tag...<_<

KNN, this ah lian really is cannot start, I endure so long liao is boh daiji, once break it, now need to start searching for the better ones liao... 

Haiz, money go money go liao.....<_<-_-[laugh] 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Red prawn or D17 for me. XO almost extinct liao. 

MSW despite its high price tag, taste is not that fantastic. 

I also feel this year the quality not as good as past 2 years. 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

wah, heng you tell me, being thinking of trying out this D88 from TDT for a while liao, but too lazy to drive there. Looks like can write off liao....[:p][laugh][laugh]

But this season I think is hit and miss, unlike last year hitting rate was quite high. My tekka also some good some so so only, not really worth the $18/kg price tag...<_<

KNN, this ah lian really is cannot start, I endure so long liao is boh daiji, once break it, now need to start searching for the better ones liao... 

Haiz, money go money go liao.....<_<-_-[laugh] 

the thing abt tekka (apart from the difficulty in opening the blardy fruit) is that it is occasionally unevenly ripe. Need to eat at stall for best QC. I've had this issue at both johor and Bentong/Raub. Not sure if it's related to the size or the odd shape of tekka. Or it's just being tekka.

D88 usually quite mild. Not for those who like strong durian flavors.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Shibadog said:

the thing abt tekka (apart from the difficulty in opening the blardy fruit) is that it is occasionally unevenly ripe. Need to eat at stall for best QC. I've had this issue at both johor and Bentong/Raub. Not sure if it's related to the size or the odd shape of tekka. Or it's just being tekka.

D88 usually quite mild. Not for those who like strong durian flavors.

So it is cfm D88 can pass liao,  not for me... 

My issue with tekka is the good ones are so good that it get you hooked,  but really good ones don't come by often. 

The first time I had tekka was a real bloody good one,  and it made me went in search for it.  But it was disappointment after disappointment,  and always when I was about to give up,  a good one showed up.  I think so far I only had 4-5 times real good tekka,  the rest were mostly avg or below avg.  Those are no better than normal kampong ah lians. 

And so,  my love hate relationship with this tekka ah lian.  <_<[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Gave up on 莲花村, so went over to The Durian Tree,  before going over to clementi to pick up satays.  

5.30pm and the queue was already building up,  and just nice MY lorry came.  Had wanted to get MSW, but the D24 looks so good no buy police will catch. So  ended up with 5kg of D24 and 5kg of MSW.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

KNN,  another close to 200 bucks gone. Luckily,  these round all good,  at least a lot better than the tekka yesterday...  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

rps20200703_203645.jpg.a6cc489a75f4eca9a1d6ed71bea20617.jpg

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

Gave up on 莲花村, so went over to The Durian Tree,  before going over to clementi to pick up satays.  

5.30pm and the queue was already building up,  and just nice MY lorry came.  Had wanted to get MSW, but the D24 looks so good no buy police will catch. So  ended up with 5kg of D24 and 5kg of MSW.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

KNN,  another close to 200 bucks gone. Luckily,  these round all good,  at least a lot better than the tekka yesterday...  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

rps20200703_203645.jpg.a6cc489a75f4eca9a1d6ed71bea20617.jpg

TM is best, always sharing.

I have been whacking pahang D24 and XO, it has been very good so far, not one lo ko D24. Going to cut back on MSW and focus on the cheaper and good value XO D24 till end of this month.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
24 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

TM is best, always sharing.

I have been whacking pahang D24 and XO, it has been very good so far, not one lo ko D24. Going to cut back on MSW and focus on the cheaper and good value XO D24 till end of this month.

Yah man, the XOD24 I just bought from TDT is indeed very good.  Even all my kids say like it more than the more costly MSW.  

Yield to yield,  I think msw wins, due to it's small seeds and thick meat. However the huge difference in price would likely make D24 a better buy when they are this good...  

because of late dinner and the 100 sticks of satay,  we only manage to finish half.  The other half goes into the fridge,  but I know it won't see sun rise on Sunday morning... 

Looks like another ah lian run on Monday evening,  and XOD24 it shall be... 

KNN,  really money no enough liao...  <_<[laugh][laugh] 

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Mayb just now the lighting not very good,  this picture mayb the color clearer.  

Left over going to cold room... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Screenshot_2020-07-03-22-24-07-57.thumb.jpg.01fda41c23a7996e58f68962d2e293c9.jpg

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 7/3/2020 at 8:26 AM, RH1667 said:

I also feel this year the quality not as good as past 2 years. 

Like some bros said, too much rain?

Last year April , May and June is very dry.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Price from NTUC Fairprice. 

I would still prefer to buy from Durian stall directly. 

IMG_20200704_113730.jpg

Edited by Credor
  • Praise 7

(edited)

Red prawn and mediocre taste. Disapointed. 

Bought 4 boxes some more.... Shake head

IMG_20200704_170038.jpg

Edited by Hamburger
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 6