Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

Twincharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Even after you whatsapped to reserve, still have to queue up for one hour?

You still have to join the Q ( only one Q for walk-in and reservation ).. just that they already keep your  lu Lian at one corner.

if you don’t mind getting it late, can go after 8.30pm where Q should be shorter by then.

Edited by Credor
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic
13 minutes ago, Credor said:

You still have to join the Q ( only one Q for walk-in and reservation ).. just that they already keep your  lu Lian at one corner.

if you don’t mind getting it late, can go after 8.30pm where Q should be shorter by then.

Thanks bro.

Seems like they split the group now.

D0FBA9D2-4A27-4B22-8824-130DC2D661C5.png

• Praise 5

durian-durian-everywhere.jpg

How to tahan? :D:D

v4vVjNG.jpg

muKky7V.jpg

Bought these 2 Pahang MSW at Blk 443 Pasir Ris. $15/kg, medium thin husk, jiu ji, super meaty, strong after taste, the yield is easily 40% judging by the pod size vs seed size (for the larger fruit). [thumbsup]

azAT4B6.jpg

• Praise 16
  • Haha! 2

Twincharged
10 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Thanks bro.

Seems like they split the group now.

That will be 👍🏻 

20 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Seems all open mouth already. Furthermore, price from a direct seller also not cheap. 

I have been buying in bulk from Pahang. Standard practice to use rubber bands to tie the durians, does not mean tie is open mouth already.

If buy in bulk, that is nothing compare to other worries. You pay less for better quality, but there is no guarantee on quality though most of the time they are good. The plantation owners also not going to replace unless the durians really bad like rotten or got worm, which I finally encountered few days ago. These type they will replace but watery type no luck, which more common near season closing. And Pahang standard for MSW is grade A and B only, difference in size of 1.5kg. From my experience, no point paying more for grade A as taste wise both are the same, only bigger or smaller seeds. And bigger durians got higher chance to be bad while smaller durians generally mostly ok.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Look at the price, doesn’t seem to be Black Thorn.

Black Thorn about RM100/kg

Heard KL lelong price. 

Supersonic
(edited)
4 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Went today. Crazy queue… what happen?? Last season is not like that. Did not even buy

CB for  for 2 years , no overseas tour, no Christmas and CNY shopping , no big scale restaurant dinning sessions, imagine  just 5% of those saving goes into Durian , it is a big business. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

CB for  for 2 years , no overseas tour, no Christmas and CNY shopping , no big scale restaurant dinning sessions, imagine  just 5% of those saving goes into Durian , it is a big business. 

Sheeeesh.......🤫😁

Supersonic
(edited)
On 7/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, mersaylee said:

I was there this morning...too early I think...at 8am 😅

Did you go there today? I took a second look at the $15 MSW today, not real, thorns are  long and sharp, too close to one another. The $23 black thorns look more genuine.  You can skip their $15 MSW, don't waste time. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Did you go there today? I took a second look at the $15 MSW today, not real, thorns are  long and sharp, too close to one another. The $23 black thorns look more genuine.  You can skip their $15 MSW, don't waste time. 

No go...maybe tomorrow or go Pasir Ris where Carbon82 just shared instead 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

durian-durian-everywhere.jpg

How to tahan? :D:D

v4vVjNG.jpg

muKky7V.jpg

Bought these 2 Pahang MSW at Blk 443 Pasir Ris. $15/kg, medium thin husk, jiu ji, super meaty, strong after taste, the yield is easily 40% judging by the pod size vs seed size (for the larger fruit). [thumbsup]

azAT4B6.jpg

Nice, no crazy queue right? Durian arrive what time? Evening 5-6?

my regular shop is 227 Katong Durian. Consistent quality so far. Plus point is they use machine to seal wrap, so wun have smell in car

• Praise 5

Hypersonic
37 minutes ago, Othello said:

my regular shop is 227 Katong Durian. Consistent quality so far. Plus point is they use machine to seal wrap, so wun have smell in car

Ah loon.

Good but always more ex than others bro.

4 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Ah loon.

Good but always more ex than others bro.

i dun eat often. Season come, I usually buy once nia. So ok lah. haha. Yesterday buy at noon time still got Q

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
4 hours ago, Othello said:

What I don't like there is parking.

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Park at Esso for a while and walk there. 😁

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

true ! Must go at off peak timing. Yesterday I waited in the car while my wife went to tabao. Want to illegal park also no "lot" !! hahaha

24 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Park at Esso for a while and walk there. 😁

[smash]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3