Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

On 7/29/2021 at 8:27 AM, Tianmo said:

Looks like johor harvest coming to am end, and Pahang D24 coming our way. 

My son is a D24 boy,  always request for it, MSW only take  1-2 pods,  sometimes skip all together.  After my free MSW this weekend,  next week is D24 time liao.....  ^_^[laugh][laugh]

I already whacked 3 rounds of D24XO and yes, quality has stabilized. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
37 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Ah lian ah lian MSW ah lian..... 

Bestest ah lian I ever eaten........because free one always taste great!!!!!  [:p][laugh][laugh]

IMG20210731120256.thumb.jpg.86bfe2deac2e856cfa0300b28bb20a04.jpg

IMG20210731160833.thumb.jpg.334aa23b3bc3a7510609d94d54e0bf51.jpg

Vvip customer.... Mai siao siao :D

• Haha! 6

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Free durian from citibank...

@Tianmois the real BOSS here,  don't play play...

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Free durian from citibank...

Yah,  used to have it at ritz carlton every year ard Aug,  but since last year because of covid they deliver instead.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Hamburger said:

Wah.... I citibank do long never give me. See me down down... 

Ah ham ah ham relac relac,  these one all left over nobody want one then give to me..... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I already whacked 3 rounds of D24XO and yes, quality has stabilized. 

OK,  next week i start my D24 run....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

35 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

OK,  next week i start my D24 run....  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

This week the price of Pahang MSW is very cheap due to MCO at Raub/ Bentong area and generally weaker demand in SG, MSW’s retail price dropped by around $2/kg I heard  but D24XO still the same at $9-10/kg. I am 100% on MSW this week and maybe next. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

This week the price of Pahang MSW is very cheap due to MCO at Raub/ Bentong area and generally weaker demand in SG, MSW’s retail price dropped by around $2/kg I heard  but D24XO still the same at $9-10/kg. I am 100% on MSW this week and maybe next. 

Its not so much the different in price,  just that my son prefer D24.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Its not so much the different in price,  just that my son prefer D24.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

D24 seed always very big, ratio of flesh compare with msw a lot lesser. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
On 7/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, Brass said:

My salary never increase by 100% but durian increase by 100% 😭😭😭 

From $1 to $2. (Note the one directly above the knife is a $5 durian. (BP ring road again)

IMG_20210728_224522.thumb.jpg.6c980d9fc7350c0903728682f1dfbd0c.jpg

The $5 durian is a red prawn alongside with the one at the top with greyish shell ($2). Quite decent but not as nice as the $2 one I bought before this. The rest of them are D13s

IMG_20210728_231100.thumb.jpg.ac93092970713ee53a1f358da99debf7.jpg

Of all the durians, this was relatively big at 650g but the main reason nobody wanted to buy it is because it's quite 'slim' but I bought it because it is ripened to perfection (which I was right- q rich in taste and it had small seeds afterall)

IMG_20210728_231531.thumb.jpg.0473b2c4ef6c00af77638e38f0d0590e.jpgIMG_20210728_231911.thumb.jpg.e734f8c1c6885c3176ff967a20f2b9bb.jpgI call this particular durian 'Rosmah' 🌚 alluding to its fat pods and it's damn thick and rich taste, even blowing the red prawns out of the water, alongside a decently sized seed. But it's $2 a single pop 😭

PS1: I suspect Johor durian is running out, i.e. cheap durian running out and D24 sucks because many are unripe or half ripe, especially those 1 for $10 and below.

PS2: If you want shrunken seeds for D13, take odd sized D13. Somehow odd sized durians taste better than regular shapes 🤷‍♂

Actually these out of shaped durian are ery nice.  But the down side is not enough to eat.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Actually these out of shaped durian are ery nice.  But the down side is not enough to eat.

Buy more durians

Problem solved 😜

(some guy in front of me got 30+ durians while I bought only 5 of them)

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Ender said:

Usually more intense and gao as very few seeds per durian, all the nutrients go to that 2-3 seeds but super low yield.

Now I am buying mostly premium B MSW of around 1-1.2kg with more regular shape. I think it is a good compromise, lower yield than A but better quality. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 6

(edited)
3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I also like D24 but good quality ones can be hard to find. Lots of hit and miss. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 5

Bought some durians over the weekend from 2 sellers on Qoo10.

SengKang 19 - BG , D13 & Red Prawn. Good. Came vacuum packed. 

Qi Fruit LLP - Pahang MSW, D24 XO & Butter Sweet. First time trying Butter Sweet, at first it was "weird". Prob first time having such a taste. But ok to me. My wife and son says bland though (comparing to MSW of cos) . Overall good too. Nt vacuum packed though. 

Must be the supply glut. All decent quality. Happy man 😁

• Praise 9

On 8/1/2021 at 12:55 AM, Voodooman said:

I also like D24 but good quality ones can be hard to find. Lots of hit and miss. 

Always felt before the appear of msw, D24 is always the king of durian to go for in the 90s..

All very good, bitter and thick flesh.

Nowadays D24 quality mostly only so so...

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Always felt before the appear of msw, D24 is always the king of durian to go for in the 90s..

All very good, bitter and thick flesh.

Nowadays D24 quality mostly only so so...

Same thinking. Now most D24 are so so. Last time before MSW came to the scene, love D24 to the max..

• Praise 8