Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

(edited)

Last tub liao...tomorrow must try harder...

Today combed HG village...at least 7 stalls selling but all boh lang except for the one Tohto went for...long queue becos the staff was too chatty...plenty of durians...2 queues for wrapping service...

Queue at the stall outside the famed Tong Aik Huat lottery outlet started to build up when I gone back to get me car...they have wider spread of offerings...red prawn, black thorn, xo...old tree, new tree, Christmas tree...😁

IMG_20220617_210341.jpg

IMG_20220617_211301.jpg

Edited by mersaylee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

The one at Tampines that PSP415 sis recommended is good. Their MSW is $12/kg and RP is $9/kg.

I went there late afternoon, no queue.

• Praise 4

20 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

long queue liao still need to do 直播 to promote [laugh]

20220617_205303_compress96.jpg

I tink it's a PA that if ownself pick ah lian no guarantee...😁

Next time go Gayland better don't self pick...😂

1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

Sorry.  I hate durians but I want to ask. Why do people like "bitter" durians? I know I hate bitter gourd.....

Alcoholic taste.

• Shocked 1

23 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Sorry.  I hate durians but I want to ask. Why do people like "bitter" durians? I know I hate bitter gourd.....

Lust time only bitter, very bitter, sweet, very sweet ah lians...now have the new breed of bitter first then sweet, very bitter first then very sweet...all from one pulp...my kids disliked ah lian when they were young...converts now...😁

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Lust time only bitter, very bitter, sweet, very sweet ah lians...now have the new breed of bitter first then sweet, very bitter first then very sweet...all from one pulp...my kids disliked ah lian when they were young...converts now...😁

You force fed them?

Or the whole night while they were sleeping, you keep dangling durian meat in front of their nose so subconsciously they will start to like it? 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Fcw75 said:

You force fed them?

Or the whole night while they were sleeping, you keep dangling durian meat in front of their nose so subconsciously they will start to like it? 😁

No lah...I'd prefer they still don't like at all...now must upsize my purchases otherwise wife will kpkb not enuf...😂

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

i hate bitter gourd too. As well as brussels sprouts.

there's bitter, and there's bitter. 

honestly very rare to get a completely bitter durian as there's usually a high % of sugar in durian, even though it's classified as a bitter durian type.

and it's often a very complex mix of different tastes in a durian. 

try it for yourself 😁

• Praise 4

14 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

The one at Tampines that PSP415 sis recommended is good. Their MSW is $12/kg and RP is $9/kg.

I went there late afternoon, no queue.

Going there later to check out . Buy buy buy!!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

Its like asking junkies why they are so addicted to drugs.

Its simply the pleasure that no sweet durian could offer.

Its that simple.

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 5

Bitter durians taste fantastic and you won't feel bored or "jelah". You must eat  it to know how it feels.

• Praise 8
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

23 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

i hate bitter gourd too. As well as brussels sprouts.

there's bitter, and there's bitter. 

honestly very rare to get a completely bitter durian as there's usually a high % of sugar in durian, even though it's classified as a bitter durian type.

and it's often a very complex mix of different tastes in a durian. 

try it for yourself 😁

Hahaha, I am just the opposite. I like both. For bitter guard, the more bitter, the merrier.

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
22 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Going there later to check out . Buy buy buy!!

Hoot ah! Nearer to you.

Yesterday the lorry came at 5pm.

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Philipkee said:

bitter, gassy, sweet.... 有层次感 [laugh]

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

Hahaha, I am just the opposite. I like both. For bitter guard, the more bitter, the merrier.

My family all love bitter gourd, even my daughters since they were kids. Bitter gourd fried with egg, fish head, bitter gourd pork ribs soup.

All good. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7