Durian Sellers - recommendations and to avoid

Aukang

For those who likes to buy durian from the Yishun chong pang market in front of the coffee shop near the famous 7-11...

Do be careful...

Yesterday had an incident, when someone bought 4 durian ( those $5 a durian kind) and ask for putting into boxes, but they were distracted by the $3 for 2 kg mangosteen and did not monitor the hawker ...

The employee quickly unpacked 3 durian instead of 4 into the packet and gave to the women....

But the women complain that how come 4 big durian only can fill 3 boxes...but just quietly paid up...

Most of the passer-by who saw this also keep quiet as do not want trouble...

So watch out for these dishonest hawker....

I really do not understand what is the point of cheating when there are mountains of durian unsold....but its very important to be viligant unless you want to be short changed....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For those who likes to buy durian from the Yishun chong pang market in front of the coffee shop near the famous 7-11...

Do be careful...

Yesterday had an incident, when someone bought 4 durian ( those $5 a durian kind) and ask for putting into boxes, but they were distracted by the $3 for 2 kg mangosteen and did not monitor the hawker ...

The employee quickly unpacked 3 durian instead of 4 into the packet and gave to the women....

But the women complain that how come 4 big durian only can fill 3 boxes...but just quietly paid up...

I really do not understand what is the point of cheating when there are mountains of durian unsold....but its very important to be viligant unless you want to be short changed....

Back to the same stall...

Indeed this stall is a black nasty cheat...

Last week I wanted to buy some MSW and this friendly malaysia chinese open for me a big heavy brown durian that looks very similar to MSW

My and my wife saw the fresh was bright yellow and small seeds , but the taste was very bland...totally not like MSW,

The seller insist it is MSW.... and opened another one......which tasted just as bland...he pressure us saying sweet MSW is taste like this one..

Bull s--t man, MSW taste is damn thick,sweet and heavenly not like this lousy taste. He keep putting pressure on us but we were firm and told him that we will not pay $$ for this kinda standard of MSW....

he start to give me the black black face.....

Then suddenly I check the bottle of the fruit and shouted " Hey where is the star ?? How come this MSW so small star one!!!"

After which he also shocked and muttle ...."eh...this star already very big you cannot see meh"

I shouted again..." No lah..MSW star very big one...how come your star so small...wah lau eh!!!"

Immediately, people start to crowd aroung to look see what's going on... then sensing that he got problem he quickly open up 3 real MSW and move on to do other things...

After I got home i did my research and realise that thie bloody assehole wanted to sell me the fake MSW called tawa which sells for $6/kg at MSW price of $15/kg

TMD!!!!!

People please avoid this chong pang stall at all cost....real cheaters!!!

Lucky never ganna chop...he took the 2 biggest Tawa that weight almost 6kg ($36) and wanted to sell it to me at $90...wah lau...really despicable man!!

Please all see the photo below

IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

fake MSW also known as TAWA..cost only $6/kg

Durians2%20collage%20MSW.jpg

real MSW = $15/kg

• Praise 1

Any recommended shop at jurong west?

You can try Mr.Kho at Bukit Batok, Blk 164 Bukit Batok St 64 but I think season ending liow... Even Bentong durian also running out..

Do be careful...

Yep bro...I also kena once. Went with my wife to get some durians at geylang. We decided to go to another stall instead of the usual one becos the usual stall not been selling t tastier ones.

We bought 6 durians and got distracted when we bought other fruits.

When we returned home, we realise that the durian in the boxes were a lot lesser than we bought...

Damn sian...now we go to the hougang one. We normally call first and he will inform us if the stock is good or not. If no good, he will advise us when to call again.

Durian season is back!

I just bought top quality Mao Shan Wang at $15/kg.

Stall is beside the Holland Village XO fishhead bee hoon.

Located near Dover MRT, beside the main road, along MRT track. Between Buena Vista MRT and Dover MRT. Only 1 stall there. You can't miss it! They have very few durians, but its all top quality.

I stay in the AMK area though. Any recommendation in the North?

• Praise 1

Every durian stall a good durian stall.

15852045_46.JPG?itok=Kft4uIjV

Pushpani says: If all durian stalls are good, I will believe only when the ministers send their drivers to buy from the neighbourhood stalls instead of the branded stalls. [:p]

Durian season is back!

I just bought top quality Mao Shan Wang at $15/kg.

Stall is beside the Holland Village XO fishhead bee hoon.

Located near Dover MRT, beside the main road, along MRT track. Between Buena Vista MRT and Dover MRT. Only 1 stall there. You can't miss it! They have very few durians, but its all top quality.

I stay in the AMK area though. Any recommendation in the North?

not too far from Ah Seng, the famous durian seller at Ghim Moh market.

have you checked out the stall at blk 631 in AMK? else you may want to check out Combat and Sindy at Balestier Road.

• Praise 1

not too far from Ah Seng, the famous durian seller at Ghim Moh market.

have you checked out the stall at blk 631 in AMK? else you may want to check out Combat and Sindy at Balestier Road.

Can try 163, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4.............just outside That's it Hair Saloon and a Optical shop. They were here only during Durian Season. They should be here soon.........

• Praise 1

(edited)

Sembawang Durian Seng @ 12 Jalan Tampang

first time I patronize this store.... Went this evening and brought 3 fruits - all bitter sweet + creamy and sizes of all the seeds are between the size of our new 20 cents to new 50 cents. Cost was $18/kg for the grade I'd chosen. Had his name card which said buy 3 get 1 free and buy 5 get 2 free. On card also stated "Please bring along this card entitle 10% discount". Most important which I feel must share here is the seller had a board stating is giving away free durian on every 11 July which he also told me verbally - his birthday on this day. Free durian is until 7+pm so for those durian lover staying in Sembawang or nearby, no harm paying this store a visit on this day.

..... But then, I don't think the free durian is entirely free unless one buy some from him.

His card here.... (OK have no relation with the seller or trying to promote for him. just wanna share the free give away date + hopefully whoever show him a copy of his name card also get the additional 10%)

post-65053-0-40341600-1403276360.jpg

Edited by Stevle
  • Praise 2

first time I patronize this store.... Went this evening and brought 3 fruits - all bitter sweet + creamy and sizes of all the seeds are between the size of our new 20 cents to new 50 cents. Cost was $18/kg for the grade I'd chosen. Had his name card which said buy 3 get 1 free and buy 5 get 2 free. On card also stated "Please bring along this card entitle 10% discount". Most important which I feel must share here is the seller had a board stating is giving away free durian on every 11 July which he also told me verbally - his birthday on this day. Free durian is until 7+pm so for those durian lover staying in Sembawang or nearby, no harm paying this store a visit on this day.

..... But then, I don't think the free durian is entirely free unless one buy some from him.

His card here.... (OK have no relation with the seller or trying to promote for him. just wanna share the free give away date + hopefully whoever show him a copy of his name card also get the additional 10%)

I think Sembawang Durian Seng has very good quality of durian selection.

There was once i purchased "Black Pearl" ("Hei Zhen Zhu").. WAH!!! Fantastic man, creamy and flavorful.... [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Passed by Balestier Combat Durian yesterday, the MSW priced at $18 per kg. So expensive. Will wait for price to drop to $12.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1