Jbee petrol pt2

Ronleo

Maybank Friends and Family card and CIMB cards get rebates for Malaysian petrol and groceries.

you mean credit cards of Maybank and CIMB can pay for petrol by just swiping on the petrol kiosk stands (Shell, Esso, Petronas etc.) ?

Of course can... I have been using it...

That being said.... all credit cards or debit cards can swipe at the pump. [;)]

Just follow the onscreen prompts and make sure u insert it correct side.

Edited by Ruzmidah
  • Praise 1

oh! forgive me being goondu for so many years, I hardly pump in jb...

all along, I always tot dat only the local petrol cards can be swiped on the petrol stands (I always pay by cash) for payments.

I saw someone swiped, followed by keying the pin codes???

but our normal credit cards (or the Maybank & CIMB) do not c.w pin codes, right?

Turbocharged

Any regulars who go JB coming back to woodlands causeway go by this route? Knn, the flickering lights at the bridge been at it for months!!! Feel like dancing disco strobe while driving thru. :a-happy:

post-4330-0-19211000-1440660651_thumb.jpg

Any regulars who go JB coming back to woodlands causeway go by this route? Knn, the flickering lights at the bridge been at it for months!!! Feel like dancing disco strobe while driving thru. :a-happy:

Oh...I always thinking they want to follow our ERP gantry light

when pass thru..... instead of beep sound, the light flashing each time when car pass thru [bounce2][laugh]

Hahaha...... and I thought I was the only one who noticed it. Everytime for many many months liao the lights keep flickering... Ask Najib to use part of his personal 2.6 Billion donation to fix it la... light bulbs don't cost much anyway, at least to him.....

What did you expect.... at least the light bulb is half working rather than switched off.

• Praise 1

all along, I always tot dat only the local petrol cards can be swiped on the petrol stands (I always pay by cash) for payments.
but our normal credit cards (or the Maybank & CIMB) do not c.w pin codes, right?

Maybe not pin codes. I think those people key in the pre-set amount of petrol to pump, so the pump will auto-stop once the pre-set amount was dispensed.

• Praise 1

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/several-major-roads-johor-closed-132920468.html

Several major roads in Johor will be closed for Medeka

By Halim Said | New Straits Times – 2 hours 18 minutes ago

JOHOR BARU: Several major roads in the city will be closed in stages for three days beginning Saturday for the state-level Merdeka Day 2015 full dress rehearsal and celebration at Dataran Bandaraya.

Johor Baru Selatan district police chief Assistant Commissioner Sulaiman Salleh said the roads would be closed from 6.30am.

The affected roads include Jalan Skudai heading to the city centre, the intersection at Jalan Thompson, Jalan Sungai Chat from Thistle hotel traffic lights, Jalan Lingkaran Dalam to Jalan Sungai Chat, and along Jalan Tun Sri Lanang/ Jalan Air Molek (Lot 1) traffic lights intersection.

Sulaiman said motorists are advised to use alternatives routes to get into the city centre such as Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Lingkaran Dalam.

"Parking for parade participants are at the roadside along Jalan Skudai from Pantai Lido to Danga Bay, along Jalan Sungai Chat towards Jalan Mawar and around the Pusat Islam and Masjid Sultan Abu Bakar parking areas.

Sulaiman said the temporary road closures will last until the celebration programmes end. The road would be re-opened in stage beginning 11.30am in those three days.

He added around 112 contingents from various government and non-governmental agencies as well as students from various schools will be involved in the parade which is slated to begin at 7am on Aug 31.

Sulaiman said more than 6,000 parade participants will convene at the Dataran Bandaraya for the celebration.

"There will be 209 police personnel on the ground during the Merdeka Day rehearsal and celebration including traffic police to ensure the event goes smoothly," he said.

There will also be a motorcade show during the parade and fireworks display right after the Merdeka Day countdown.

This year, Johor Baru has been chosen to host the state level celebration. The main venue will be at Dataran Bandaraya.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin will be among the state's leaders who will join the thousands of people at the celebration.

• Praise 3

Hahaha...... and I thought I was the only one who noticed it. Everytime for many many months liao the lights keep flickering... Ask Najib to use part of his personal 2.6 Billion donation to fix it la... light bulbs don't cost much anyway, at least to him.....

use his own donation to fix public stuff?

wait his wife hantum him then u know [smash][smash][smash]

Thank you for sharing such info Bro which should be useful to those who intended to make a trip to JB this weekend. IMO, 'tis best to skip during such periods which traffic jam can suck out the joy of visiting such places for whatever reasons.

Have a great weekend folks! [sunny]

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/several-major-roads-johor-closed-132920468.html

Several major roads in Johor will be closed for Medeka

By Halim Said | New Straits Times – 2 hours 18 minutes ago

JOHOR BARU: Several major roads in the city will be closed in stages for three days beginning Saturday for the state-level Merdeka Day 2015 full dress rehearsal and celebration at Dataran Bandaraya.

Johor Baru Selatan district police chief Assistant Commissioner Sulaiman Salleh said the roads would be closed from 6.30am.

The affected roads include Jalan Skudai heading to the city centre, the intersection at Jalan Thompson, Jalan Sungai Chat from Thistle hotel traffic lights, Jalan Lingkaran Dalam to Jalan Sungai Chat, and along Jalan Tun Sri Lanang/ Jalan Air Molek (Lot 1) traffic lights intersection.

Sulaiman said motorists are advised to use alternatives routes to get into the city centre such as Jalan Tun Razak and Jalan Lingkaran Dalam.

"Parking for parade participants are at the roadside along Jalan Skudai from Pantai Lido to Danga Bay, along Jalan Sungai Chat towards Jalan Mawar and around the Pusat Islam and Masjid Sultan Abu Bakar parking areas.

Sulaiman said the temporary road closures will last until the celebration programmes end. The road would be re-opened in stage beginning 11.30am in those three days.

He added around 112 contingents from various government and non-governmental agencies as well as students from various schools will be involved in the parade which is slated to begin at 7am on Aug 31.

Sulaiman said more than 6,000 parade participants will convene at the Dataran Bandaraya for the celebration.

"There will be 209 police personnel on the ground during the Merdeka Day rehearsal and celebration including traffic police to ensure the event goes smoothly," he said.

There will also be a motorcade show during the parade and fireworks display right after the Merdeka Day countdown.

This year, Johor Baru has been chosen to host the state level celebration. The main venue will be at Dataran Bandaraya.

Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin will be among the state's leaders who will join the thousands of people at the celebration.

Edited by Neutralsg

Thank you for sharing such info Bro which should be useful to those who intended to make a trip to JB this weekend. IMO, 'tis best to skip during such periods which traffic jam can suck out the joy of visiting such places for whatever reasons.

Have a great weekend folks! [sunny]

Comrades are advise to stay away or avoid Malaysia during the current political turmoil, most sensitive city would be KL City and Putrajaya municipal buildings.

The current B-4 gatherings in the 3 federal states and around the world cities is real patriotic movement participations and might be dangerous with chaos due the fact of the top leaders power gripping, cruel force are expected like previous 4th.June 1989 Tian An Men gruesome crack down.

I am pessimistic about any possibility of peaceful ending, worrying and expecting it might lead to bloodshed struggle between the authority and the peoples on the street.

Drive save and have a nice weekend [drivingcar][:)]

• Praise 3

Can pay by credit card.... just slot it into the machine at each pump, no need any PIN. Sometimes it throws an error (their credit card system can be down / rosak sometimes, not 100% reliable).

But do enable your card for overseas usage before you go try in JB.

Those who press the buttons upon putting in the card should be their staff...the customer is paying in cash but these staffs are there to help and earn some small tips....

Is there a 20rm charge gng in ??

Not in place as yet. There seems to be a number of issues with the online registration. Heard that the JPJ (LTA equivalent) may postpone the start date.....

Some changes to our SG side this morning. Custom did their checks before immigration instead of the usual after immigration at the secondary area. Also in operation were the new automated vehicle barrier. Now have 2 barriers at the immigration booth. This is to prevent tailgating incident. All thanks to the recent intrusions, now waiting time and traffic have slightly increased :pissed-off: