Jbee petrol pt2

Ronleo

guys, one of my customer told me, he said in Tuas now they are testing some kind of machine that can detect whether your car got enough oil or not..anyone ever heard of this? He told me he saw it on facebook. Anyone knows or heard about this?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

guys, one of my customer told me, he said in Tuas now they are testing some kind of machine that can detect whether your car got enough oil or not..anyone ever heard of this? He told me he saw it on facebook. Anyone knows or heard about this?

Debunked. It is the automated clearance machine that they r testing.

that machine is for automated clearance. driver will hv to scan the passport, n driver n passengers will also need to do thumbprint. hence why those 2 machines seems big. scanner for passport n thumbprint.

if this is true...expect huge jams when it is implemented.

This is at Tuas. If u look at the woodland one, it does not have the so call big box on the left of photo (the immigration booth is still there).

N to those who say it is fuel check, this is at the arrival section (coming into Singapore).

if true, 30 cars per hour is very slow..... 1 day 1 lane only clear max 720 cars, assume 10 lanes and fully occupied for 24 hours, only 7200 cars a day. 2 checkpoint = 14400

in 2014, it is 130k vehicle at woodlands only. now likely more or same at least. Article attached

i don't see how the message can be true...

http://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_99_2004-12-30.html

The Causeway is a road and rail link between Singapore and Johor Bahru in Malaysia. Completed in 1923, the 1.05-kilometre Causeway cost an estimated 17 million Straits dollars and spans the Johor Straits(also known as the Tebrau Straits). At the Singapore end is the Woodlands customs, immigration and quarantine (CIQ) checkpoint, while the Sultan Iskandar CIQ stands at Bukit Chagar at the Malaysian side.1 It was estimated in 2014 that more than 130,000 vehicles cross the Woodlands checkpoint each day.2

cheap way to close factory... now got excuse go JB more frequently [laugh]

The 130k figure include motocycles/lorries/buses/cars. N it is for two direction. N there are 40 car counters each way plus around 100 counter for motocycles.

Right now, car clearance took at least one min as well if there is one pax.

• Praise 1

i mean at the counter. since talking abt the clearance rate of the machine. so it will b from the moment i get to the counter, till the barrier opens.even if im alone, i tink min abt 1 n a half min.

They can channel those with 4 passengers and more to those ACL since it has mutliple scanners.  I usually have 4-5 pax (including me) in the vehicle and seldom clear passport control in under 2 mins.  

Turbocharged

They can channel those with 4 passengers and more to those ACL since it has mutliple scanners. I usually have 4-5 pax (including me) in the vehicle and seldom clear passport control in under 2 mins.

Always sian half when the officer signal me to queue behind a fully loaded mpv, especially foreign ones lol

Usually will be in for a good wait

• Praise 1

Someone posted this in facebook:

Paging Singapore plated Gold Estima SJE1797H, u have been accused of driving off without paying for the RM$23.00 of petrol in Malaysia. Police report lodged.

post-16380-0-84413600-1502963394_thumb.png

• Praise 1

What is the petrol tank capacity of chervolet Cruze (SKC plate)? Saw one guy pump 65L at shell Jb. He just slowly pump n no need to shake the car at all.

What is the petrol tank capacity of chervolet Cruze (SKC plate)? Saw one guy pump 65L at shell Jb. He just slowly pump n no need to shake the car at all.

Either he went in almost empty and wasn't caught OR he whole day spent his time in JB till almost empty then went to pump petrol before returning

Either he went in almost empty and wasn't caught OR he whole day spent his time in JB till almost empty then went to pump petrol before returning

Cannot be leh.. According to sgcm, cruze tank only 60L. If one managed 65L off the pump, he must have did alteration to the fuel tank.
  • Praise 2

Cannot be leh.. According to sgcm, cruze tank only 60L. If one managed 65L off the pump, he must have did alteration to the fuel tank.

Waaah like this during my JB trip before I return back to SG I pump about 50l + of fuel means I alter the tank? No, it can mean that I spent my days in malaysia and before returning I pump vpower racing as near to the checkpoint

he must have driven until reach spare capacity

Waaah like this during my JB trip before I return back to SG I pump about 50l + of fuel means I alter the tank? No, it can mean that I spent my days in malaysia and before returning I pump vpower racing as near to the checkpoint

But doesn't make sense that one can pump over the limit of a fixed fuel tank capacity. 60L means 60L mah.. Plus minus also 1 or 2L..

he must have driven until reach spare capacity

I'm skeptical abt the spare capacity.. Dont think modern cars have this feature.. I might be wrong but its just me probably..

But doesn't make sense that one can pump over the limit of a fixed fuel tank capacity. 60L means 60L mah.. Plus minus also 1 or 2L..

I'm skeptical abt the spare capacity.. Dont think modern cars have this feature.. I might be wrong but its just me probably..

My car it says 60l but I can pump till 67L, if you pump till the brink able to see the petrol..

Someone posted this in facebook:

Paging Singapore plated Gold Estima SJE1797H, u have been accused of driving off without paying for the RM$23.00 of petrol in Malaysia. Police report lodged.

zee bxx.  In this world n age still got such losers.  Probably also steal toilet roll from public toilet, bath in condo swimming pool bathrooms to cut down on own elec/wter bill, and eat left over food from other in hawker centre and then lao sai to take MC next day.

Some Malaysia petrol tank "steal" from consumers.. aka the pump Nor calibrated.. actual amount of petrol dispensed is 50litres, but the pump shows 54litres etc.

So you may think your tank is 60L tank and have pumped in 67L in JB, but in actual fact the total amount pumped is 62-63 factoring in some extra holding on the fuel pipes and lines.

It happens to my car all the time.. regardless of model of car, everytime pump in JB always pump 4-5 litre extra.. thinking it's shiok but actually paid 4-5litres extra to the dishonest pump operator there.

• Praise 3

Dear MCFer hiadees/hiabuays,

Besides PETRON, which seller in Msia also has 100 octane fuel? Not keen in Shell V power which  is cccccrap 97 octane spiced up.

Also hor, other than the PETRON over at 2nd Link on Msia side just after the customs, which other PETRON station nearest to Singapok stocks 100 octane fuel on the Woodlands/JB side.

Jin Gam Sia

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement