COE refinements to be finalised in next few weeks

Darthrevan

There is no justification for these car manufacturer to make these changes unless it is assemble here.

Think at the end of the day, it will be a cost vs benefit business decision.

Especially when both BMW and Merc has their regional office in Singapore.

Think they will monitor the situation to see if their sales volume will drop but if the drop is small then maybe it is not worth the effort to make any changes.

There is no justification for these car manufacturer to make these changes unless it is assemble here.

well, for some model, they can assemble seats, radio, etc here to bring OMV cost down, im sure detune it is just a click of button, can be done easily.... [:p]

LTA i wonder if you're dumb or simply bo chap....why bother if this what you can achieve??Audi & Chery on the same Cat?? Prob got to go geylang & understudy someting on Cat.....

Exactly. This simply scream " I do my job without thoughts and pride!". And they have the gall to demand the pay of those in the private sector. Bottomline, premium cars remain in CAT A, number of cars on the road remain the same.... the people at the margin will simply move from Cat B to Cat A and as they do so they will still put spend those who wants a car but cant afford. In short, nothing is achieved except to force the people at the margin to downgrade the car they own.... There is nett unhappiness for this move...

This proves my point. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The system was good the way it is.

Now based on all the negative responses towards this policy, are the people who constantly complained happy?

I'm pretty sure they may think they benefit but I'm pretty sure these cretins still can't afford a car.

Wonder how a certain MYAUTOBLOG poster is gonna react to this.

LTA still living in prehistoric times. Using cc to determine COE Cat was archaic enuf. Now they realli became the laughing stock by using engine power as the consideration. All the brains and $$$ spent by car manufacturers on R&D, technological advancement, engine efficiency means nothing to our world-class land transport operator. [hur]

They are making a popularist decision, while understandable, but sad. Those once hoping for B&B Japanses car for better efficency, will now wish their engine tech remain low tech. Dealers will bring in the lower spec cars.

It would better if they catogorise under CO2 emission or MPG, but of course, this do not help 'Local' brands, as their cars does not compare favorably than more efficent engine with FI tech.

Its a step backwards in my view, to help japanese car dealers, & benefit little to car buyers, and the environments, in my opinion.

Is Singapore's Market big enough for manufacturer to come out with

C180 Singapore Edition - 129BHP

316 Singapore Edition - 129BHP

Detuning Engine for manufacture is as easy as a quick click on the computer for their ECU.

Wondering what LTA will do next?

Hope that they will not be made a laughing stock over this tweak in policy.

Also interesting is what happen if someone tune up their engine & pass the KW mark?

News flash soon: Toyota bring in new Altis, with improve effiency, it will now be 131 BHP. Toyota dealer complain to Government....

Like i said so many time, once you kpkb a prob, govt "help", this is wat you get...helped. I pray that they dun help. See my point now? Or is this still too chimm to understand? [wave]

Like i said so many time, once you kpkb a prob, govt "help", this is wat you get...helped. I pray that they dun help. See my point now? Or is this still too chimm to understand? [wave]

the famous saying thus holds true....

MjAxMy1lYTdhYzU0YmE3NGEzN2U5.png

you want change... i make you suffer.. see you still dare some more

we can expect COE to sky rocket after this announcement.. those barely on the line will quickly go sign on paper.. Those in CAT B also will rush with fear that there will be higher competition..

After Feb, people will still chiong CAT A.. and CAT B will be even more crowded..

end of the day, the person who change this.. laughing to the bank...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4274715858916

Also interesting is what happen if someone tune up their engine & pass the KW mark?

News flash soon: Toyota bring in new Altis, with improve effiency, it will now be 131 BHP. Toyota dealer complain to Government....

my biggest fear is.. govt insist to put a "seal" sticker on your ECU to ensure that no tampering on your ECU...

like that you everything also no need play liao... want more power? remove your spare tyre lo... [bigcry]

Edited by Knoobie

my biggest fear is.. govt insist to put a "seal" sticker on your ECU to ensure that no tampering on your ECU...

like that you everything also no need play liao... want more power? remove your spare tyre lo... [bigcry]

They can put seal and scotch tape also no use ah, ecu reflash just need to plug into OBD port....

They can put seal and scotch tape also no use ah, ecu reflash just need to plug into OBD port....

they lock ur obd port like with chastity belt then u know [laugh] [laugh]

chastity-belt.jpg

Turbocharged

Yes! Gotta wait till end 2015. I ger rent damn tee u!

Hope the drop in Cat A will happen sooner. Looking forward to change to a more reliable BnB car next year.

What if I tell you you don't even have to open up your bonnet to remap your ECU?

↡ Advertisement