Jack Neo spent only 3 mil to produce 2 movies. Salute!

Asher

jack Neo spent only 3 mil to produce 2 gd movies Ah Boys to Man 1 and Ah Boys to Man 2. But Ho Yeow Sun spent almost 40 mil to produce one MTV (u know which one!)? :huh:

koped from asiaone -

805SUNHO.jpg

↡ Advertisement

The way i see it:

Dumb Sheep -----chop carrot by -----> Small time conster ------ chop carrot big big by -----> Professional USA conster

Epic MJ video (only 2.5 million inflation adjusted)

Epic GNR video (only 2.4 million inflation adjusted)

Edited by Ahtong

ok dun start bordering on religion in this thread....high chance it will considering the case

prev threads were locked immed

Ah boys to mam heavily subsidized leh.

Minded most likely supplied the following:

- uniforms or FBO

- Training area, camp (use the venue for free)

- equipment (just T-loan, dun even have to rent)

- free manpower, consultation by instructors.

Mindef most obliging to give them anything to promote NS.

vs

Ms Ho have to basically pay for everything.

I'm not taking sides but this is common sense. Whoever came up with this comparison obviously got some agenda.

Erm....what was the fees she received again as part of the successful promotion of her songs? 1/6 the costs of abtm production...

- uniforms or FBO

vs

I'm not taking sides but this is common sense. Whoever came up with this comparison obviously got some agenda.

I think the support was only in kind....similarly wwonder if the movie makers that made Hunt for Red October, Top Gun or Battleship etc have to pay for US Navy support...

The way i see it:

Dumb Sheep -----chop carrot by -----> Small time conster ------ chop carrot big big by -----> Professional USA conster

Epic MJ video (only 2.5 million inflation adjusted)

Epic GNR video (only 2.4 million inflation adjusted)

Best thing of all....these album and MTV generate 100s of million in returns.....and the band and Singer become a religion in it kind.....China wine...? Promoting whore is it?

Edited by LoverofCar

- uniforms or FBO

vs

Objective post [thumbsup]

The lines are blurred because this case involves a religious organisation. The six accused, not the religion, are being put on the stand.

also the unknown actors probably cost few K each.

but I suppose Ms Ho can cut an album for $2mil, why spend so much?

- uniforms or FBO

vs

If want to do apple to apple comparison Ah boys to mam should be compared with Nat Geo's "Every Sgporean Son". Compare with their production costs.

MJ and GNR comparison is also not fair, you only make examples from successful ppl. How about those who failed using the same or more cost? The music industry is very realistic, it's either you make it or you don't regardless of how much cost you put into it. Just like mothers spent thousands on tuition fees for their children it does not guarantee success. End of the day it's still down to the individual.

I don't understand why ppl have so much hate for Ms Ho. If she and her church really did do something criminally wrong...just let the law take care of them.

Edited by Watwheels

I am still very surprise that very educated people and professionals still believe their story and continue to support them including money; either they are wrong or we are wrong; heard some politicians are church members too

I don't understand why ppl have so much hate for Ms Ho. If she and her church really did do something criminally wrong...just let the law take care of them.

I dun think they 'hate' her, just laughing at her failure just a like how people laugh and criticize other celebrities :D

I am still very surprise that very educated people and professionals still believe their story and continue to support them including money; either they are wrong or we are wrong; heard some politicians are church members too

mod say dun talk about religion already and you some more bring in politic <_<

also the unknown actors probably cost few K each.

but I suppose Ms Ho can cut an album for $2mil, why spend so much?

Chinese got a saying. Slap your face til swollen to look fat. :D

She's an unknown in US. Who would look at her MV? Hence she and her production manager get "industry heavy weights" to help boost the Chinese saying. Get pro dance instructors and dancers, fantastic venue etc hopig to make a "break thru". But they failed. What to do?

Pretty much like ppl driving a new merc to meet ppl to make an impression.

But the thing is if you suck...you suck. :D

Chinese got a saying. Slap your face til swollen to look fat. :D

She's an unknown in US. Who would look at her MV? Hence she and her production manager get "industry heavy weights" to help boost the Chinese saying. Get pro dance instructors and dancers, fantastic venue etc hopig to make a "break thru". But they failed. What to do?

Pretty much like ppl driving a new merc to meet ppl to make an impression.

But the thing is if you suck...you suck. :D

you dun have to spend a cent if you are good, people can get super famous via YouTube.... but then that time dun have YouTube yet [laugh]

↡ Advertisement