Front lower arm and suspension questions

Lengendcf

Yep I will.

Lucky my workshop just above Kenny alignment.

Thanks.

Mcf here is info or knowledge sharing.

You are always welcome,

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Mcf here is info or knowledge sharing.

You are always welcome,

Yah man, thanks bro.

The rear got nothing to change? Just the shock absorbers I guess? 

Yah man, thanks bro.

It depends on your car type. Some cars will have 16 control arms/links or another macpherson struts setup  while others have just a simple torsion beam with small shock absorbers. Best person to advise is yourself the driver to confirm if there are any irregular noise or movement from the rear. 

• Praise 1

Yah man, thanks bro.

Maybe if you advise your car model then some experts will advise as too many type of rear suspension system.

However most of them will have some bushings that can be changed, just how many.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Mine’s just a Swift so seems to be torsion beam with shock absorbers. Changed that and the bushings 2 years back.

Thanks.

Can recommend the workshop? So far for my mitsubishi suv... 9.5years liao and i need suspension change and engine mounting for next renewal of life.

Price between 1.8k to 2.5k++

Wondering if the usual rates are lower using ori/oem parts.

3 hours ago, JayDazzler said:

Can recommend the workshop? So far for my mitsubishi suv... 9.5years liao and i need suspension change and engine mounting for next renewal of life.

mitsubishi parts so expensive meh?

Renew, cross 10 year mark, than replace. You never know may anything can happen in the 6 months.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:14 PM, JayDazzler said:

Buy parts and get workshop to change should be cheaper. The difficulty is getting the original parts. 

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

For lower arms, would OEM parts be good enough?

I would stick to original.

Price difference a lot? 

Check with a few Nissan stockist bro.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 3

Changing front absorbers: other than absorber, bump stop, and absorber mounting, is there a need to change the absorber mounting bearing? 

10 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Changing front absorbers: other than absorber, bump stop, and absorber mounting, is there a need to change the absorber mounting bearing? 

If no funny noise no need lah!

27 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Depends on how old. I would one time replace everything. I have learnt my lesson with toyota Markx when the workshop claimed the top mount looked ok and didn’t replace it. 

was plagued with knocking noises for the longest time. @Vratenza would attest to the same crap he endured. 
the old suspension was worn but no knocking. 

Edited by Mkl22

14 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

If no funny noise no need lah!

Thanks! There are so many funny sounds I can't figure out which is from where 😆 13-year-old car. Just changed top engine mounts and car is now quieter.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Kklim said:

Thanks! There are so many funny sounds I can't figure out which is from where 😆 13-year-old car. Just changed top engine mounts and car is now quieter.

I also plan to replace the lower arms soon. Bushings all cracked.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:50 PM, Kklim said:

Loudest sound (tok tok tok when staring up, softer when moving) turned out to be from air filter housing hitting firewall coz bushes had hardened  or broken off. Had them replaced and quiet now. Also changed front absorbers and other suspension parts so only hear road and tyre sounds now 👍

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1

was told my 2015 Kia K3 front bushings cracked. was quoted $540 incl labour to change both sides. anybody know if this is a reasonable price?

any place to recommend to bring own parts and pay for labour?  

12 minutes ago, N00b said:

was told my 2015 Kia K3 front bushings cracked. was quoted $540 incl labour to change both sides. anybody know if this is a reasonable price?

any place to recommend to bring own parts and pay for labour?  

Check part prices here: https://www.fitinpart.sg/

$540 quote: I just changed practically all the front suspension parts (incl absorbers) for about this amount in Malaysia (not JB).

↡ Advertisement