Change insurance mid-term ?

Ysc3

can we change our ins company mid-way thru the term for the same car ?

coz i just bought a used car and the dealer insist on doing the ins .... and it cost almost $400 more than my current car.

(dun think too much ... almost same type of car)

i told them i wanted to ask my current insurer to quote but they say cannot.

so can i take what they get for me and then maybe 2 months down, switch another insurer ?

↡ Advertisement

where got such thing as cannot? tell them if they want u to take up from them, they gotta find one that's similar or lower than what u can get yourself. otherwise the deal is off. that's what i did previously and they managed to 'discount' by $300 on the same policy to match what i got.

can we change our ins company mid-way thru the term for the same car ?

coz i just bought a used car and the dealer insist on doing the ins .... and it cost almost $400 more than my current car.

(dun think too much ... almost same type of car)

i told them i wanted to ask my current insurer to quote but they say cannot.

so can i take what they get for me and then maybe 2 months down, switch another insurer ?

Can...only if the premium and condition of insurance matches what your own insurance can offer. Why must I pay more...if insist must buy from them...dun buy the car completely. But if all conditions is the same or cheaper...goodwill lor...you need to buy insurance anyway...let them earn the commission...its not coming out from your pocket anyway.

Bro, fyi u cant change insurer during the period of insurance coverage.unless u sell away ur car.

Normally the dealer may get 10% cut on the premium. Talk ur way thru . $400 no way. $40 maybe ?

Can...only if the premium and condition of insurance matches what your own insurance can offer. Why must I pay more...if insist must buy from them...dun buy the car completely. But if all conditions is the same or cheaper...goodwill lor...you need to buy insurance anyway...let them earn the commission...its not coming out from your pocket anyway.

It's all coming out from your pocket, whether directly or indirectly.

Straight up profit from the sale (you) , direct to dealer + salesman, commission from insurance and loan, indirect from the insurer and bank (paid by you), indirect to dealer and salesman, but in the end, it's all from your pocket.

TS, if they can't find you a cheaper insurance, they're likely to tok you on the loan too, so, better run away.. Unless the car you want is so rare that only they have it..

It's all coming out from your pocket, whether directly or indirectly.

Straight up profit from the sale (you) , direct to dealer + salesman, commission from insurance and loan, indirect from the insurer and bank (paid by you), indirect to dealer and salesman, but in the end, it's all from your pocket.

TS, if they can't find you a cheaper insurance, they're likely to tok you on the loan too, so, better run away.. Unless the car you want is so rare that only they have it..

Yes....I know its from my pocket...but I dun pay him/her directly. He/she gets the comms from the insurance or finance company...its something that you have to pay anyway.

Just like you cannot go to your mee pok man and tell his supplier that he are also his vendor rite...since part of the $3 you paid for your mee pok is used to pay the supplier for the mee pok.

↡ Advertisement