Do you give your wife allowances regularly?

Windwaver

Even if she's working? [laugh]

Β 

I don't give any allowances but my salary pays for everything anyway.

I also take care of all the finance, saving and investment.

As you can probably tell I did not marry a high flyer.

This is on purpose because i cannot stand these so called modern feminists who think they know it all.

So you can say I'm the man who wears the pants in my household. :D

Seriously bro, it's 2013 now! :o

Β 

Better to have two "engines" working, still can fly if one flames out...

Β 

yep. as long as he dun say in front of old folks in CNY visits, should be fine

Neutral Newbie

I don't give any allowances but my salary pays for everything anyway.

I also take care of all the finance, saving and investment.

As you can probably tell I did not marry a high flyer.

This is on purpose because i cannot stand these so called modern feminists who think they know it all.

So you can say I'm the man who wears the pants in my household. :D

Β 

When I ws getting married, I ask for allowance from my partner, but he refused stating that since I work, I wouldnt need any.

He pays for most if not all the stuff at home. I pay for my own expenditure. I was only earning half of what he earns back then.

Additionally, I contributed 800 into our joint account every month. After contribution, I find that I could not save as much as I like to, so I stopped contributing after 2 yrs. Now 7 years later I earn the same as my partner, I dont ask for allowance but neither do I contribute. Stuff I pay for are enrichment and tuiton classes for our children.

Everything esle, my partner pays.

Not sure if this is fair, of course I hope my partner pays for everything and yet give me an allowance, as a token

Neutral Newbie

to add, good thing is my partner is more calculative than I am, he handles the finances. I settle my own bills, insurance, my shopping.

I dont interfere in what he spends on since he is more NIAO than I am. I trust that he stretches his dollar more.

Β 

Β 

why do woman expects a money still in the current context?

Β 

i understand last time most are housewives so the money are usually for household blah blah blah..

Β 

but now if earning power is the same.. why still expect money?

Β 

Β 

Haha, good if your wife can do finances lor, but also bad coz she will know how you spend and how much you spend. I observe that most of the towkays I meet / friends father or what, those that do business, usually their wife will not know exactly how much the hubby earns.

Β 

no choice leh. I'm just an ordinary employee. drawing standard salary with payslip (she can see how much I earn). if I'm a boss. different story maybe LOL..

I do the same thing.

Β 

She's been in charge of her family business' finance matters and bill payment and stuff since a very young age, and does a really good job of it.

Honestly because of her control we could save quite a bit over the years. She also knows which credit card to use at which shop etc so everytime I buy a big ticket purchase I will call her to find out which card to use.

Β 

as for those extra activities...... never tried before. I have a happy family; those things don't tempt me. Only interested in making sure my family is well provided for.

Β 

actually that's quite true. if a man isn't happy or felt blissful with the wife. he wouldn't have pass all the money to the wife.

my wife helps me control my spending as well cuz I like to mods stupid things onto car. lol.

at the same time, because she asked me for opinion whenever she wanna buy anything, so I control her back with things I felt not really necessary as well.

it's always a 2 way thing.

When I ws getting married, I ask for allowance from my partner, but he refused stating that since I work, I wouldnt need any.

He pays for most if not all the stuff at home. I pay for my own expenditure. I was only earning half of what he earns back then.

Additionally, I contributed 800 into our joint account every month. After contribution, I find that I could not save as much as I like to, so I stopped contributing after 2 yrs. Now 7 years later I earn the same as my partner, I dont ask for allowance but neither do I contribute. Stuff I pay for are enrichment and tuiton classes for our children.

Not sure if this is fair, of course I hope my partner pays for everything and yet give me an allowance, as a token

Β 

I estimate that I earn about 4 times of what my wife earns.

Since I pay for everything she uses her salary for whatever she wants for herself.

I must say that although I handle all the finances it does not mean that I hide anything from her.

She has access to all my financial info and bank accounts and in fact keeps detailed records of everything.

It is just that she has zero interest in handling money matters or think about investments or stock markets.

As far as we are concern it's a 50-50 partnership just that we are happy to handle different things.

She takes care of the family and I take care of the dough. :D

why do woman expects a money still in the current context?

Β 

i understand last time most are housewives so the money are usually for household blah blah blah..

Β 

but now if earning power is the same.. why still expect money?

Could be the thinking still 'old dated' as it is a duty for husband to give money to wife?! [:/]

I do the same thing.

Β 

She's been in charge of her family business' finance matters and bill payment and stuff since a very young age, and does a really good job of it.

Honestly because of her control we could save quite a bit over the years. She also knows which credit card to use at which shop etc so everytime I buy a big ticket purchase I will call her to find out which card to use.

Β 

as for those extra activities...... never tried before. I have a happy family; those things don't tempt me. Only interested in making sure my family is well provided for.

Hi pal, [wave]

With your ride S300, your family must be quite well provided for! [thumbsup]

Β 

OT abit, juz wanna share a new food with u.

Β 

Recently I got hooked onto lor mee at bukit purmei.

Got time u can go check it out!

Β 

Why would you need any allowance from your hubby when you're working, especially if you mention that he paid for most if not all the stuff at home.

Β 

As you've mentioned that you're both earning the same, if you are both footing out similar in expense, then I don't think it's a problem if his contributions + expense = your expense. But if your expenses are the same, and he contributes into the joint account and you don't, then I would see it as a problem. Then again, it's just my opinion.

Β 

no choice leh. I'm just an ordinary employee. drawing standard salary with payslip (she can see how much I earn). if I'm a boss. different story maybe LOL..

Β 

Haha, still got bonus, AWS, all those mah, you mean she knows exactly how much you get? Do you know how much she get too?

↑ Advertisement