How much to install Retractable Awning for home?

Babyt

Anyone knows roughly how much to install a retractable awning for a home open balcony? About 5m x 5m area to be covered.

↡ Advertisement

I stalled at my house 13 x 3.5 m at about 3k+. Insisted to add 2 remote control n 1 fixed three ways switches at additional 300 dollars. For a few ks, it bring slot more comfort n freedom to your lifestyle. Worth it!

• Praise 1

some fabric stains easily and within 6 months it look dirty and old

maybe ask the shop show you their past projects done 6-12 months ago to see such stains appear

look around some HDB ground floor kopitiams, some awnings they have really look run-down coz most likely they get what they paid for :o

• Praise 2

I installed mine in the backyard. Don't remember the dimension but quit a huge area. It costs me $2k plus back in 2010.

Under hot sun and rain sure got stains and mold wan...but the important thing is that the fabric remains waterproof.

Your dimension should be cheaper.

I installed mine in the backyard. Don't remember the dimension but quit a huge area. It costs me $2k plus back in 2010.

Under hot sun and rain sure got stains and mold wan...but the important thing is that the fabric remains waterproof.

Your dimension should be cheaper.

How many inches is it? :D

Neutral Newbie

Any one want to get the quoted for retractable awning , outdoor blind , polycarbonate , aluminum composite panel , glass roofing , parasol are welcome to call me. My phone number is 8428 4278.Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just came across this thread..... For an area of 5m x 5m. It is actually impossible to plan just one unit of retractable awning. You will need more than 1 unit to cover.....There are also other factors like the site situation whether its suitable for Retractable awning at that size, mounting height, clearance height, mounting area etc...... Its is very difficult to explain in the forum.....

Any person interested to know more about Retractable awning can drop me an e.mail : [email protected]

Or visit the web site: www.alcosunshade.com.sg

Cheers

John Chia

Anyone knows roughly how much to install a retractable awning for a home open balcony? About 5m x 5m area to be covered.

my fren is in this business if u wan i get him to contact u

Supersonic
(edited)

I am considering to install a small retractable awning of about 4x6 meter so as to reduce heat dissipating from the tiles, any advice if that would help and any considerations like potentially trapping heat or reduce air flow etc ?

Edited by Ct3833

Turbocharged

I am considering to install a small retractable awning of about 4x6 meter so as to reduce heat dissipating from the tiles, any advice if that would help and any considerations like potentially trapping heat or reduce air flow etc ?

awning are good to shade from direct sun but the canvas dont insultate heat. not sure this helps in your discription for installing awning. if you are shading direct sun on the roof tiles then this is one way but may not be the best. insulation below the roof is more effective. my 2-cent

• Praise 1

Can consider diy misting system

https://www.lazada.sg/products/beautymaker-15m-water-misting-cooling-system-sprinkler-nozzle-garden-patio-micro-irrigation-set-intl-i135386041-s159667500.html

https://www.lazada.sg/products/watering-plant-flower-garden-automatic-irrigation-system-sprinkler-timer-intl-i132672276-s152982349.html

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

awning are good to shade from direct sun but the canvas dont insultate heat. not sure this helps in your discription for installing awning. if you are shading direct sun on the roof tiles then this is one way but may not be the best. insulation below the roof is more effective. my 2-cent

Thanks. My intention is to reduce heat that is dissipating from the floor tiles after a few hours of sun light, when wind blows, hot air from the floor tiles will go towards my living area. I am not sure would the heat from the shade be worst than the heat from the floor tiles. The other consideration is whether it would block air flow.

In the worst case i would install it up and retract it mist of the time.

Edited by Ct3833

Turbocharged

Thanks. My intention is to reduce heat that is dissipating from the floor tiles after a few hours of sun light, when wind blows, hot air from the floor tiles will go towards my living area. I am not sure would the heat from the shade be worst than the heat from the floor tiles. The other consideration is whether it would block air flow.

effectively you are shading the roof tiles from the sun. A double layer roof haha. Heat trapped between the tiles and awning will still be there even if you close the awning but maybe reduced.

unless the outside wind is always blowing the direction into your windows throughout the year, i am not sure this is effective.

Just pour water over it.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1