[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle

Xtrocious

i update mine a little...........

4 months into it.........lost 8kg..(from 72kg to 64kg)...........lost 4" on the waist ..(34" to 30")......

I am 1.71m.....now weight seem very stable between 64kg to 65kg.........waist measurement still cutting........last measured this morning was slightly below 30"..........

nothing really change except removing all carbs..........don't feel sleepy easily.............can work out better............

and yah...........removing those sugar really really help............ [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

its been a year since i started my low carb diet. high fat, well, not extremely high but i guess it can be considered moderate. I eat more muscle and organ meats now, including the fatty parts that come with it and i enjoy butter a lot more now.

kuay chap, bak kut teh, roast pork, beef steak, fish, eggs, veggies form the staple of my diet. i've drastically cut down on carbs.

weight has been stable at 63.x kg (down from 70.5kg), resting heart rate at 55. i can now run half marathon in less than 2 hours (i only run once a week) and i've never felt better.

More importantly is how good i felt when my colleagues mentioned that they've never seen anyone as disciplined as me when it comes to food. They are amazed at how i can survive without rice, noodles, bread and the likes.

And now for the medical report. Everything's good except for LDL which still remains moderately high and i'm slightly baffled. Ok, i do eat fried chicken cutlet, calamari etc once in a while but that's about it. i seldom eat seafood like crabs, prawns or cockles. The doc says it could be genetic but as of now i don't have to take medication.

A comparo of 2013 vs 2014

Lipid (Fat) Profile

Cholesterol - 214 vs 223.11

Triglycerides - 48 vs 31.9

HDL - 62 vs 72.18

LDL - 142 vs 144.75

Liver Profile

ALT - 23 vs 19

AST - 25 vs 23

GGT - 31 vs 17

Protein - 7.8 vs 7.8

Bilirubin - 1 vs 0.76

that's all folks, cheers to another year and thanks for LCHF! :)

Excellent result for your lipid!

Dont have to be so concern with your LDL since your triglycerides is very very low. Most likely your LDL are large and fluffy type which is harmless to your body.

Cheers to your good health! [thumbsup]

its been a year since i started my low carb diet. high fat, well, not extremely high but i guess it can be considered moderate. I eat more muscle and organ meats now, including the fatty parts that come with it and i enjoy butter a lot more now.

kuay chap, bak kut teh, roast pork, beef steak, fish, eggs, veggies form the staple of my diet. i've drastically cut down on carbs.

weight has been stable at 63.x kg (down from 70.5kg), resting heart rate at 55. i can now run half marathon in less than 2 hours (i only run once a week) and i've never felt better.

More importantly is how good i felt when my colleagues mentioned that they've never seen anyone as disciplined as me when it comes to food. They are amazed at how i can survive without rice, noodles, bread and the likes.

And now for the medical report. Everything's good except for LDL which still remains moderately high and i'm slightly baffled. Ok, i do eat fried chicken cutlet, calamari etc once in a while but that's about it. i seldom eat seafood like crabs, prawns or cockles. The doc says it could be genetic but as of now i don't have to take medication.

A comparo of 2013 vs 2014

Lipid (Fat) Profile

Cholesterol - 214 vs 223.11

Triglycerides - 48 vs 31.9

HDL - 62 vs 72.18

LDL - 142 vs 144.75

Liver Profile

ALT - 23 vs 19

AST - 25 vs 23

GGT - 31 vs 17

Protein - 7.8 vs 7.8

Bilirubin - 1 vs 0.76

that's all folks, cheers to another year and thanks for LCHF! :)

Ok question. Where to get cheaper coconut oil? Cold Storage one is almost 12 bucks for one small glass jar.

Mustafa - seriously...hahah

Thanks xtrocious!

Are you guys into sharing recipes? I am trying to adapt some to local taste. So far have cooked sliced liver and pork belly soup with ginger. Have also read that can use cauliflower to make fried 'rice'with bacon.

No worries :)

Sure, always a pleasure when it comes to food...hahah

1545052_3846972508258_1222871365_n.jpg

It may look fried but it's actually grilled...hahah

The 'flour' is actually turmeric powder :)

Butter is processed too but somehow the LCHF fraternity embraced it like no tomorrow LOL.

Sugar is fine. Carb is converted to sugar, in the body, isn't it?

Butter is just churned milk - what's so processed about it? <_<

Of course sugar is NOT fine - where did you get that horrible idea? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Love tumeric. I use it a lot too... It "currifies" things, not to mention its great nutritional benefits...

Foods that have an incredible array of health benefits that go well beyond just their nutrient value are considered `super-foods.` Turmeric is an herb native to Southeast Asia that is a true super-food shown to have remarkable healing and anti-inflammatory properties that are just now being discovered.

Cellular inflammation is a common day epidemic that is it is the fundamental cause of degenerative disease in our society. Turmeric has been shown to reduce inflammation & oxidative stress as well as any herbal medicinal ever studied.

Turmeric root is extraordinarily rich in curcuminoid polyphenol anti-oxidants that give it a classic yellow-orange color. The principal crucuminoid is curcumin which is responsible for much of the health benefits attributed to turmeric. The other 2 curcuminoids are desmethoxycurcumin and bis-desmethoxycurcumin.

Blood sugar imbalances and insulin resistant cell membranes are critical factors that promote inflammatory conditions in the body. Curcumin has been shown to stabilize blood sugar and reverse cellular insulin resistance by increasing the number of insulin receptors and improving the receptor binding capacity to insulin.

Curcumin has been shown to activate PPAR (peroxisome proliferator-activator receptor), which is a group of nuclear receptor proteins that regulate gene expression and modulate sugar uptake and utilization from the blood. Curcumin also acts on the liver to decrease the activity of enzymes that release sugar into the blood while increasing activity of enzymes that store sugar. Through these mechanisms,
curcumin has been shown to significantly reduce blood glucose and triglyceride levels in diabetic rats.

When blood sugar imbalances occur without sufficient regulation, glucose cross-links are formed with functional proteins. These new molecules are called Advanced Glycolytic Enzymes (AGE`S) that damage cell membranes, vital enzyme systems, and perpetuate inflammatory conditions in the body. Curcumin has been shown to inhibit the formation of these dangerous substances and turn off the inflammatory fires.

Turmeric is the 4th highest anti-oxidant rich herb with an extraordinarily impressive ORAC score of 159,277. These anti-oxidants such as curcumin are very powerful modulators of oxidative stress.

Turmeric also boosts levels of natural cellular anti-oxidants such as glutathione, superoxide dismutase, and catalase. These molecules are critical for the body to limit oxidative stress all day long. The greater the surplus of cellular anti-oxidants the less stress and damage occurs to vital organ systems.

Turmeric`s powerful curcuminoids have been shown to reduce the inflammatory mediating prostaglandins, cytokines and other molecules such as interleukin-6 & tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha). This tips the scales; it pulls the body out of an inflammatory cascade and promotes anti-inflammatory behavior at the cellular level.

Turmeric`s ability to inhibit oxidative stress, AGE formation, & inflammatory prostaglandins across multiple organ systems and multiple biochemical pathways makes it an incredibly powerful anti-aging and performance enhancing aid. Through the above mentioned mechanisms
turmeric has been shown to reverse diabetes and improve blood vessel elasticity.

This stabilizes blood pressure and improves cardiovascular function. Additionally, by inhibiting pro-inflammatory prostaglandins it is a powerful pain inhibitor and cancer cell inhibitor. Turmeric improves
blood flow and reduces brain inflammation, thus making you cognitively sharper while protecting against Dementia, Alzheimer`s, Parkinson`s and every other neurodegenerative disorder. It has been shown to speed up wound healing from cuts & burns while reducing inflammatory skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema.

Mustafa - seriously...hahah

No worries :)

Sure, always a pleasure when it comes to food...hahah

Butter is just churned milk - what's so processed about it? <_<

Of course sugar is NOT fine - where did you get that horrible idea? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

So do you consider bread as just a mixture of natural ingredients as well? LOL

guys, I just had a CT scan for calcium score. doc says it is 14.

not sure how bad that is. he says he seen scores up to 5000.. and that is bad.

mine is considered moderate but for someone past 40 it is low already.

anybody else did a calcium score?

for the record, doc say my cholesterol is high. of cos it is since I do eat LCHF.

guys, I just had a CT scan for calcium score. doc says it is 14.

not sure how bad that is. he says he seen scores up to 5000.. and that is bad.

mine is considered moderate but for someone past 40 it is low already.

anybody else did a calcium score?

for the record, doc say my cholesterol is high. of cos it is since I do eat LCHF.

I did. My score is 0. Mid 40's.

My total cholesterol is around 210. High by doctor's standards (I really wonder if they see anyone with a <200 total cholesterol), but I don't care about this number. As long as my triglycerides are <50 and HDL >70, I'm happy.

CalciumScore.jpg

Edited by Chickenbackside

My total cholesterol is around 210. High by doctor's standards (I really wonder if they see anyone with a <200 total cholesterol), but I don't care about this number. As long as my triglycerides are <50 and HDL >70, I'm happy.

CalciumScore.jpg

Thanks CBS.

BTW, is there a way to reverse the plaque? or is it permanent once it is there?

my trigs are 31 and HDL 72.. but why should we not be concerned about LDL?

i also read that its bad if trigs are too low :/

is it like what bfdragon says.. "large and fluffy which is harmless"..

CalciumScore.jpg

nice..... in glass jar somemore. I love things in glass, not plastik bottles.

those looking for coconut oil

found the organic one at cold storage.. i bought 1 to try

coconutoil.jpg

my trigs are 31 and HDL 72.. but why should we not be concerned about LDL?

i also read that its bad if trigs are too low :/

is it like what bfdragon says.. "large and fluffy which is harmless"..

first of all, google for cholesterol con or cholesterol myth

secondly, understand that they do not directly measure LDL - it's estimated from this formula

total cholesterol = HDL (measured) + LDL (estimated) - Trigs/5 (measured), based on the premise that Trigs are around 200 or more

but simple maths (common sense too) would tell you that if Trigs are going to be very low (<50 in my case), then the estimated LDL would be higher (a lot higher)

thirdly, where did you get the idea that it's bad if Trigs are too low?

thanks for the explanation!

i got my reference from this link http://www.livestrong.com/article/308824-very-low-triglyceride-level/

Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism, as described by the Mayo Clinic, is a condition in which your thyroid, a gland that controls metabolism through hormone release, is overactive. The increased metabolic state caused by hyperthyroidism requires an increased utilization of energy through the burning of stored triglycerides ultimately depleting your energy stores resulting in low triglyceride levels.

first of all, google for cholesterol con or cholesterol myth

secondly, understand that they do not directly measure LDL - it's estimated from this formula

total cholesterol = HDL (measured) + LDL (estimated) - Trigs/5 (measured), based on the premise that Trigs are around 200 or more

but simple maths (common sense too) would tell you that if Trigs are going to be very low (<50 in my case), then the estimated LDL would be higher (a lot higher)

thirdly, where did you get the idea that it's bad if Trigs are too low?

thanks for the explanation!

i got my reference from this link http://www.livestrong.com/article/308824-very-low-triglyceride-level/

Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism, as described by the Mayo Clinic, is a condition in which your thyroid, a gland that controls metabolism through hormone release, is overactive. The increased metabolic state caused by hyperthyroidism requires an increased utilization of energy through the burning of stored triglycerides ultimately depleting your energy stores resulting in low triglyceride levels.

Ah..it doesn't take into account that we typically burn ketones as fuel

Trust me - there's more than enough stored fats to last a lifetime (for me at least) hahah

↡ Advertisement