Nissan Owners...! Pls check in here..! Part 2

Sabian

hi guys,

new qq owner coming up, hopefully can get my qq on 24 this month as promised by tc that will get coe for sure this coming bidding

Wished you good luck. Normally if SE said sure can get COE, meant sure can secure COE.

↡ Advertisement

I am gonna scrap a sunny tomorrow. Car is in tip top condition. If anyone needs any parts, do let me know. I am offering FOC to those who may need parts but can't afford. As long as I am not overly inconvenienced and the car can be driven to scrap, I don't mind assisting someone in need. Just drop me a private message and I shall revert accordingly.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Congrats. Welcome to Nissan family. Remember to ask for Car Mat.

What brand of car mat they gave? Only 3M is good, others all can throw away!

Edited by forestman

(edited)

1st time nissan driver here, having the new 1.6 Slyphy everything ok except the sound proof/insulation of this car is horrible cum terrible on a raining day or when the road is wet.

driving this car on a raining day, make you feel like you are inside a zinc roof top house very noisy "tit tit tok tok"... and the water splashing sound from the rear wheel/tyre is very bad too.

my car reaching 8k km yet whenever raining i will alway somehow subconsciously turn my head to check if i have close the rear window or did i not close the rear door properly due to the wheel/tyre water splashing sound....water hitng the under carriage

This morning was raining, so i drove to ubi to ask Tan Chong to check if there is something that they miss out on my car......and to my surprise i found out that Slyphy does not come with the "Plastic cover" that suppose to be in between the wheel/tyre and metal part of the car body and that the reason for the water splashing noise. AND the most interesting part is they have this "Plastic cover" on the front wheel/tyre and they have it on their Tena and most of other brand car have it too ...... i wondering how much can they save from this...??!!

seeing the way they cut corner here and there i am very disappointed with Nissan and lost confident and trust with Nissan,

we ever own mazda, honda, mitsubishi, opel..... we had never encounter such issue before.

so if you are thinking of getting this car please please do yourself a favor test the car on a raining day........

i will try upload a photos in next few day

You are driving a Nissan and not any other Japan car you know. If it is just this problem, you are lucky already!

Anyway, Nissan is not under same cat as Mazda, Mitsubishi, don't even can compare to Honda.

Edited by forestman

Horn stopped working.

Made appointment for 10am @ Tan Chong Toa Payoh, went it on time and they still made me queue. All service advisors are still taking their own sweet time eating breakfast. Only at 10.30am they started going by queue number.

Good thing is the service advisor knows exactly what's wrong.

Turned to left and try honking, no sound.

Turned to right and try honking, got sound.

Diagnosed to a spiral cable inside that needs changing. Going to cost about $200, but can't get the parts in time till late.

Most of the time, it is just a joint came out, don't need to change the cable. Even that, cable is very common, just go further up along TPY lor 8, you can see one electrical shop call Choo Chiang. They got many cable. 1 m length the most cost you 2-3 dollars.

What brand of car mat they gave? Only 3M is good, others all can throw away!

Not sure. But they printed sylphy on it. I just need a layer on top of the original car mat.

Most of the time, it is just a joint came out, don't need to change the cable. Even that, cable is very common, just go further up along TPY lor 8, you can see one electrical shop call Choo Chiang. They got many cable. 1 m length the most cost you 2-3 dollars.

Are you referring to the cable connecting to the horn near the engine compartment or the cable within the steering wheel?

Not sure. But they printed sylphy on it. I just need a layer on top of the original car mat.

I think the sylphy mat is quite standard together with new cars. ever since sunny times. my 2cents.

I think the sylphy mat is quite standard together with new cars. ever since sunny times. my 2cents.

Normally I buy my own 3M mat. Since Nissan gave I just take and so did not buy.

(edited)

I bought Nissan Sylphy 1.6 Premium after 5 years of Honda Civic VTi, 8+ years on Opel.

Experience good so far as I find the car smooth and silent. May be lacking the jazzy features, but it is value for money and good family car. I may not be the first to be off the traffic light, but that's okay.

11.8 kmpl as per the onboard meter so far.

Edited by Grammy

I bought Nissan Sylphy 1.6 Premium after 5 years of Honda Civic VTi, 8+ years on Opel.

Experience good so far as I find the car smooth and silent. May be lacking the jazzy features, but it is value for money and good family car. I may not be the first to be off the traffic light, but that's okay.

11.8 kmpl as per the onboard meter so far.

I Bought mine in April this year after driving Mazda car for almost 17 years. Yes, the pick up not fantastic but I enjoyed the ride. It is really a good family car. The leather seats are soft and quite comfortable.

I Bought mine in April this year after driving Mazda car for almost 17 years. Yes, the pick up not fantastic but I enjoyed the ride. It is really a good family car. The leather seats are soft and quite comfortable.

Do your seats feel hard initially? Cause mine, 1 month old currently, seats not as soft as showroom kind. (I know that showroom alot of people sit before, but..) Wondering if the seats got any "break-in" period.

Do your seats feel hard initially? Cause mine, 1 month old currently, seats not as soft as showroom kind. (I know that showroom alot of people sit before, but..) Wondering if the seats got any "break-in" period.

Compared to my previous car (Opel), I found the seats soft and comfortable. I also sat in the rear seat, with the rear vent on, it was quite comfortable to the hot rides in previous cars or Sonata taxis.

↡ Advertisement