How to give way to Emergency Vehicle in a jam

Ghostrider

this is how it should be done. but rarely would you see that in sg. when you move near curb.. other vehicle will try to cut into your lane. but I still try to do that every time. or at least I filter to other lane as soon as i see emergency vehicle from rear view mirror way before its near me giving the emergency vehicle a faster lane to travel at.

this is how it should be done. but rarely would you see that in sg. when you move near curb.. other vehicle will try to cut into your lane. but I still try to do that every time. or at least I filter to other lane as soon as i see emergency vehicle from rear view mirror way before its near me giving the emergency vehicle a faster lane to travel at.

Not true when ambulance is behind. Saw many time Liao. All will give way except for some idiot like the one stomp posted.

Last week on the CTE I noticed a civil defence ambulance using the shoulder to get past traffic instead of the rightmost lane. The vehicles in the leftmost lane were shifting to the right to give him more space and I must say that the driver was making better progress than an ambulance in the rightmost lane would and causing less disruption to traffic flow as well.

I don't know if this is just the driver being creative or a new practice by civil defence, the private ambulances seem to still be using the rightmost lane to (slowly) get through traffic.

Last week on the CTE I noticed a civil defence ambulance using the shoulder to get past traffic instead of the rightmost lane. The vehicles in the leftmost lane were shifting to the right to give him more space and I must say that the driver was making better progress than an ambulance in the rightmost lane would and causing less disruption to traffic flow as well.

I don't know if this is just the driver being creative or a new practice by civil defence, the private ambulances seem to still be using the rightmost lane to (slowly) get through traffic.

Think it had always been done when they are going to exit at the next exit bah?? Not the first time seeing it.

Think it had always been done when they are going to exit at the next exit bah?? Not the first time seeing it.

But he was not exiting at the next exit. I first spotted him after amk ave 3 southbound and he was using the shoulder all the way until past both erp gantries and I assume continuing to balestier/Moulmein exit.

Do you give way to ambulances only when the lights are flashing, or the sirens are blazing?

What if the ambulance's lights and sirens are off, and the driver is only driving out for lunch?

Do you give way to ambulances only when the lights are flashing, or the sirens are blazing?

What if the ambulance's lights and sirens are off, and the driver is only driving out for lunch?

When the lights is flashing. If they on the siren, mean u hogged them very long liao. Don't think they will on it if they are going for lunch.

But he was not exiting at the next exit. I first spotted him after amk ave 3 southbound and he was using the shoulder all the way until past both erp gantries and I assume continuing to balestier/Moulmein exit.

Oh I see.

Btw, iirc my instructor ever tell me that road shoulder is also cater for emergency use by authority. So I think this practice had always been there.

with lights is a first warning that they have patients in the ambulance.

lights and siren is to tell u to fugoff immediately in case u never check ur back mirror and see tat there is an ambulance behind u.

WHY ISIT SO DIFFICULT TO GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT?

ambulance intention oso wan to second guess? [dead]

lights and siren is to tell u to fugoff immediately in case u never check ur back mirror and see tat there is an ambulance behind u.

ya lor. Just give way. why so difficult?

ya lor. Just give way. why so difficult?

Exactly, that 10 secs of "personal inconvinence" can be a matter of life and death. Just give way lah.

Neutral Newbie

When the lights is flashing. If they on the siren, mean u hogged them very long liao. Don't think they will on it if they are going for lunch.

not necessary got patient or hogged very long. empty ambulance came out from station switch on siren for 3 junctions when no cars were in front or the cars were at the next junction. for the next to 2 junctions before entering expressway, the ambulance only had blinkers even though there were many cars. Was on the same route as the ambulance. it was attending to a case on the expressway.

↡ Advertisement