Toyota Premio Gear Box Problem

Ngsehchoon

Last Thursday night when driving back from CTE suddenly my car seem to slow down so try to ramp on the pedal the rpm went up but the car never pick up at all. No choice but to pull over the road shoulder to wait for tow truck. Now have to wait for my workshop boss to tell me what is the problems.

That happened to me when I was driving my company van. I continued driving when there was no more

Padding on the clutch. Not very sure for auto gear though.

↡ Advertisement

hey bro, CVT gear box oil black is okay 1 la just change loh. but what problem u facing? car jerking a lot at rpm above 1500-1800? please check your Sparkplug.. sometimes.. just by listening to the workshop u will get chopped like carrot..

hey bro, CVT gear box oil black is okay 1 la just change loh. but what problem u facing? car jerking a lot at rpm above 1500-1800? please check your Sparkplug.. sometimes.. just by listening to the workshop u will get chopped like carrot..

But my car is not jerking at all.

That happened to me when I was driving my company van. I continued driving when there was no more

Padding on the clutch. Not very sure for auto gear though.

Bro, probably is the fuel pump problem, as no fuel is pump to the engine as you depress the accelerator. Hope this will help. Need to replace the fuel pump for a few hundred dollar depending what kind of vehicle.

Bro, probably is the fuel pump problem, as no fuel is pump to the engine as you depress the accelerator. Hope this will help. Need to replace the fuel pump for a few hundred dollar depending what kind of vehicle.

But his engine rpm did went up leh. That means got fuel injected.

Allion/Premio CVT oil different from Toyota ATF oil...

White Can = Premio

Silver Can = Mark X

Yes you are right the white can..mine last changed was using one Can which suppose

To be near to two Cans if complete.

Now where got people go to scrap their car. COE so f--king high [hur] [hur] [hur]

If yr Jap car is >3yrs old, u can get parts from our scrapyards cos ty import from Japan.

Japan car inspection very strict n most pple prefer to scrap b4 the 1st inspection at 3 yrs old. These parts r exported all over the world.

My car is only 5 years old. Just renew my insurance and road tax plus car inspection. Somemore now have to repair gear box. WTF [furious] [furious] . The workshop said my gearbox oil very very black already [jawdrop]

Is yours a normal autobox? U sud hv changed the ATF every 20-30K km. Then the autobax sud last.

Last time my Corona CD also changed the ATF regularly n it was very lasting.

Most Toyota use Aisin wagner autobox. Those damm solid.

If yrs is a CVT, then I not so sure cos its considered new technology. But also hv CVT oil u need to change often.

But Last time Premio was using normal autobox.

How about tear anf wear???

For a Jap car autobox to spoil within 5 years very rare. Ty sud b very lasting, unless u thrash it or change wrong ATF fluid. [rolleyes]

110km

110K km is kachang fr a BnB jap car.

My Corona CD auto I drove till 400K km. Only had to overhaul the autobox at abt >250K km.

If I smart, I wud hv just got a 2nd hand replacement from the scrap yard. Much cheaper option.

Last Thursday night when driving back from CTE suddenly my car seem to slow down so try to ramp on the pedal the rpm went up but the car never pick up at all. No choice but to pull over the road shoulder to wait for tow truck. Now have to wait for my workshop boss to tell me what is the problems.

Hi,

I too encountered quite a similiar situation when I was driving along PIE (Tuas) in the middle of the night.

Suddenly the car slow down with engine indicator lights on while I kept my feet on accelerator. RPM remain at 1,000 rpm no matter how I step onto it.

Switched off engine and restart, can drive again but preferred not to take chances because I was driving > 100km/h when it stall, pretty dangerous on lane 1.

Final diagnosis : E throttle spoil, change new unit at $ 200 > @ Tan Chong (Driving Nissan Slyphy, mileage : 190,000km)

For your info.

Cheers.

Hi,

I too encountered quite a similiar situation when I was driving along PIE (Tuas) in the middle of the night.

Suddenly the car slow down with engine indicator lights on while I kept my feet on accelerator. RPM remain at 1,000 rpm no matter how I step onto it.

Switched off engine and restart, can drive again but preferred not to take chances because I was driving > 100km/h when it stall, pretty dangerous on lane 1.

Final diagnosis : E throttle spoil, change new unit at $ 200 > @ Tan Chong (Driving Nissan Slyphy, mileage : 190,000km)

For your info.

Cheers.

When i got my ride 2nd hand, each time i filled the petrol my acceleration stay at 40kph even i floor.

So was trying several option while going thru the web, the first thing i did was to buy a maf cleaner. It was fine for the beginning and later the symptom returns. So second on throttle body cleaning, went to autobac to search for the crc throttle body cleaner but end up bought the carburetor cleaner cos they dun carry this brand.

After cleaning the throttle body at 10k interval my ride back to norm till today and more responsive.

so for Toyota Premio (2008 model) is change ATF or CVT oil?? so confusing.. lol. but more ppl saying its CVT oil uh.

s--t man. my own Premio havent change the gear box oil nor spark plugs. and it has been 5 years alr!!

↡ Advertisement