Toyota Premio Gear Box Problem

Ngsehchoon

U chk if yr car is using a standard autobox or the CVT gearbox then change accordingly.

Yr sparkplugs 5 yrs never change [dizzy] . Why???

I usually change plugs at 20K km which is recommended in my handbook.

Toyota Premio/Allion original spark plug can use up till 100k. GB is using CVT, should change CVT oil at 40k. Some of the Allion owner more kiasu, changed the CVT oil at 30k. My previous ride is Allion, drive for 3 yrs before sold off.

Allion and Premio are mechanically same, only cosmetic different.

↡ Advertisement

Toyota Premio/Allion original spark plug can use up till 100k. GB is using CVT, should change CVT oil at 40k. Some of the Allion owner more kiasu, changed the CVT oil at 30k. My previous ride is Allion, drive for 3 yrs before sold off.

Allion and Premio are mechanically same, only cosmetic different.

OK if the plugs r long life irridium or similar, then just change at the recommended mileage. CVT oil also just change as recommendede. Of course if u change more often, it sud b better.

OK if the plugs r long life irridium or similar, then just change at the recommended mileage. CVT oil also just change as recommendede. Of course if u change more often, it sud b better.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] Most people in this island only thinking of changing car at regular interval, most won't bother about basic maintenance. Now kena stucked 'cos COE very high........

I had a colleague who refused to change ATF for his 7 year-old car. Asked him to change for goodness sake, he said, change will spoil GB. And, he's scouting to change car.

Edited by Kangadrool

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] Most people in this island only thinking of changing car at regular interval, most won't bother about basic maintenance. Now kena stucked 'cos COE very high........

I had a colleague who refused to change ATF for his 7 year-old car. Asked him to change for goodness sake, he said, change will spoil GB. And, he's scouting to change car.

And some pple think car no need to maintain. Just drive till scrap. Only fill petrol n pump tires.

All my cars I maintain according to the handbook at minimum. Some things I do a bit more.

So far not much problems.

That is why now during peak hour so many car break down on the road. Many more than 5yrs but owner never do proper maintenance.

Who tell you that brake fluid have to change every 2 yrs or 30,000km.My Allion now 520,000km, 4yrs ride also never change brake fluid.Just have to checked frequently.

Please....dont anyhow bomb. Its dangerous to sent the wrong message.

Dont change E.O at the most car wont move when engine seized.

Dont change brake fluid and the car wont stop when the B.F. boils over.

but mine is nearing 100k already and i havent changed any of those that you mentioned. Am I in trouble????

Where is fong tat anyway?

Bro. have you buy the CVT fluid if not I have one can left unopened

cos WS changed using only one can.

Bro. have you buy the CVT fluid if not I have one can left unopened

cos WS changed using only one can.

Hi Bro,

How much u selling pls sms me at 93681544. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

My toyota premio f 2007 is facing sudden problem of CVT gearbox failure.

It was running smooth and suddenly the gear shifted from D to N with a 'for for' sound. After that I cant shift gear to D.

The gear lever moves from P to N but cant move it to D.

The car doesnt move even if i put it the gear to R.

Please let me know what can be the solution of such problem.

How can my CVT gearbox be repaired?

pls pls help. am in nowhere :(

Sami

Hi Guys,

Anybody have problem with your gear box? furious.gif How much is the repair cost? knife.gif Can anyone share your view? bigcry.gif

Regards
Toyota Premio

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi all

My toyota premio f 2007 is facing sudden problem of CVT gearbox failure.

It was running smooth and suddenly the gear shifted from D to N with a 'for for' sound. After that I cant shift gear to D.

The gear lever moves from P to N but cant move it to D.

The car doesnt move even if i put it the gear to R. Engine sounds fine and showing RPM.

Please let me know what can be the solution of such problem.

How can my CVT gearbox be repaired?

pls pls help. am in big toruble:(

Sam

Edited by COOLSAM

Turbocharged

Looks like cvt gb is still not as reliable as auto... Even Toyota also got this problem, although into 7-8yrs but their old auto can last above 10yrs easily... This further strengthen my choices of new car in future with just auto and not cvt....

And back to the help required, actually you do not have much choices... Either scrap yard, recon or new.... With just 2+yrs to go, I don't think it make sense to buy new.. Just try your luck with scrap yard and recon unit...

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

How many litre of CVT oil is required for 08 Aillon. Just went to change my CVT oil and the technican used less than a can of CVT oil. Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi,

How many litre of CVT oil is required for 08 Aillon. Just went to change my CVT oil and the technican used less than a can of CVT oil. Pls advise. Thanks.

I changed my axio cvt oil twice... First time more than 1 tin, second time less than 1 tin. There is an opening on the side of the gearbox which the gearbox pill will overflow if too full...