1 in 4 Muslims in mlysia says suicide bombings

Baphomet

Twenty-seven per cent of Muslims in Malaysia feel that suicide bombings can "often or sometimes" be justified if in defence of Islam

that means that this group of people will find it justified too should the bombings are carried out against themselves

wow....that's news to me, really!

Actually, if you look at the people (separate from the often corrupt gahmen there), you will find that Indon has far more muslims than MY with a very liberal outlook. Not that surprising to me.

The reason that Indon gets a bad rep for harbouring terrorist cells, etc. is that it's a large place with porous borders, difficult to police, with a heterogeneous population. And, yes, that populace includes fanatical elements, but they're really a minority.

When I was working in a rehab facility early in my medical career, I had a Malay friend who was a male staff nurse. He was a rather devout Muslim, and a very nice guy (used to ride a Hayabusa, which he treasured, I was invited to his wedding, etc.) The morning after the 9/11 attacks (which most of us saw televised live on CNN - the footage of the second plane hitting the building will always be indelibly etched on my consciousness), I asked him what he thought. To my surprise, he immediately became rather withdrawn and just replied (a little cryptically) that "every story has two sides". Nothing further was said about this.

If even some of the more "moderate" Singaporean Malays can hold such ambivalent opinions about that attack, what's surprising about the opinions of those up North, who are recognised to be more ...militant, for want of a better word.

Edited by Turboflat4

I think if our dear USA is going to continue attacking more countries,

There could be more of such attacks like 911 where innocent lives becomes the sacrifice.

Why can't we just live in peace

U should go live leak n see those [knife] videos.

How they kill in the name of...... [lipsrsealed]

In one of the videos on a highway from "i" to "s",

They simply stop trucks n cars n interogate the drivers on thier beliefs.

Once they are id not one of them.......immediate execution is carried out on the drivers. [dead]

this is a very political and sensertive and racial issue to discuss.

there is no correct way to define the correct way of killing any ppl any races.

You mean there's a correct way? I would've thought killing of any race, or any innocent person (of any religion or race) is wrong. Period.

It does not matter which country which people..

Only when maslow hierarchy of needs are met,

then people will think of other things.

Then why the poorer countries than malaysia, whom did not have their maslow hierachy met think bombing is wrong, killing any other races is wrong? For example myanmar, laos and cambodia, the people there very nice as compared to malaysian muslim who think bombing other ppl lives is Part of the God's will and find killing lives regardless of nation, race or religion is justified? What kind of creature are they to think such thing is deemed as fit?