Battery tested 78%

Dumb

Sent car to AD for servicing. Battery tested 78% and AD suggested I change.

How long more can the battery tahan? Can go for another 6 months or not? My battery already passed 42 months and I got nearly 36 months to scrap.

↡ Advertisement

How long more can the battery tahan? Can go for another 6 months or not? My battery already passed 42 months and I got nearly 36 months to scrap.

batt usually last 1.5-2year.

change lah.

u cant last another 36 lol

Battery....especially maintenence free type.....if can last >24 months already damm good.

Its long overdue fr u to change a new battery. Only $100 plus fr a good one. Worth the amount spent.

Rather than u need the car urgently one day soon n u rush to carpark n its raining on a weekend night n u realise yr battery is gonner n u cant start the car. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

78% presume is the load means still healthy mine at 63% at 1.5yr mechanic said still ok to go but dun drop

Below 50. But battery usually good till 2 yrs and yr 3.5yrs and you wanted another 36mths kind of risky.

I monitoring thru a battery voltage gauge on my voltage stability that it wun drop below 11.8volts before engine start.

Supercharged

Wah, your current battery 3 years and 5 months!!! What brand is it, and is it a wet or main. free type? Care to share please... [:)]

Re your question, I think no one can predict how long more it can last, cos it had already gone pass its expected lifespan.

As per bro P69 had advised, better change it before it goes dead suddenly, and at the crucial time you need your car most. Cos battery can just die suddenly, without any warning.

Kb27, where are you - please comment.

Most batteries I've seen average 2 yrs life span in sg.

Rarely used like OPC can go higher nearer 3 yrs, but that's probably bcoz it's lesser "cranked" unlike normal daily cars.

Then there are good and bad quality batteries which falls on either side of 2 yrs.

The major contribution is owner's habit. Worst are those who never switched off aircon and cranked engine with it switched on.

Without knowing what 78% means, it is unusually high for 42 month old battery.

If this is measured using cca meter, and assuming the meter is accurate, the setting correct, a 75% reading of the spec is an acceptable time to change battery.

For TS to push another 36 months is highly unlikely it will survive that long.

Average battery start to degrade fairly fast after 2 yrs. I wouldn't recommend anyone to try, unless you don't mind getting stuck somewhere and have plenty of time to get if fixed.

The major contribution is owner's habit. Worst are those who never switched off aircon and cranked engine with it switched on.

so advisable to off the aircon before cranking engine?

What car is this? Where is the battery located?

The battery im currently... fitted since 2008. No problems starting so far. Car is cranked daily, sometimes 4-5 times a day. Running front and back camera in 24 hour mode too. Think a lot depends on how the car manages the power & also where the battery is located.

Cars w/battery sitting in the engine compartment... 2-3 years. And I would suggest you change to the old wet type battery to save money. It's going to last you the same duration.

German marquees with batteries sitting in the boot can go really long ways. I've not had a battery change in 4-5 years of my car.

My is nissan sunny and got nearly 3 years to scrap. Dont mind changing now but afraid the next may not last till scrap and I might have to get another one just before scrap!

Supercharged

Yes.

Even your CD/radio also should off before cranking engine.

Supercharged

My is nissan sunny and got nearly 3 years to scrap. Dont mind changing now but afraid the next may not last till scrap and I might have to get another one just before scrap!

If that is the case, you can always get a cheaper used battery to tahan till scrap date....some battery shops, or battery sellers do have such alternatives.

Yes. In many or most cars, leaving the aircon on, means a blower and up 2 radiators fans are running at the same time.

Cranking the engine adds almost 200A to the battery load.

You can't expect the battery to hold up for long with all these additional loads.

↡ Advertisement