Mio TV 2nd box

Spring

I wanted to have another Mio TV set top box for my room but was told by Singtel that I have to subscribe a new line/subscription. This is unlike Starhub where you could pay like $8 to $10 for a slave box and you just

need to plug and play in any room you want. Content will of course follow what was subscribed in the main box. Is this true? Have I been taken for a ride??

Someone said that it is because my line is a digital one????

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Yes confirm only 1 box

I oso kena n they lump all under 1 box

Anyway mio I canceling mycontract soon

Go read other horror stories

i was also told that i need another box....and modem. wat they say is since mio is using phone line to connect the modem, so need 2 lines for 2 boxes.

I wanted to have another Mio TV set top box for my room but was told by Singtel that I have to subscribe a new line/subscription. This is unlike Starhub where you could pay like $8 to $10 for a slave box and you just

need to plug and play in any room you want. Content will of course follow what was subscribed in the main box. Is this true? Have I been taken for a ride??

Someone said that it is because my line is a digital one????

Do you have "OpenNet" installed at home?

If have, then use the second box on the fiber-optic (OpenNet) line .... -_-

mio tv still using the telephone line and starhub using the old tv line? possible for them to migrate to fibre line?

Me converting my mio to fibre. Here is what the CSO told me the connection will be. My installation date is next month.

Open Net -> Fibre -> Modem -> Singtel box -> digital line -> Mio Tv set top box -> Mio tv programs.

Do you have "OpenNet" installed at home?

If have, then use the second box on the fiber-optic (OpenNet) line .... -_-

Yes I am using fibre optic.

That said, the fibre optic box is connected to the modem who in turn is connected to the set top box.

You mean can connect straight to the fibre optic box for the 2nd box???

But then again I don't have a 2nd box to start with.

Noob question but is it possible to link a 2nd TV to the same box but of course that would mean 2nd TV has to

watch the same programme as the first TV??

• Praise 3

Mio HD is running at 12mbps, so a single ADSL line won't be sufficient.

If using fibre, shouldnt be an issue.

the tech told me it was running 25mbps if u are on mioTV only.(no broadband subscription)

Me converting my mio to fibre. Here is what the CSO told me the connection will be. My installation date is next month.

Open Net -> Fibre -> Modem -> Singtel box -> digital line -> Mio Tv set top box -> Mio tv programs.

I checked with the CSO about 1 month back, was told still need the telephone line.

if you are on fiber, you just need to subscribe 2nd mio box connect to the same modem. but you need to lay a lan point in the other room.

I have a lan point in the other room and as mentioned I'm on fibre but they still told me need a 2nd line

but as you have mentioned, I don't think this is required cos the bandwidth for fibre should be enough

in my opinion. The other reason they gave was the digital line excuse which I dont quite follow

• Praise 3

I have a lan point in the other room and as mentioned I'm on fibre but they still told me need a 2nd line

but as you have mentioned, I don't think this is required cos the bandwidth for fibre should be enough

in my opinion. The other reason they gave was the digital line excuse which I dont quite follow

I guess they meant second subscription on mio box which cost $12 per month.

I checked with the CSO about 1 month back, was told still need the telephone line.

I had been on fiber for more than a year. No telephone line used.

quite a dumb system imo.

im sure there is enough bandwidth for the 2nd box.

Absolutely not! Its really not enough even for the first box!!!

Yes I am using fibre optic.

That said, the fibre optic box is connected to the modem who in turn is connected to the set top box.

You mean can connect straight to the fibre optic box for the 2nd box???

But then again I don't have a 2nd box to start with.

Noob question but is it possible to link a 2nd TV to the same box but of course that would mean 2nd TV has to

watch the same programme as the first TV??

Maybe apply one more using telephone line.....

This is what I wanted to have one in the room to watch BPL but beware, you have to pay double the price ... [mad]

Edited by Picnic06

Yes, the CSO also told me need the digital telephone line coming from the modem.

One (digital/analog)telephone line = one Mio tv box

If u need second box, u need to subscribe to 2nd telephone line for 2nd Mio tv box.

↡ Advertisement